The Mandalorian

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Great opening episode. Loved me some Grogu, western, quest, this is the way, cute mechanics hug, dog fights, pirates, droid was hilarious - can't wait for ep2. Reminds me, KOTOR 1 + 2 on sale on xbx.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

The space squid/whale things was a 100% hint that Ezra and Thrawn are going to be shown at some point

Solid opening episode

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The space squid/whale things was a 100% hint that Ezra and Thrawn are going to be shown at some point

Solid opening episode
Im not super huge into Star Wars - I tried to look up Ezra and Thrawn and it "seems" like they are from the animated series? We were sitting here trying to figure out what the cthulu looking things were when they were in hyperspace.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im not super huge into Star Wars - I tried to look up Ezra and Thrawn and it "seems" like they are from the animated series? We were sitting here trying to figure out what the cthulu looking things were when they were in hyperspace.
Thrawn was an old character from the books, but they brought him into canon with the animated show "rebels." Ezra was the main character from rebels and there's been a lot of talk of bringing those characters to live action with Mando. Asohka already mentioned thrawn last season, so we know it's just a matter of time, basically.

that being said I never watched rebels, I really couldn't get past their weird lightsabers, so I have no idea what those space squid thinga are

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Interesting opening episode for the season. Metric fucktons of foreshadowing, not the least of which is Ezra/Thrawn. I dig the plant dude pirate captain and his ship.
I squee'd a little at the Purrgils.
Great opening episode. Loved me some Grogu, western, quest, this is the way, cute mechanics hug, dog fights, pirates, droid was hilarious - can't wait for ep2. Reminds me, KOTOR 1 + 2 on sale on xbx.
I stand by my initial statement.

There is nothing wrong with having a mind of a child though. Luke did too until he finally started drinking titty milk.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Grand Admiral Thrawn made his appearance in the 3 novels by Timothy Zahn that pickup right after the ending of episode 4. Heir the the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. Second only to Palpatine in the Empire, which Vader was legit butthurt about partly because he wasn't a force wielder. Sent with a fleet beyond the outer rim to expand the Empire as an explainer why he wasn't around in the original trilogy. He is a stone cold badass and unequaled tactician. None of the expanded universe authors that were so widespread in the 90s were ever credited as more than glorified fanfic until recently when the best of them were made canon. Worth the read, great books on their own.

Lots of folks want to see Benedict Cumberbatch in the role, and i'm one of them.

benedict-cumberbatch-grand-admiral-thrawn.jpg

• 5Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Thrawn was an old character from the books, but they brought him into canon with the animated show "rebels." Ezra was the main character from rebels and there's been a lot of talk of bringing those characters to live action with Mando. Asohka already mentioned thrawn last season, so we know it's just a matter of time, basically.

that being said I never watched rebels, I really couldn't get past their weird lightsabers, so I have no idea what those space squid thinga are
Long story short and simplified. Space whales that can move through hyperspace. Also what was used to make thrawn and Ezra disappear.

Sadly the animated SW doesn’t get watched by a lot of people and it’s probably the best Star Wars.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Purgills were fucking awesome. Anzellans were awesome. I love me some Bo-Katan but she felt a little off last season, even with Katie providing the voice for her in animated and playing her in live action. She felt completely spot on in this episode. The intro totally fooled me as to when that was happening. Another really great start to the season for this show.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what the fuck?
I don't know, man. They made lightsabers SUPER thin and it's just too distracting for me to get past. I have no idea why they decided to do it. It's really superficial of me and I'm fine with that. I'm NOT fine with spaghetti noodle lightsabers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know, man. They made lightsabers SUPER thin and it's just too distracting for me to get past. I have no idea why they decided to do it. It's really superficial of me and I'm fine with that. I'm NOT fine with spaghetti noodle lightsabers.
Slap yourself in the fucking face. It's an homage to McQuarrie's earliest concept art for A New Hope. That's most likely what lightsabers would have ended up looking like on the big screen but the props they were rotoscoping the visual effects onto were too large. Zeb and Chopper are based off of his earliest interpretations of Chewbacca and R2D2 as well.

R.5801d16e7bc47d3120b2b1a428a5ec98

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Grand Admiral Thrawn made his appearance in the 3 novels by Timothy Zahn that pickup right after the ending of episode 4. Heir the the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. Second only to Palpatine in the Empire, which Vader was legit butthurt about partly because he wasn't a force wielder. Sent with a fleet beyond the outer rim to expand the Empire as an explainer why he wasn't around in the original trilogy. He is a stone cold badass and unequaled tactician. None of the expanded universe authors that were so widespread in the 90s were ever credited as more than glorified fanfic until recently when the best of them were made canon. Worth the read, great books on their own.

Lots of folks want to see Benedict Cumberbatch in the role, and i'm one of them.

It should go to Lars Mikkelson. He is the Thrawn voice actor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cumbersnatch would be the right fit for the role, but I think there would be too many comparisons to his version of Khan Noonian Singh. Mikleson is the best option, I think, as he looks close enough and does the voice justice. RDJ is a great actor, but his typical character is not quite a good fit style wise and I think it would end up being too close to his Sherlock Holmes portrayal. Thinking about that movie, I feel like Jared Harris would be a good fit or perhaps Richard E Grant (OG Loki in that series among many other roles). He might be too old, but Jeremy Irons would have been perfect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I wouldn't want to be putting on that goddamn blue makeup every day for weeks straight in my mid 70s and while I love Irons, Mikkelsen portrayed him with very subdued emotions and borderline humorless and I think Irons needs a little more freedom than that. He doesn't need to be able to go full Profion, but I think he at least needs to be able to be Scar.

1677792965136.png

Fan-art of Mikkelthrawn. I'd love to see it without facial hair, he looks too human imo.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wouldn't want to be putting on that goddamn blue makeup every day for weeks straight in my mid 70s and while I love Irons, Mikkelsen portrayed him with very subdued emotions and borderline humorless and I think Irons needs a little more freedom than that. He doesn't need to be able to go full Profion, but I think he at least needs to be able to be Scar.

View attachment 461351

Fan-art of Mikkelthrawn. I'd love to see it without facial hair, he looks too human imo.

Yep, without the facial hair that would work quite well. I even like the subdued blue tinge rather than blue paint look. Wonder if that's easy to do nowadays without turning the entire shot blue.