The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I wouldn't want to be putting on that goddamn blue makeup every day for weeks straight in my mid 70s and while I love Irons, Mikkelsen portrayed him with very subdued emotions and borderline humorless and I think Irons needs a little more freedom than that. He doesn't need to be able to go full Profion, but I think he at least needs to be able to be Scar.

View attachment 461351

Fan-art of Mikkelthrawn. I'd love to see it without facial hair, he looks too human imo.
I mean Chiss are basically just blue humans with red eyes.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Paul_Karason.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You can't have Richard E Grant in post-ROTJ Star Wars because he's already in that stupid ass Rise of Skywalker episode 9 film, so it would be confusing. But he is a good actor for that, maybe a tad too old.

I think the voice actor would be best.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The episode was decent overall, but that was some top quality nostalgia powered space laser pew pew.

The insane impracticality of Mando's ship still bugs me though - I'm assuming he just stops off on random asteroids to take a piss ? ;p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The episode was decent overall, but that was some top quality nostalgia powered space laser pew pew.

The insane impracticality of Mando's ship still bugs me though - I'm assuming he just stops off on random asteroids to take a piss ? ;p
Its a solo cockpit - I imagine that in a real life scenario, a pilot in a spacecraft like that would still have a suit with those "features" equipped. But other than that, I dont see why a funnel would be that far fetched and if you have to shit.. well, I guess you're shitting your pants then.

I enjoyed every bit of the episode. Fun and light hearted all the way through and still setup a new "quest" for Mando. Ive listened to a couple of so called bad reviews and even then, theyre not really trashing the episode. They just seem like insane shit to whine about. Saying shit like the episodes "Table Setting" took to long - but all Im thinking is.. how fucking fast do they need to set this imaginary fucking table? You want the whole fucking season wrapped up in one episode you talentless hacks?

Maybe Florida sticking it to Disney will have some positive effects on their shows, too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great episode, lots of fun. The intro was awesome and needed some Bill Pullman to help kill off that croc.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Allowing fighters to have hyperdrive, in the lore, was probably a mistake, but it's safe to assume that anyone using them for long trips is stocked up on adult diapers.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Allowing fighters to have hyperdrive, in the lore, was probably a mistake, but it's safe to assume that anyone using them for long trips is stocked up on adult diapers.

I don't think they're even used on long trips in even the extended lore, other than Luke, and he only does it because he can Jedi Trance his way through it.

I think fighter hyperdrives were only used for things like staging. It would allow the fleet to stage some distance away from a target with all of the fighters ready to go as soon as they jump to the target, rather than having to deploy out of the capital ship once they arrive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't think they're even used on long trips in even the extended lore, other than Luke, and he only does it because he can Jedi Trance his way through it.

I think fighter hyperdrives were only used for things like staging. It would allow the fleet to stage some distance away from a target with all of the fighters ready to go as soon as they jump to the target, rather than having to deploy out of the capital ship once they arrive.
The Rebels installed hyperdrives in their fighters so they could get away as well as be as mobile as possible for hit and runs. The Empire did not put hyperdrives in their TIE fighters. Only certain special ships had them.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fighters with hyperdrives were more common than not. They were excluded from the basic mark of tie fighter because it's a cheap, mass produced piece of crap. Hyperspace travel is generally fast enough that they don't really have to go into extended detail about life support/supplies.

velk

Trakanon Raider

It's actually kind of funny, one of the biggest combat problems of Distant Worlds 2 was that fighters didn't have hyperdrives and carrier operations became an absolute shitshow because of it. The logistics of carrier operations become a shitload weirder when the carrier is faster than the fighters.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The N-1 Starfighter is also a product of Naboo and we've seen that the Naboo are very much thought of as high end aesthetic engineers. All their shit looks fancy but also is premium quality under the hood. I always thought of them as being fancy Italians ala Ferrari / Maserati / Lamborghini. Hence why Watto in Episode 1 comments that he's likely the only one who has parts for a Nubian ship.

(How am I only now 20+ years later realizing that Amidala is a 'Nubian Queen' ???)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Excellent episode, so much stuff coming over from previously only being in animation just in this episode alone. I figured what happened in this episode would be much closer to the end of the season and not in ep 2, super excited for where things go for the next 6 weeks.
Bo-Katan is a total badass.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Awesome episode. The post-apocalypse Mandalore was great. The reveal in the mines at the end was very interesting - although I am curious what will happen with that. Not like they can fit that in a ship

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Awesome episode. The post-apocalypse Mandalore was great. The reveal in the mines at the end was very interesting - although I am curious what will happen with that. Not like they can fit that in a ship
Either Din or Grogu is riding that Mythasaur.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users