The Mandalorian

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The scene was so dumb that it demands an alternative explanation.
If dad and mando were the only ones that went, because dad had to try anyways, and mando didn’t know, it could have worked. You could have had a scene where dad had something like an actual emotion to a dragon eating his kid and saying he had to try anyways. I swear that Hollywood writers are aliens.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If dad and mando were the only ones that went, because dad had to try anyways, and mando didn’t know, it could have worked. You could have had a scene where dad had something like an actual emotion to a dragon eating his kid and saying he had to try anyways. I swear that Hollywood writers are aliens.
They arent aliens, they are activists.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are you fucking retarded? How is a single instance the same thing as "anytime"? The discussion was about how dumb the jetpack chase scene was considering they knew that they would run out of fuel. They all know there are two ships available. They still chased using jet packs knowing that they would never get anywhere close to their target. This writing makes sense to you? What explanation can there be other than the narrative was written in this way in order to elevate the female character? Fuck out of here with your bullshit.
maybe they just assumed the audience is smart enough that they don't need to hold their hand with every single detail.

they don't know where the nest is, so they don't have time to get to their ships (really just bo and din's ship, we haven't seen any other ships of theirs). they immediately have to follow the shrieker with the hopes that (a) they can catch up and rescue the kid and/or (b) they can keep an eye on the shrieker while someone back at base (bo-katan) can take the time to start their ship and follow them.

as far as their ships go, we haven't seen any, but we know they got there somehow. we also know that children of the watch DO take jobs. i just assumed that the covert has a few communal ships and they are off running missions. it's also entirely possible that what they did in this episode is EXACTLY what they've done previously. a shrieker comes and takes one of them, then as a group the watch hunts them down and kills the shrieker (explaining how they knew the captive mando would be killed). no where did they say that this was THE SAME shrieker as before, just that they know how they operate but don't know where the nest is. if they already had mando's killed by shriekers, they probably knew where THAT shrieker's nest was.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
maybe they just assumed the audience is smart enough that they don't need to hold their hand with every single detail.

they don't know where the nest is, so they don't have time to get to their ships (really just bo and din's ship, we haven't seen any other ships of theirs). they immediately have to follow the shrieker with the hopes that (a) they can catch up and rescue the kid and/or (b) they can keep an eye on the shrieker while someone back at base (bo-katan) can take the time to start their ship and follow them.

as far as their ships go, we haven't seen any, but we know they got there somehow. we also know that children of the watch DO take jobs. i just assumed that the covert has a few communal ships and they are off running missions. it's also entirely possible that what they did in this episode is EXACTLY what they've done previously. a shrieker comes and takes one of them, then as a group the watch hunts them down and kills the shrieker (explaining how they knew the captive mando would be killed). no where did they say that this was THE SAME shrieker as before, just that they know how they operate but don't know where the nest is. if they already had mando's killed by shriekers, they probably knew where THAT shrieker's nest was.
There was a mando helm in the nest already and it certainly didn't look difficult to find using a proper search pattern.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Mandos are dumb as fuck, this show is dumb as fuck, the excuses that the fanbois here are making for this bullshit is dumb as fuck.

• 4Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
I hope its building up to a scene at some point where Bo Kotan just says "jesus christ all of you are fucking retards, this is a goddamn stupid way to live" when she has to eat alone for the 77th time.

Episode felt like a video game, character speaks in a cutscene triggering a flashback that has almost no relation whatsoever to whats going on. Enemy beast boss spawns when you climb up to the nest. Oh no your jet fuel meter reached zero!

I don't hate the show but man it feels like it has no purpose right now. Hopefully that changes. Sitting in a western bounty-of-the-week format let it get away with a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Episode felt like a video game, character speaks in a cutscene triggering a flashback that has almost no relation whatsoever to whats going on.
That scene was basically the exact thing that happened with Din in season 1 when he was watching the Armorer forging his armor piece. Except this time it was Grogu flashing back to his past. She even had some little speech about the Forge being a core of Mandalorian culture and how it can reveal weakness.

j00t

There was a mando helm in the nest already and it certainly didn't look difficult to find using a proper search pattern.
i didn't notice that, i'll have to re-watch that part. however, it being difficult to find is more based on distance more than anything else. a flying creature that large is going to cover a lot of ground, which i think was the intention of showing the mando's run out of fuel.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i didn't notice that, i'll have to re-watch that part. however, it being difficult to find is more based on distance more than anything else. a flying creature that large is going to cover a lot of ground, which i think was the intention of showing the mando's run out of fuel.
So look, here is what that whole sequence set up. The dragon has murdered a mando before, and when they were snatched, other mandos followed it until they ran out a fuel. So instead of going back and getting a ship, then following the heading the beast was on, when they lost it, they just fuck off, "Guess we didn't like him that much." The longer the line the narrower the propable course was. So if they have 30 minutes of fuel, thats a pretty damned good idea which way it was going. That heading to search on, will always be there, even if the mando that was taken is dead. So even if they had no ships currently on world, as soon as one gets back, it should have been off to the hunt.

It's a stupid fucking animal, not Emperor Palpatine planning order 66; it's going to fly in a heading towards it's nest, after it has found a meal.

Mandalorians are supposed to be some of the best hunters in the galaxy? Psh, a fucking girl scout troop could have found that nest the first time it happened, with all the information they had.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Was someone confused on that point?
I thought you were implying that a mandalorian had already attempted to raid the nest and failed so they'd know where it was already. My bad, yo.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So look, here is what that whole sequence set up. The dragon has murdered a mando before, and when they were snatched, other mandos followed it until they ran out a fuel. So instead of going back and getting a ship, then following the heading the beast was on, when they lost it, they just fuck off, "Guess we didn't like him that much." The longer the line the narrower the propable course was. So if they have 30 minutes of fuel, thats a pretty damned good idea which way it was going. That heading to search on, will always be there, even if the mando that was taken is dead. So even if they had no ships currently on world, as soon as one gets back, it should have been off to the hunt.

It's a stupid fucking animal, not Emperor Palpatine planning order 66; it's going to fly in a heading towards it's nest, after it has found a meal.

Mandalorians are supposed to be some of the best hunters in the galaxy? Psh, a fucking girl scout troop could have found that nest the first time it happened, with all the information they had.
these people are morons. big croc jumps out of water outside their cave and they run around getting picked off instead of going back into the fucking cave. this shit is just as dumb as Boba and Larry Kenobi.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
these people are morons. big croc jumps out of water outside their cave and they run around getting picked off instead of going back into the fucking cave. this shit is just as dumb as Boba and Larry Kenobi.
3 points to Gryffindor!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Guys, blasters and jet packs are too loud, it'll scare it off and force it to eat the Foundling! A Starfighter with a warp engine in chase? Yeah, that should be fine.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Guys, blasters and jet packs are too loud, it'll scare it off and force it to eat the Foundling! A Starfighter with a warp engine in chase? Yeah, that should be fine.
Starships have stealth drives.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
nerds GIF

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sir it was proven in the first season that ships make no noise when landing. Please review the spider cave scene where an X-wing managed to sneak up on our heroes. That shit is canon.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mando is one of those shows that seems rigidly aligned to an initial storyboard. They NEEDED to have a campfire scene and cliff-climbing scene, so they had to invent a reason for both. They don't seem to care enough to try to do anything but hamfist the plot around those initial storyboards.

Personally I think it would've been cool if Starbuck rolled up to a bunch of moron mandos that ran out of Jet Fuel on her ship, picked them up, had them refuel and then Halo Jump'd everybody onto the dragon.

That'd still accomplish everything the plot needed and wouldn't have a bunch of dumbass plot holes, but it wouldn't have fulfilled the campfire / cliff climb scene, or the larger "western theme" of the show.