The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
only part I didnt like is the kid surviving in the stomach acid of the big bird for over a day with literally 0 scars or damage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I have enjoyed the season so far, but I have one overarching Star Wars question. I thought that I had heard that after 7,8, and 9 that the Skywalker saga was over, and the entire universe was supposed to be a new a completely different time period. Every show since has been in the timeline of Skywalker. It's time to move on.
Movie-wise, yes that is the plan, not so much for the timeline movies would be set it but more as they relate to the Skywalker family as the focal point. The rumor is the next movie will be set after the sequel trilogy. That was never really intended in relation to the Disney+ stuff though, Mandalorian S1 was already in progress when ep9 came out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have enjoyed the season so far, but I have one overarching Star Wars question. I thought that I had heard that after 7,8, and 9 that the Skywalker saga was over, and the entire universe was supposed to be a new a completely different time period. Every show since has been in the timeline of Skywalker. It's time to move on.
I don't know where you heard that, other than from than the same people who think they are retconning the last trilogy. The Mando stuff is supposed to go up to ep. 7 in the timeline.

The books and comics started the whole High Republic stuff with young Yoda, but I don't think those have been well received enough by fans to go live action.

I thought we were going back to old republic. Also can't remember if Keannu being cast as Reven was a dream a meme or just an idea floating around.
The Keanu stuff was just rumor/fan casting.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Finally a Star Wars property with a strong female lead. About time!

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This season has been okay. It's not offensively bad yet, but I'm also not super entertained. This is like the opposite of the boba episodes where mando was the star. I need more mando in my mando.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Definitely felt like all the Mando centric stuff this episode was just there as a basis for all the awesome flashback story. Really cool to see a little redemption for
Ahmed Best. He really got a ton of shit just for playing a part that was written by someone else. Wild that the silly game show he played that character in is now more canon, it was always supposed to be on the fringe.
And of course, that has to be Jar Jar's counselar ship, can't be Padme's thats on Mustafar at this point.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

That whole thing was pretty meta: Jar Jar’s actor playing a different character that brings Grogu to Jar Jar’s Naboo ship to escape lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This season has been okay. It's not offensively bad yet, but I'm also not super entertained. This is like the opposite of the boba episodes where mando was the star. I need more mando in my mando.
Mando really has had a Mad Max-esque role so far this season, but i really liked this episode.

I really liked theme of stewardship/parenting/passing on your traditions that ran throughout the whole thing, even though none of the characters are actually related to each other.

We had the jedi trying, at the cost of their own lives, to save as many younglings as possible, with their failure highlighted by the Naboo Guardsmen asking "where are the rest?", but they still laid down their lives for only Grogu and Jedi Jar-Jar, one would presume at the orders of Padme.

We had Din encouraging Grogu to use what he had learned from Luke to begin to learn what it means to be a Mandalorian.

The Armorer giving Grogu a rondel with Din's crest on it.

Paz and Din becoming less adversarial through their sons' training together and subsequently the saving of Paz's founding son. (What a man Paz is to fucking scale that mountain with his mini gun strapped to his back)

Bo leading a war party to save a founding of the cult she just joined, beginning to understand the Mandalore she loved may not be gone, may not be out of reach, but also how lonely it can be to be the leader as she ate alone at the fire.

Even them bringing back the 3 Screech Raptor hatchlings to be foundlings and hopefully have a cooler scene with down the line than the baby rancor.

The episode could have had more of Din The Mandalorian, but it still had a lot of Mandalorian in it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Jar jar to the rescue, nice. Made up for the cringe of hearing ten times "don't shoot or jet or it hurts the kid". Uh, okay. Fight in the air was awesome though.

Cybsled

The fight in the air sort of reminded me of little birds that harass the shit out of a larger bird in the hopes it drops the food it is carrying

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The gravitas feels a little light from episode to episode.

I wasn't really excited about it going Monster Mode again for a 25 minute episode length.

There's a lot to like, but despite that it doesn't feel like I need to watch it as soon as it comes out anymore. The upcoming mid-season arc could change all that. I remember prior seasons you had that "must watch" impulse, and so far this season is coming up short on carrying that same energy. I feel a lot less need to check out the latest Mandalorian. It's become more of something I might let fall off for a few days or a week. I'm staying on the wagon, but this isn't the Mando of yesteryear so far for me exactly.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
the plot holes in the show just serve to remind me how good the writing in Andor is.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
More like monster of the WEAK, am I right?

I was really hoping during the combat challenge the other kid would pick like axes or something and Grogu not being able to use one just forced choked him out. The whole ninja flip paintball thing seemed much more Disney friendly, which is whatever, but maaaannnn, could've been great.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The whole ninja flip paintball thing seemed much more Disney friendly, which is whatever, but maaaannnn, could've been great.
The whole jumpy flippy combat style seems to be a racial trademark. Yaddle fought the same way as Yoda did, and now Grogu.

Cybsled

I thought he was going to force redirect the darts and get 6 points

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My biggest suspension of disbelief is all the megafauna that still exists on planets in a galaxy spanning interstellar civilization that has persisted for almost 20,000 years. All these giant monsters would have been hunted to extinction by rich thrillseekers and big game hunters a long ass time ago.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Solid episode. Big man is a beast for flying right into the mouth of the bird to save his son. Of course they'll kill him off soon enough.