The Mandalorian

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't tell if he is supposed to be terrible on purpose or not in the show....

I mean he's not some badass soldier, he's the dude who hands out bounty pucks. He's a bureaucrat, if he wasn't a recognizable actor he wouldn't have even been in the scene.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well.. the last time carl shot a gun on screen, he lost his arm. maybe he's just gunshy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What Gavinmad said. There's not supposed to be anything badass about him. He's more of an ancient civ trader that just sits in town all day saying "Hey u wanna buy these cheeseburgers, I got these cheeseburgers man?" and then goes n sleeps in a barn, rinse repeat the next day for the rest of his life until the next drought or a bad deal goes south. Real tough. , or cubicle worker if comparing him to other time period equivalents.

They had him deliver some lines on behalf of the scene because hes a recognizable name brand. The warriors are the guys you look out for, not some guy selling cheeseburgers.

I'm sure Mando factored that into his decision to resist when he saw that cuck had only just stood up for the first time in 2 decades.

A huge missed "OK Boomer" opportunity-- Favreau likes cringey humor I'm surprised he didn't slide it in there. I woulda lost my shit. And Mando favors one-liners. It would have been huge! Think about it!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I give Pascal credit for somehow bringing life to that character. The only thing that felt kind of strange to me, was the simplicity in which Mando just one shots the droid in the head and kills it, after it literally just took on 75 bad guys and survived multiple blaster shots.

Maybe his hatred of droids allows him to have a crit advantage and shot it in a spot he knows to sever the circuit. Either way the end of the bounty droid was necessary yet too abrupt imo. They could of compromised and then went to collect reward together before he kills him or there is actually a fight.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Ok, finally watched these last night and have the following questions:

1) Why isn't this an hour long format?
2) Who can I give my money to for MORE OF THIS?
3) How the fuck did they manage to make a made for TV series 100X better than the last 20 years of big screen Star Wars combined?

If I wasn't so happy to finally have something that feels authentically Star Wars, I would be bitter over the fact that I could have been watching this for the last few decades instead of the warm diarrhea that were the movie remakes.

So, since we're not allowed to have nice things, have they announced Kathleen Kennedy as creative director for season 2?

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Disney usually has enough business sense to replicate successful projects. Considering the ire over the films...

Sevens

Log Wizard
Just watched these, pretty good and im not a big star wars fan
My biggest complaint is he killed that Wooly Rhino with a letter opener! I mean really that tiny little dagger shouldnt have even pierced the hide...but oh well its a minor complaint for an otherwise good show.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone else notice in the last episode:

motherfuckin' vibroblades!

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just watched these, pretty good and im not a big star wars fan
My biggest complaint is he killed that Wooly Rhino with a letter opener! I mean really that tiny little dagger shouldnt have even pierced the hide...but oh well its a minor complaint for an otherwise good show.
It was a vibroblade. Like remarked above. Vibro weapons are the closest normies get to a lightsaber.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I would like an explanation what a Vibroblade is. And I'd also like a Fucker Fucker explanation as well.

It's a blade. It vibrates. Can go against a lightsaber without losing integrity. Really never see it outside of the KOTOR games and other EU content. Well, until now that is.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's a blade. It vibrates. Can go against a lightsaber without losing integrity. Really never see it outside of the KOTOR games and other EU content. Well, until now that is.
The imperial guard in RotJ carried force pikes, which were polearms with a vibro edged side.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah but you never saw them used, you had to dig for that info. I only saw The Last Jedi once but were the red guards in the Snoke throne room using vibro weapons too?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah but you never saw them used, you had to dig for that info. I only saw The Last Jedi once but were the red guards in the Snoke throne room using vibro weapons too?

I didn't have to dig for the info, because I played the SW pen and paper RPG. lol... And yeah, those weapons were probably vibro too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What Gavinmad said. There's not supposed to be anything badass about him. He's more of an ancient civ trader that just sits in town all day saying "Hey u wanna buy these cheeseburgers, I got these cheeseburgers man?" and then goes n sleeps in a barn, rinse repeat the next day for the rest of his life until the next drought or a bad deal goes south. Real tough. , or cubicle worker if comparing him to other time period equivalents.

You two actually believe a guild of bounty hunters hires a pen pusher to administrate their missions and keep the guild in business?

Did you miss the scene where he leads every single bounty hunter in the guild to stop Mando? Yeah that's your bureaucrat.

Far more likely that his backstory is former elite bounty hunter that rose to the top and now collects commissions from everyone else's successful bounties

• 1Like