The Mandalorian

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Are we sure this is actually good? Or is it more likely that it's just good in comparison to 30 years of complete shit? It's a pretty low bar that Favreau needs to pass to a certain extent.

• 2Garbage
  • 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Are we sure this is actually good? Or is it more likely that it's just good in comparison to 30 years of complete shit? It's a pretty low bar that Favreau needs to pass to a certain extent.
It's pretty good/solid. I mean it's not The Wire or Arrested Development, but better than any of the movies since the 80s.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's a good show. It's an amazing Star Wars show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yall racist ass crackas

Oh please, as if you could tell these two apart

ZeY96Pj.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to know what the creepy scientist/doctor wants with Yodel. Sure it could be a totally benevolent reason he wanted the asset returned alive, but he's an Imperial Scientist so I'm gonna have to say that's unlikely.

Harvest his midichlorians obviously. Make a super-sith

I very much like the show, but this part, exactly, made me wonder if Lucas Arts is still doing lore checks or did Disney give Favreau free reign within reason. Even the Mandalorian faction Death Watch, the hardcore old code warrior separatists, kill the Jedi, kick out the Republic, in the Clone Wars series, took off thier helmet, outside of battle, all the time.

They showed kids running around with helmets on. I don't know about you, but my kid needs a new bike helmet like every two years, and it doesn't cover his entire head.

fris

Vyemm Raider
yea, but when you hear wilhelm scream, you think of either starwars or indy
For about 2 days, I had the Wilhelm Scream as my text message sound. My (now X) wife was never more adamant than when she told me to remove that. I should put that back just for her texts now...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Weathers is a bureaucrat, same as in Predator, he is also a former soldier same as predator. if he was a straight up white collar guy, he would need an employer. the empire is gone. he likely formed the guild himself using his leads he developed as his time as a bounty hunter. how am i sure Weathers was a solider? a suit wouldnt have the juice to lead a band of bounty hunters against Mando, he wouldnt be able to get the drop on him either. dude is a former badass.

spronk

FPS noob

its a really good western with a star wars skin. in a sea of Housewives of WhoGivesAFuck and The Oppression Olympics that is the landscape of television of 2019, it is a breath of fresh air

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Show is pretty good. I get the criticism about the score, Star Wars without John Williams is jarring. One thing I noted was all the bounty hunters in the bar were given a tracking device yet it I'm guessing none of them even got to the planet because that contradicts what Mando is told by the dude that helps him (no one has survived who's attempted).

As far as timeline, this is supposed to take place 25 years prior to the First Order but I could of sworn I heard a First Order reference in that last episode. I'm not a hardcore SW lore nerd so perhaps I'm missing something.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I particularly like the little details on this show, like how they presented the current stage of the imperial forces with just few frames of the stormtroopers neglected and dirty armor, or how they made this droid that was unimpressive and downright hilarious in the prequels look cool and menacing:
maxresdefault.jpg

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's definitely solid! And yes it's graded on a bit of a curve compared to the last few shitty SW movies.

The main character has an arc, he is very capable but not perfect and has to be saved multiple times. They set up the motivations well with helping foundlings. The Mandalorian culture/religion is interesting. So far so good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Imagine this show reskinned for any other generic sci-fi IP with same plot, same action sequences, similar characters and then realize how low the bar has been set.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Imagine this show reskinned for any other generic sci-fi IP with same plot, same action sequences, similar characters and then realize how low the bar has been set.
But thats how simple Star Wars actually is. Its not all space dog fights and laser sword showdowns. Luke was just a simple farm boy who wanted to leave home to do more with his boring life.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
But thats how simple Star Wars actually is. Its not all space dog fights and laser sword showdowns. Luke was just a simple farm boy who wanted to leave home to do more with his boring life.

im not even talking about the death stars and the light sabers

im just talking about how flat the plot and the characters are.

almost halfway through the season and the protagonist and the plot are flatter than Tatooine desert. Imagine this is a brand new sci-fi IP and these are its first 3 episodes. Are you still watching it?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im not even talking about the death stars and the light sabers

im just talking about how flat the plot and the characters are.

almost halfway through the season and the protagonist and the plot are flatter than Tatooine desert. Imagine this is a brand new sci-fi IP and these are its first 3 episodes. Are you still watching it?
Yeah, sure, i'm a 70s and 80s kid, lots of boring scif to go around back then. Its completely fine to me, though i am a bit sad we only got to see mando do his actual job twice before he tossed it all out the window.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
You must not have watched a lot of Western s. Reskinned to a random mysterious sci-fi setting would actually amplify the appeal and mystery and imagination.

Once upon a Time in the West as an example this has parallels with.

The ability to be lost in your imagination is what made star wars so fresh and fun. The first movie is about as a to b 3 act heroes journey as you can get yet we all fell in love.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, sure, i'm a 70s and 80s kid, lots of boring scif to go around back then. Its completely fine to me, though i am a bit sad we only got to see mando do his actual job twice before he tossed it all out the window.

They should have made this a serial "bounty of the week" type of show with a Mandalorian mytharc running through the series like X-Files or Supernatural. Could have easily churned out 200+ one-hour long episodes of that shit in a SW universe instead of this piddly shit

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users