The Mandalorian

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, wasn’t too big of a fan of this episode. Acting seemed like it took a nose dive, the bad guys were not scary at all and were pretty doof looking. Lot of more cliche stuff in this one as well. Echoing that it definitely felt like a sub-par episode of Star Trek.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can we shut the fuck up about season, series, episodic, arches, and their differences in lingo between the bitch country and the master US.

Thanks. Back to SW.

Sad to hear there was a dip, but eps 2 and 3 still have me hooked. Will watch here shortly and pay close attention for Gina, dat bitch is hot. Hopefully it's not as distracting as Sarah Silverman's fat ugly friend in ep 1. At least he got eaten so we'll never see him again.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Anyone else get an Ewoks: Battle for Endor vibe from this episode? It wasn't my favourite so far, but I appreciate that they're trying to mix things up. Might've been more fun if the tribes people weren't human, but a minor gripe. Carano is still hot as fuck and can actually act. She can also convincingly seem like she can kick the shit out of dudes.
The AT-ST scenes were pretty cool. And friggin Baby Yoda was cuter than ever.

Speaking of Battle for Endor, were the baddies supposed to be the same race as the bad dude from that?

latest

I haven't looked at that guy since I was a kid. he used to scare the shit out of me. Now he looks like a halloween costume

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone else get an Ewoks: Battle for Endor vibe from this episode? It wasn't my favourite so far, but I appreciate that they're trying to mix things up. Might've been more fun if the tribes people weren't human, but a minor gripe. Carano is still hot as fuck and can actually act. She can also convincingly seem like she can kick the shit out of dudes.
The AT-ST scenes were pretty cool. And friggin Baby Yoda was cuter than ever.

Speaking of Battle for Endor, were the baddies supposed to be the same race as the bad dude from that?

latest

I haven't looked at that guy since I was a kid. he used to scare the shit out of me. Now he looks like a halloween costume

Yes, we have seen that race a couple times before in the movies.

Before I forget. I loved them adding a Lothcat in the episode. Some more SW: Rebels easter eggs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I'll also add that the show being hamstrung by its run time really showed itself this episode. They almost have to structure it like a cartoon to get through in 30 minutes. So if you approach it that way, it's a bit more palatable. But I'd be happy if they extend the episodes in season 2. Even 45 minutes would give them more time to flesh stuff out a little

Jive Turkey

Karen
because we don't really care about any of the people fighting.

I felt like Carano didn't really care about any of the people either lol

*guys with sticks standing in the wide open*
*AT-ST fires and just misses them*
Carano: Stay there!!

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I felt like Carano didn't really care about any of the people either lol

*guys with sticks standing in the wide open*
*AT-ST fires and just misses them*
Carano: Stay there!!

I don't think she did necessarily, but they were at least behind some cover where they were. It was also because they were trying to lure the AT-ST forward.

Jive Turkey

Karen
They were Klatoonians. They were in Episode 1 and 2 apparently.

latest

ah, yes. I remember Klatoo from Return of the Jedi because I had his figure.
klaatu-main-image_8074b83b.jpeg

I feel like they fucked up some of the character designs in the show though. Were those guys that tried to attack Mando in the canyon meant to be the same species as Bossk? They sort of looked like Bossk done in a Star Trek universe. A little too human looking

Edit: Never mind, he was Klaatu and wasn't the same species. Blah

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'll also add that the show being hamstrung by its run time really showed itself this episode. They almost have to structure it like a cartoon to get through in 30 minutes. So if you approach it that way, it's a bit more palatable. But I'd be happy if they extend the episodes in season 2. Even 45 minutes would give them more time to flesh stuff out a little

This episode was 41 minutes long, I know this because by 24 minutes I was bored enough to see how long was left

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
ah, yes. I remember Klatoo from Return of the Jedi because I had his figure.
klaatu-main-image_8074b83b.jpeg

I feel like they fucked up some of the character designs in the show though. Were those guys that tried to attack Mando in the canyon meant to be the same species as Bossk? They sort of looked like Bossk done in a Star Trek universe. A little too human looking

Yes those were Trandoshans.

Jive Turkey

Karen
This episode was 41 minutes long, I know this because by 24 minutes I was bored enough to see how long was left

Oh shit. They need an hour then. Or spread this over 2 episodes... but maybe a one hitter is enough with these villagers

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh shit. They need an hour then

This could have easily been a 2 episode story. I think the main issue is it used all the tropes and stuff for the story but they didn't add anything new to it. This was basically just an episode to showcase the Mando's softer side with how he acts with Baby Yoda and his desire/willingness to have settled down and have a family with that girl. He just realizes he has become Baby Yoda's Dad/protector.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
his desire/willingness to have settled down and have a family with that girl.

That was fucking dumb that she had the hots for him despite never seeing his face. Although, back in 2009 I went out on Halloween as Rorschach and still managed to pull

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That was fucking dumb that she had the hots for him despite never seeing his face. Although, back in 2009 I went out on Halloween as Rorschach and still managed to pull

They didn't dig into her backstory at all really, and she seemed to know alot about Mando culture. I was actually waiting for the reveal that she was ex-Mando.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Breaking news, women are less interested in looks and more interested in a potential mate's ability to protect them.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Breaking news, women are less interested in looks and more interested in a potential mate's ability to protect them.

Breaking news, my second sentence makes clear looks don't matter. PUA 101.

There's a clear difference between average looks and no idea what he looks like

• 1Picard