The Mandalorian

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Bill Burr, Clancy Brown, Moss from IT Crowd, OSHA from GOT/Tonka from Harry Potter, Anakin Skywalker Voice/Wyatt from Timeless... I think the brother is the only one I didn't recognize.

I loved the way Baby looked at his hand at the end.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Rick Famuyiwa is American. Also not of Japanese descent, but Nigerian.

And Mando definitely fucked the Twilek with his helmet on.
whatever he is, he clearly knows what the fuck this show is supposed to be about. funniest part was when Baby Yoda went bouncing on the floor. second time they did that this season. the little spud is gonna have some galactic brain damage. i also agree they need to lock this show down to a certain tone, this episode's tone seems best because its the most "adult". cut that bryce dallas howard shit out, tell Opie to fuck off with his kids.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bill Burr, Clancy Brown, Moss from IT Crowd, OSHA from GOT/Tonka from Harry Potter, Anakin Skywalker Voice/Wyatt from Timeless... I think the brother is the only one I didn't recognize.

I loved the way Baby looked at his hand at the end.
fat dude is one of the guys from Sons of Anarchy.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great episode. Definitely the best, since the first 2.

More Bill Burr please.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
WTF is with the Disney+ app on PS4? Impossible to watch anything with the constant stuttering and freezing video but audio keeps playing.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Did that robot bleed oil when its arm got ripped off? This show has more than a little in common with Samurai Jack.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Had to come here and see if anyone else thought Episode 6 felt like low budget writing? Is Mandalorian simply going to be a show about side missions and a marketable pet or are they going to give us something to care about?

Nice to see them taking a play out of the Naruto book and already turning to filler < 10 episodes in.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed it but goddamn these tracking beacons are nuts. Bounty hunter ones let you find people across the galaxy without probs, and apparently the new Galactic Republic has a device rando guards can turn on and 20 minutes later 3 x-wings will come along and blow up whatever the fuck has the device. Like how is that a good idea in any way, lol

"fuck Jenkins, you just accidently sat on the beacon! We're all dead now in 20 minutes, asshole!"

Here's the thing I will ride and die for Mandalorian on: it brings back the spaghetti western genre BIGLY. Other shows like Hell on Wheels, Longmire, Yellowstone, Deadwood, etc have tried but none have really caught fire. I love the "style" of this show, and what I really hope it is encourages more Hollywood copycats to make more westerns with genre-spins. More sci fi westerns (Firefly), more cyberpunk westerns, more Western westerns, more asian westerns, whatever I love this shit and I'll take it all.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm not sure i understand wtf the point his emergency beacon was. What if he got left on the ship? Do the X-wings just come destroy the fuckin prison barge then?

Goatface

i don't think they would have blown up the station if it was not launching the gun ship

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed it but goddamn these tracking beacons are nuts. Bounty hunter ones let you find people across the galaxy without probs, and apparently the new Galactic Republic has a device rando guards can turn on and 20 minutes later 3 x-wings will come along and blow up whatever the fuck has the device. Like how is that a good idea in any way, lol

"fuck Jenkins, you just accidently sat on the beacon! We're all dead now in 20 minutes, asshole!"

The x-wings did mention they thought the station was launching fighters at them, and that's why they attacked. Presumably they'd normally start with 'Hey guy, what's up ?' rather than shooting.

A prison transport seems like the kind of thing that might have air support nearby, and the type of thing said air support would pay attention to.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think there was some minor logic leaping that was maybe left out? basically the beacon summoned the republic so quickly because it was a prison ship. it wasn't necessarily summoning just a couple x-wings, but a republic cap ship. but when they arrived to the prison ship, they saw that a bunch of droids were put down, as well as a human, and then saw that someone was missing and extra people were put in there. meanwhile, the tracking beacon that mando put on the brother twi-lek never got turned off, so they were easily able to track them down. the cap ship is probably cleaning up the mess at the prison ship while they sent out a detachment of x-wings to chase down the tracker.

i'm INFINITELY more okay with a tracking beacon that summons people to IT'S location, as opposed to a tracking beacon that the guild uses to track baby yoda without having any kind of information

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think there was some minor logic leaping that was maybe left out? basically the beacon summoned the republic so quickly because it was a prison ship. it wasn't necessarily summoning just a couple x-wings, but a republic cap ship. but when they arrived to the prison ship, they saw that a bunch of droids were put down, as well as a human, and then saw that someone was missing and extra people were put in there. meanwhile, the tracking beacon that mando put on the brother twi-lek never got turned off, so they were easily able to track them down. the cap ship is probably cleaning up the mess at the prison ship while they sent out a detachment of x-wings to chase down the tracker.

i'm INFINITELY more okay with a tracking beacon that summons people to IT'S location, as opposed to a tracking beacon that the guild uses to track baby yoda without having any kind of information
yeah, all of that makes sense, ship full of prisoners has a distress beacon. logical. distress beacon stuck on twilek prisoner. still makes sense. one person with no device being tracked across the galaxy , makes no goddamned sense. it actually breaks disney's own canon. TFA, Luke is the Mcguffin for the entire film. they need a special droid with a map to find him. a map! bitch, why didnt you just pop out your space GPS and head over there at the beginning of the film?