The Mandalorian

elidib

Vyemm Raider
How do you know the empire didn't implant a beacon in him whenever they originally had him, before he first escaped?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How do you know the empire didn't implant a beacon in him whenever they originally had him, before he first escaped?
Because Mando, being in the bounty hunter business would instantly know about such things and remove it. You could say, well maybe its surgically implanted in a way that it cant be removed, i say we arent shown or told any such thing. He just accepts that BY will always be tracked. I think in the beginning werner herzog tells Mando that there is no tracking fob and all he has to go in is some kind of genetic tracker thing.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
ok, so it is surgically implanted somewhere it can't be removed, and only supports the basic trackers, not the ultimate edition bounty hunter tracking fobs. No reason to explain every minute detail of that in the limited time given.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well... i mean who put it there? and if someone put something in baby yoda, how is the ONLY defining characteristic the bounty hunter guild knows about is his age? and why wouldn't mando try to obfuscate the signal? that sounds like obvious directions to take the plot...

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well... i mean who put it there? and if someone put something in baby yoda, how is the ONLY defining characteristic the bounty hunter guild knows about is his age? and why wouldn't mando try to obfuscate the signal? that sounds like obvious directions to take the plot...
Thats one of the more frustating things about this show, the aspect that drives Mando's actions for the season isnt even properly explained. Is everyone trackable? Is it just Baby Yoda? Why? When? And by whom?

• 1Like

Goatface

the best theory i read, tracking fobs are just targeted life form scanners. i guess in current cannon (clone wars maybe) ships can scan large stations or huge parts of a planet while hand held units can scan for miles or something and they can't id people unless the bio signs are known.

from the show, i don't think the tracker is leading him and others to the planets, that always seem to give a tip to get them close.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the best theory i read, tracking fobs are just targeted life form scanners. i guess in current cannon (clone wars maybe) ships can scan large stations or huge parts of a planet while hand held units can scan for miles or something and they can't id people unless the bio signs are known.

from the show, i don't think the tracker is leading him and others to the planets, that always seem to give a tip to get them close.
i mean, he killed that one bounty hunter in space at eps 5, so who knows the range.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
God this show just keeps on sucking

If you're such a great bounty Hunter how do you just let yourself get kicked into a jail cell by some fucking doofus

All this shit is so contrived. The writing sucks ass.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The acting in the Team of Bad guys was so gloriously bad lol. Bill Burr was a surprise, a pleasant one.

Yeah it is all contrived, go back and watch The Lone Ranger and Cisco Kid, it is all the same kid friendly stuff that this show is based on.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The acting in the Team of Bad guys was so gloriously bad lol. Bill Burr was a surprise, a pleasant one.

Yeah it is all contrived, go back and watch The Lone Ranger and Cisco Kid, it is all the same kid friendly stuff that this show is based on.
i watched both and loved both. those werent kid friendly shows in today's standards. those were boy oriented programs that taught you how to be a man.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

The purple chick was ugly and brought literally nothing to the table other than a knife.

Was she going to stab droids during the mission?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From all the lore I ever consumed in SW I thought Twileks chicks were supposed to be hottie slaves for the most part.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Not to argue that the female twi'lek hissing at everything and behaving like Harley Quinn wasn't weird and out of place but the knives didn't seem like regular plain knives to me. When she threw them at Mando they seemed to have glowing purple edges, like the knives we see the cartel boss use in Solo, kind of. Plus I seem to remember she did throw some at droids and wrecked them, when we see her after they betray Mando.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The purple chick was ugly and brought literally nothing to the table other than a knife.

Was she going to stab droids during the mission?
she is the sister/partner in crime of the guy they were breaking out, non essential to the mission, but part of his "crew".

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Not to argue that the female twi'lek hissing at everything and behaving like Harley Quinn wasn't weird and out of place but the knives didn't seem like regular plain knives to me. When she threw them at Mando they seemed to have glowing purple edges, like the knives we see the cartel boss use in Solo, kind of. Plus I seem to remember she did throw some at droids and wrecked them, when we see her after they betray Mando.
I could have sworn the chick actually activates the knife before she throws them at Mando.
The scanner are also a bit weird, When Mando freed the baby they were offline and when he took it out of the lab the trackers activated. So either someone has to activate them remotely or the lab had some shielding. They are also apparently short range because Mando needed that "I have spoken" dude to get him closer before he could use the tracker to find BY. If they were long range he could have just scanned from orbit or tracked the baby from his landing spot right away.

• 1Like

Goatface

btw. what are the downsides to hyperspace other than need good calculations and all that. why was the prison ship just putting around in normal space

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
btw. what are the downsides to hyperspace other than need good calculations and all that. why was the prison ship just putting around in normal space
there probably isnt a need to get somewhere fast with a bunch of convicted criminals. they could serve their entire sentence in space.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
there probably isnt a need to get somewhere fast with a bunch of convicted criminals. they could serve their entire sentence in space.

They expected it to be all droid ran. They didn't know that dude was gonna be on the bridge.

• 1Like