The Mandalorian

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Without the final episode the show to me was just a good way to mindlessly waste 30-40 minutes. That last episode though was masterful and if the same themes continues in S2 I have high hopes. It handled similar themes to RLJ in a much more subtle and better way. Or it’s just with newer characters nobody cared? Not sure which is correct but highlighting how everyone can change, nothing is pre-ordained while introducing a main baddy for next season in a pleasing way is better than anything the new trilogy has done.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Without the final episode the show to me was just a good way to mindlessly waste 30-40 minutes. That last episode though was masterful and if the same themes continues in S2 I have high hopes. It handled similar themes to RLJ in a much more subtle and better way. Or it’s just with newer characters nobody cared? Not sure which is correct but highlighting how everyone can change, nothing is pre-ordained while introducing a main baddy for next season in a pleasing way is better than anything the new trilogy has done.

Are you saying continuity and having something to look forward to are positive traits in the Star Wars setting? Clearly you don't understand the masterwork that is the sequel trilogy.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
People have been pointing out that The Child and Vader would be the same age... that this might mean that he was the counterpart to Vader in the whole 'balance of the force' business. Seems a bit far-fetched, but the 50 year age has to be somehow significant I figure.

Its also worth remembering that Vader was 45 in Return of the Jedi. He aged HARD...I mean brutal. I suppose a lava-based skin care regimen could account for this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To me The Mandalorian was overall a quite pleasant viewing. Couple of episodes lacked pacing / story but I'd have a harsher judgement if both prequel / disney trilogies had never happened. I think Favreau helmed a tight ship, actors were correct (as far as it goes), story was interesting (never read EU stuff), production was great (main theme especially) and the last episode was very fun.

Maybe it's because I didn't have huge expectations from the start, maybe it's also because I didn't really pay for it, but I'd rather watch any of that Star Wars sidestuff at home anyday than having to suffer through theater released bad producer movies with mediocre actors and expendable writers.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
-01-03-125.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I guess the lesson of the past 20 years is don't make Star Wars unless Dave Filoni is involved somehow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Clone Wars movie is a strong contender for the worst bit of media to ever carry the Star Wars name. It's kind of amazing that Filoni rebounded from that abomination to bring us the Clone Wars series and then Rebels.

• 1Salty

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only thing that bugs me about this show is Carl Weathers.

• 1WTF

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
He was awesome in Happy Gilmore and Arrested Development. I will always cut him slack for the work he put in on those two.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is also a black man named Carl.

Gotta give him points for that alone.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Weathers is terrible in an awesome way though. He's hammy but charming.

This. I love how obviously non-serious he is about the whole thing. It actually really fits with the character he's playing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users