Karen
He is also a black man named Carl.

Gotta give him points for that alone.

l442a.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Youtube is hitting me with all the Mandalorian covers now. I gotta say, at first the theme never really did anything for me, but man has it grown on me. Might even say it will go down as a classic. That weird little bit with the climbing chords and odd timing right after the main melody finishes is great.

I think my problem with it originally was that it didn't really sound 'starwars' to me, whatever that means. It's really great though. And hey, considering this is also part of the theme song canon, it's not even close to being the most dissonant

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
weathers was one of the highlights of this show, star wars can be campy and his performance fits right in this universe. some of you trekkies need to understand that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Star Wars wise, Weathers could do his Mandalorian gig wearing adidas sweatpants, mortorcycle boots and a fez hat, adlibbing Othello he'd still do a better acting job than 99% of anything we've seen since Phantom Menace.

You can nitpick his Mandalorian job all day long, just don't forget the bar was very low.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Canon is they are both not Mandalorians. The armor was stolen.

You keep saying this. Where does it come from? I can understand an argument that boba isn't a real mando. In the legends timeline he certainly was, but in the new timeline they haven't really covered it. All we know is that he was an orphaned clone with sub par armor. But how do you get that jango wasn't?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I was told there was a tie in between mando and episode IX. I just watched the last 2 episodes last night and the movie today. I didn't see the tie in, what was it?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You keep saying this. Where does it come from? I can understand an argument that boba isn't a real mando. In the legends timeline he certainly was, but in the new timeline they haven't really covered it. All we know is that he was an orphaned clone with sub par armor. But how do you get that jango wasn't?

There's a Clone Wars episode where the leader of Mandalore says that Jango was just a bounty hunter who acquired a Mando set of armor. Boba Fett is definitely not a Mandalorian.

I was told there was a tie in between mando and episode IX. I just watched the last 2 episodes last night and the movie today. I didn't see the tie in, what was it?

There was no tie-in other than baby Yoda using force healing before it is used in Rise of Skywalker.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
There's a Clone Wars episode where the leader of Mandalore says that Jango was just a bounty hunter who acquired a Mando set of armor. Boba Fett is definitely not a Mandalorian.

I don't remember that and it's hard to believe. He was 100% mando in the legends timeline. He was even the mandalore. It's hard to separate what bits of the story came from where, but clone wars shouldn't have been so openly countermanding what was the official canon at the time.

Clone wars or rebels? I can see rebels assfucking those stories like that.

There was no tie-in other than baby Yoda using force healing before it is used in Rise of Skywalker.

OK cool that's enough for me. We saw it all the time in the EU, but I guess that is the first time it was on screen.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem arises in that if Jango Fett was truly Mandalorian then every clone trooper also would be. Although that would explain why they could shoot better than stormtroopers.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The problem arises in that if Jango Fett was truly Mandalorian then every clone trooper also would be. Although that would explain why they could shoot better than stormtroopers.

Only someone who has paid zero attention to anything concerning mandalorians, including this series, could think that. Mandalorian is not a race. You're not born one. Also, I fail to see why that's any sort of a problem.

That said, according to the legends lore, the clones were mandos, at least the more advanced ones were. Many followed the mandalorian traditions. But that hasn't been reaffirmed in the new canon yet. Unless it was in clone wars. I can't remember most of what happened there. All the canon shit got filed away in my brain with little regard for where it came from. When they came back later and threw away most of it, it fucked me up.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The only thing that bugs me about this show is Carl Weathers.

Carl weathers illustrates that charisma can be more important than acting. He tanked EVERY line and did it in the most enjoyable way possible. My favorite scenes almost all involved him.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yoda is holding a Mythosaur emblem at the end. That is Boba Fett's emblem/symbol.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If Boba stole the Mando armor, then the emblems have no meaning to his character. Boba Fett is chilling out in the bottom of a sarlacc pit right now

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Mythosaur symbol dates all the way back to the beginning of Mandalorian culture.
Well aware, but it's meant to be tied in with Boba Fett in this series. That was the tie-in people were asking about that they missed.

• 1Picard