The Mandalorian

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is this jango fett killing the elephant and bobba just stole dads armor?
FastWholeGalapagosmockingbird-small.gif

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think it's one of those things that if you know that boba fett's armor has the mythosaur on it, then you probably know that the mythosaur is tied to the mandalore culture for millenia. i absolutely did not see the symbol at the end as a tie in to boba fett, but a tie in to the mandalorian culture at large.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think it's one of those things that if you know that boba fett's armor has the mythosaur on it, then you probably know that the mythosaur is tied to the mandalore culture for millenia. i absolutely did not see the symbol at the end as a tie in to boba fett, but a tie in to the mandalorian culture at large.
Yeah, people just want to see Boba return, who knows, if enough people talk about it, he just might. Disney right now is that mid 30s wife doing all the peloton shit to keep her man from fucking around.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Adam Pally spoke about his and Jason Sudeikis' season-finale cameo on The Mandalorian. The two played the scout troopers who were taking the kidnapped Baby Yoda. During one scene, Pally's trooper goes to check on the child and gets his finger bit. Then, he whacks the creature through the bag.

Pally shared details about a conversation between him and Favreu after the first take was shot. "I remember the first take that I did when i punched it...," Pally said. "They yelled 'cut' and Jon, who was watching on a monitor in his office, came down and said, 'I just want to let you know that this is the hero [expensive puppet] and it costs, like $5 million. I want you to hit it, but I want you to know that."

After Favreu's conversation, Pally joked that he had trouble filming the next few takes. "The next three takes I missed, because I was so nervous," he said.

That is one expensive puppet. I'd be nervous too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
At the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Adam Pally spoke about his and Jason Sudeikis' season-finale cameo on The Mandalorian. The two played the scout troopers who were taking the kidnapped Baby Yoda. During one scene, Pally's trooper goes to check on the child and gets his finger bit. Then, he whacks the creature through the bag.

Pally shared details about a conversation between him and Favreu after the first take was shot. "I remember the first take that I did when i punched it...," Pally said. "They yelled 'cut' and Jon, who was watching on a monitor in his office, came down and said, 'I just want to let you know that this is the hero [expensive puppet] and it costs, like $5 million. I want you to hit it, but I want you to know that."

After Favreu's conversation, Pally joked that he had trouble filming the next few takes. "The next three takes I missed, because I was so nervous," he said.

That is one expensive puppet. I'd be nervous too.
theres no reason to hit a hero puppet if it's being covered up by a satchel, just fill another satchel with socks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
theres no reason to hit a hero puppet if it's being covered up by a satchel, just fill another satchel with socks.
yeah, if its under a blanket then you dont need to use the puppet. that story sounds sketchy.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah, if its under a blanket then you dont need to use the puppet. that story sounds sketchy.
like, omg, i'm too lazy to get an intern to quickly come and swap a 5,000,000 satchel w/ one filled with old navy socks, no just keep rolling!

hell, by the time baby yoda is hit, the satchel isn't even on the storm trooper anymore, it's just sitting on the bike, so it's not like anyone even has to take anything off.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Only someone who has paid zero attention to anything concerning mandalorians, including this series, could think that. Mandalorian is not a race. You're not born one. Also, I fail to see why that's any sort of a problem.

That said, according to the legends lore, the clones were mandos, at least the more advanced ones were. Many followed the mandalorian traditions. But that hasn't been reaffirmed in the new canon yet. Unless it was in clone wars. I can't remember most of what happened there. All the canon shit got filed away in my brain with little regard for where it came from. When they came back later and threw away most of it, it fucked me up.

So what is a person on Mandalore called?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
What is a person on Earth called?
In the context of multiple planets, an Earther. People in star wars from Mandalore are 100% referred to as Mandalorians. Mandalorians that you are referring to, copied one of the planets main ideals and kept it going as a creed.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I suspect we are gonna get even more of a deep dive into the Mandalorian culture than we have to date from Clone Wars and Rebels. If we do go back to the High Republic for the next sequence of movies we will likely see Mandalorians as a problem for the Jedi to deal with.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I finally watched this, and binged the entire season last night. Kudos to them for making Baby Yoda cute, but not annoying and generally a pretty awesome character on the show. I can't wait till Season 2.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
In the context of multiple planets, an Earther. People in star wars from Mandalore are 100% referred to as Mandalorians. Mandalorians that you are referring to, copied one of the planets main ideals and kept it going as a creed.
Earthling*

so a person from Mandalore should be a Mandaling.

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What some of you are missing is that the Mando culture is full of adoptions. Your adopted family is way more important than your biological family. It doesn't matter who your parents are or where they're from. Baby Yoda could be a Mando. He'll he might become one for all we know.