The Mandalorian

Siliconemelons

Force healing was in the first friggen Star Wars ffs, that being "the link" between mando and epS9W is stupid.

and it was because there was no cuts between baby yoda popping his head out and him punching the bag.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Force healing was in the first friggen Star Wars ffs, that being "the link" between mando and epS9W is stupid.

and it was because there was no cuts between baby yoda popping his head out and him punching the bag.

Where was that? Was that after he was attacked by the sand people? Also, fuck you, I want a tie in even if it's imaginary. Come up with something else then.

Who cares if there were no cuts? Did they need the 5 billion dollar puppet in the satchel to begin with? Couldn't they have rigged something up pop up a dumb stuffed version? Or used CGI? It's not like he did much when he popped up.

Siliconemelons

Where was that? Was that after he was attacked by the sand people? Also, fuck you, I want a tie in even if it's imaginary. Come up with something else then.

Who cares if there were no cuts? Did they need the 5 billion dollar puppet in the satchel to begin with? Couldn't they have rigged something up pop up a dumb stuffed version? Or used CGI? It's not like he did much when he popped up.

Yes obiwan force healed Luke... some say Luke was practically dead.

Well. For what it's worth if you pay attention to baby yoda- you can tell when they use the "hero" puppet and a different, or a CGI modified one.

I did notice, because I pay attention to dumb stuff like that- and when they had him in the sack I was surprised they didn't just show his head.... And then when they did...i was like, wow it's moving like it's the "full articulation" one...must be cg..no...lol nice...haha he is hitting it.

Then when I saw the articles pop up I was just like 'yeah makes sense' cuz I already felt it was the "big one"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes obiwan force healed Luke... some say Luke was practically dead.

Well. For what it's worth if you pay attention to baby yoda- you can tell when they use the "hero" puppet and a different, or a CGI modified one.

I did notice, because I pay attention to dumb stuff like that- and when they had him in the sack I was surprised they didn't just show his head.... And then when they did...i was like, wow it's moving like it's the "full articulation" one...must be cg..no...lol nice...haha he is hitting it.

Then when I saw the articles pop up I was just like 'yeah makes sense' cuz I already felt it was the "big one"
if it didnt happen on screen, then it didnt happen. its just fan fiction he was force healed. and it wasnt necessary to use the expensive puppet, thats just them being dumb.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's just part of the decision to go with a high end puppet rather than straight CGI. It was obviously the correct decision as it turned out to be well received and is popular as fuck.

I haven't seen one person complain that baby yoda was annoying or unconvincing. If they went full cgi? Who knows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
if it didnt happen on screen, then it didnt happen. its just fan fiction he was force healed. and it wasnt necessary to use the expensive puppet, thats just them being dumb.

It's when Obi Wan grabs Luke's forehead and he revives. Even as a kid I thought that mean that he had done something to Luke to bring him back around.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's when Obi Wan grabs Luke's forehead and he revives. Even as a kid I thought that mean that he had done something to Luke to bring him back around.
I always thought of that more as just bringing him back to conciousness. I mean Rey healed a lightsaber wound that went all the way through Kylo's body and healed the creature in the cave that had some nasty ass gashes. Baby Yoda's healing of Greef even seems more impressive than what Obi Wan did.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always thought of that more as just bringing him back to conciousness. I mean Rey healed a lightsaber wound that went all the way through Kylo's body and healed the creature in the cave that had some nasty ass gashes. Baby Yoda's healing of Greef even seems more impressive than what Obi Wan did.
yeah, he was just reviving him. if it was something momentous like a force heal, im sure there would be some john williams score around it and they would have used it at other pivotal points in the OT. which would have trivialized those movies and thats why it never happened.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Everything seems more impressive than what they did in New Hope from a special effects standpoint lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Right... and umm that is the scene that all EU used to justify force healing so...

And even if it was "reviving him" that's still healing him.

And also, yes, some of it has to do with special effects.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
In that case, someone bite the bullet and watch the latest remastered version of ANH and tell us if lucas added some CGI effects to that scene.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I 3D printed and painted a baby Yoda. I know there are threads for those two things but figured you guys might like it, he turned out nice.

8D62F079-178D-4186-9A9B-1C4CF55E0DB9.jpeg
F8E6B915-1960-43B7-B4AD-62D5EC8EB99B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I finally did my second viewing of this and I appreciated it more as a binge watch. If ya view it as a long movie the episodes seem to flow together a lot better.

Fadaar

That guy
With the eps being that short it really could have been done as a two part movie. I imagine there'll be a fan cut (if it hasn't already been done) that will do that just.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We’re having a chili cook off in my neighborhood for the super bowl. Printed this to give away as a prize for the winner. I made the mouth wider and added his irises since Gavinmad Gavinmad ripped me a new asshole in PMs about how inauthentic my last one looked. This ones about half the size of the first one.

Also, I started actually watching the show a few days ago. Not bad, much more interesting than the last few movies I watched.

59E2434D-C869-44F4-BF10-F8F213C1287A.jpeg

10309E0F-98C4-4DB5-98CF-8268CDE4BB0B.jpeg

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We’re having a chili cook off in my neighborhood for the super bowl. Printed this to give away as a prize for the winner. I made the mouth wider and added his irises since Gavinmad Gavinmad ripped me a new asshole in PMs about how inauthentic my last one looked. This ones about half the size of the first one.

Also, I started actually watching the show a few days ago. Not bad, much more interesting than the last few movies I watched.

View attachment 247250
View attachment 247249
Oh shit, I coult make a bong out of it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That file available somewhere? Wanna print me a little yods

Yeah that one is on Thingiverse.

The first one I posted was from Myminifactory.

• 2Like

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
can the material you print with be sanded down and made smooth? or printed stuff will always look layered?