The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider

I had no idea that's how they filmed it, that's hella dope.

Also, take the balls off the top of this camera and it would be sick for some random space marine LARPing.

camera.JPG

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is a huge tech jump. There are like 5 non-Disney studios that have built these development sets now. All the Disney+ shows will probably be using this shit now.

Just following in the footsteps of the original trilogy.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I remember seeing the tech demo of this, will be exciting to see what will happen w/ UE5. Idr what thread it popped up in forever ago here.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I assumed this was going to be shit, and I didn't have Disney+ but then I realized Verizon gave me Disney+ for a year when I signed up. So I watched the first 3 episodes and it's not bad?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Same. Definitely worth the time to watch it but probably wouldn't pay for it

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assumed this was going to be shit, and I didn't have Disney+ but then I realized Verizon gave me Disney+ for a year when I signed up. So I watched the first 3 episodes and it's not bad?

They give you Stadia now. Better beat for us all.

Sorry you lost.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
“It’s not bad” is a good description. I paid for Clone Wars, I stayed another week for mandalorian.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't regret subbing for Mando. Going to wait till season 2 is up and hopefully Loki will be as well before subbing again though.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
speaking of clone wars, i just found out they used the same tech as mandalorian to film the fight scenes, at least between maul and ahsoka. they put mocap suits on ray park and some female martial artists, let them choreograph their own fight scene, then dave filoni filmed it, and watched the animation in real time. i mean, i know that's somewhat similar to what they already do with mocap stuff, but it's pretty interesting that they are using that tech for EVERYTHING now.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
speaking of clone wars, i just found out they used the same tech as mandalorian to film the fight scenes, at least between maul and ahsoka. they put mocap suits on ray park and some female martial artists, let them choreograph their own fight scene, then dave filoni filmed it, and watched the animation in real time. i mean, i know that's somewhat similar to what they already do with mocap stuff, but it's pretty interesting that they are using that tech for EVERYTHING now.
I love it. Takes me back to 70s-90s movies where it felt real and not perfect flawless utopia backdrops. Give me dialect and a rat in the street anyday.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I don't regret subbing for Mando. Going to wait till season 2 is up and hopefully Loki will be as well before subbing again though.
Bad news all marvel Disney plus shows are not in production and will not be airing anytime soon