The Mandalorian

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In Dave Filoni we trust. Favreau may have his own rep but Filoni's the one who actually stood up to Kennedy for the Rebels show and got some good stuff put back in canon against her wishes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In Dave Filoni we trust. Favreau may have his own rep but Filoni's the one who actually stood up to Kennedy for the Rebels show and got some good stuff put back in canon against her wishes.

Could George get a cut of the old EU? Maybe that is why there was such a fight?

How do those characters work out and how were those books licensed?

I can't think of any other angle to voice such strong opposition to old EU characters. It was extremely difficult to get certain characters back in Rebels. It can't just be an anti-EU agenda. There has to be some other motivation for that kind of resistance Kennedy was putting up.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm guessing you're talking about Thrawn. Good god it was so awesome to finally see him on screen.

Also jayrebb, from this thread:

They said in an interview that its IG-11... but its clear the intent is to show the IG series as badasses.

Malakriss

I'm guessing you're talking about Thrawn. Good god it was so awesome to finally see him on screen.
Thrawn, the Tie Defender, the existence of alternative projects besides the Death Star and any related lore tie-ins. Kennedy wanted her Evil Empire to be a one dimensional super-villain-planet-destroying-bad rather than something realistic with back story.

Thrawn's entire character and modus operandi via tactics recognizes how dumb putting everything into one superweapon is and thus wanted to pursue more elite starfighters, things effective both at the low level but scaleable higher up.

Cybsled

It's pretty sad when the best Star Wars shit of the past 2 decades have been the cartoons

joz123

Potato del Grande
Clone Wars cartoon is still the best Star Wars to me. General Grievous needed more screen time for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Critic reviews are out.

Summary of reactions:

I'll take that as a good sign. Critics watched 3 episodes of footage condensed into around 30 minutes. For those wondering what was reviewed exactly.

1572034129497.png

At least 3 episodes can't fucking suck.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
A dude that cries at star wars, and "select" reviewers that were provided a private screening. And, as we all know, star wars reviewers are completely objective.

I'll wait to form my own judgment.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A dude that cries at star wars, and "select" reviewers that were provided a private screening. And, as we all know, star wars reviewers are completely objective.

I'll wait to form my own judgment.
I agree with this -- But I do actually think this will be good, or at least strongly decent. Hoping for "great" though.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It looks like something that's a Star Wars property, that I can get enthused about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if its actually a female as the mandalorian and they subverted expectations, hows that gonna play out?

• 1Garbage

Merrith

That Ash whoever chick liked Porgs so much she freaked out watching Last Jedi trailer when it came out.

Do not trust. But I hope they don't fuck this up.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show is likely the last hope for the Star Wars franchise as we know it.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This show is likely the last hope for the Star Wars franchise as we know it.

yeah, pretty much seems that even if the movie is a masterpiece, the general public is so turned off by it that it won't matter. the shows have been the only consistent bright spot since the original trilogy. because this show isn't a cartoon, there's a certain attraction to it. don't get me wrong, i love me some cartoons, but the general adult public isn't so much interested in them.

where the movies feel like a sinking ship, people seem to be actually excited for the show. if it ends up being bad it could execute the franchise in all likelihood. the other hand is that if it's good, it could reinvigorate the IP on a fresh new medium.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the cast for this show. It has a lot of potential for being the greatest thing to come from Star Wars since the original three movies. The western feel, mixed with technology, has been attempted in a fairly popular show before. Firefly did not have aliens or the force as part of its narrative but it was an awesome show regardless. I am hoping that the writing and story can match or exceed that show. The Mandalorian was one of the main reasons I subscribed to the channel, so I am glad that there is excitement for what has been shown.

• 1Like