The Mandalorian

Oldbased

> Than U
Episode 2 was phenomenal, great job of showing how much you can convey without dialog. He even sounds like Clint Eastwood when he talks with the helmet on.
Don't get me wrong here, I am liking it and it is painfully obvious why the baby is who/whatever it is with Christmas coming + new service, but goddamn Disney, there is more than 200 people in the multi many planet world of Star Wars. I mean done well I'd probably watch Jawas fapping each other but they'll make a way to tie it to just a few select people.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Episodes 1 & 2 were solid. A lot of fan-boy service, but it was done well and with subtlety. I like the "High Plains Drifter" / "Unforgiven" angle this seems to be taking. I miss the John Williams scores. Love the 38 minute format.

Let it roll...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I know the music isn't liked much, but I dig it. It's like a mix between the japanese flute used in old samurai movies, the classic western themes, and a hint of SW musicality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I know the music isn't liked much, but I dig it. It's like a mix between the japanese flute used in old samurai movies, the classic western themes, and a hint of SW musicality.

I like the Manadalorian theme music, but the rest of it sucks. It seems like they bought it from a service that supplies the equivalent of elevator music to production studios.

Jive Turkey

Karen
The show is pretty wicked. The baby Yoda character is cute as fuck.

So are there just Jawa creatures on every desert planet? How does that work? Or did it say they were on Tatooine and I just missed it?

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The show is pretty wicked. The baby Yoda character is cute as fuck.

So are there just Jawa creatures on every desert planet? How does that work? Or did it say they were on Tatooine and I just missed it?

They aren't on Tattooine, Favreau just doesn't give a shit about canon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They aren't on Tattooine, Favreau just doesn't give a shit about canon.
It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a scavenger race, able to strip a spacecraft clean, wouldn't be able to make it off their home planet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a scavenger race, able to strip a spacecraft clean, wouldn't be able to make it off their home planet.

I mean I didn't even think about it until Turkey asked about it so it's not like it's some huge sin. Maybe if the episode wasn't so short they would have had time for a quick throwaway line explaining how they got off of Tattooine with a sandcrawler though. Like just asking Nolte 'what the fuck are Jawas doing here'

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean I didn't even think about it until Turkey asked about it so it's not like it's some huge sin. Maybe if the episode wasn't so short they would have had time for a quick throwaway line explaining how they got off of Tattooine with a sandcrawler though. Like just asking Nolte 'what the fuck are Jawas doing here'

Yeah, the show is good enough I didn't think anything about it at first. I was cool with seeing more Jawa interaction. Shit we learned more about them in that episode than we did in A New Hope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I forgot that Jarron showed a rudimentary understanding of Jawa Trade Talk, so I guess we're supposed to assume that he's either been to Tattooine often enough for learning it to have been worth the time, or that Jawas can be found throughout the Outer Rim. Hell, I don't think any canon source explicitly says they're native to Tattooine.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Actually I forgot that Jarron showed a rudimentary understanding of Jawa Trade Talk, so I guess we're supposed to assume that he's either been to Tattooine often enough for learning it to have been worth the time, or that Jawas can be found throughout the Outer Rim. Hell, I don't think any canon source explicitly says they're native to Tattooine.

They need a comic tie in of some Jawa's making a ship and leaving Tatooine. However they are shitty pilots and somehow end up crashing on another desolate planet, but are ecstatic about it since it reminds them of home. Then they strip their ship to make a sandcrawler and it's life as usual.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jawas present on Avala-7 had a love for Mudhorn eggs, going so far as to trade a large pile of parts for a single egg.[6]

Speculate at will now

Fucker

Log Wizard
Rewatched E2. I love this show. :emoji_bacon:

I was also wrong about the music.

I want his disintegrater rifle. It would make grocery shopping so much more enjoyable.

Sterling

El Presidente
2nd episode also pretty good. Shit is so silly how they can do the various animated shows and now this, but you still get TLJ for the flagship event of the franchise.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Show's great. Yodi is fuckin' great. If they keep this down to the one mission per episode formula, this could be really great. The Sandcrawler looked fucking awesome too.

AND DISINTEGRATIONS!

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Show's great. Yodi is fuckin' great. If they keep this down to the one mission per episode formula, this could be really great. The Sandcrawler looked fucking awesome too.

AND DISINTEGRATIONS!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
First episode was really good, second episode is better. A great start overall.

The 'showdown' on top of the crawler was lol'worthy.

Baby Yoda is pretty much weaponised cuteness ( 'Spit that out !' )

An invincible machine of ass-kicking, the Mandalorian is not. Heh.