<Silver Donator>
'but shes the best white action girl.'

that honor goes to Milla Jovovich!

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i just watched an interview with gina carano the other day. it was pretty in depth and they covered a good chunk of her career from her loss with cyborg to now. basically she didn't fight in ufc because dana white is a spaz and has no people skills. she also got pretty royally screwed with haywire. soderberg wouldn't let her do the reshoots for some reason, so her voice was dubbed by someone else, they didn't really give her much guidance with acting which is why her performance kind of fell flat. like her fight scenes were amazing but beyond that she was pretty dull. i guess she was trying to get acting classes done before shooting but they just wanted to get the movie out and be done with it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm fine with the episode, I enjoyed it. I don't think it was wasted time. It established some key plot points going forward and introduced a new character whom I assume we'll see again

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Magnificent Two. Blah.

I think someone already said it or something close, but this show would be an epic flop if it weren't for the Star Wars setting.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Episode is bad in the sense, it's the first episode to slap you and say remember we are disney..

Most my thoughts are covered, it was more effort put into humanizing Mando than the first two, and riding off the tone of ep3. Fanservicing Baby Yoda. We atleast get the drop that he isnt Mandalorian, and I can theorize that the only way he is considerably mandalorian, is through that code. Thoroughly enjoyed Cara, although cartoon-y.. I liked the knockdown blow that sent Mando into the ground, with his legs hitting last. Makes me a bit excited to see the rest of the '7'.. we still have yet to see
xNhMTNL.gif

I think my only gripe, and struggling to deal with Cara's impromptu plan in the ditch. Didn't the Atst attack atleast once, if not twice, cause an explosion.. In the raid, and behind the villagers.. But then when blasting the dirt behind Cara.. It was nothing. I thought her plan was gonna be going physical with it, by trying to climb it and the raider pilots just panicking trying to see her; then it falls.. I might be wrong.

spronk

FPS noob
So is it a lore break that they do take off their helmets when... in plain sight for dozens of strangers?

i thought that was super, super weird too and just assumed he was looking out one way space-glass

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The worst thing about this episode is there is only one fappening post on Gina Carano and no nudes

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can we just all enjoy the fact that Mando met two women and wasn't romantically invested in either of them? That's pretty big of Disney to do since literally romances is all their disney movies have been about (up until Mulan, I haven't watched any since probably like 200). I'm always worried they shit up some tough guy loner mercenary with some nonsense romance to a scrappy gal or some shit. Glad they haven't....yet.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Everyone dies in Rogue One.
That's why it's my favorite movie outside the original trilogy. About 3/4 the way through I realized there was no way this would make sense unless everyone dies. Thought there was no way Disney would let that happen, then damn if they didn't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can we just all enjoy the fact that Mando met two women and wasn't romantically invested in either of them? That's pretty big of Disney to do since literally romances is all their disney movies have been about (up until Mulan, I haven't watched any since probably like 200). I'm always worried they shit up some tough guy loner mercenary with some nonsense romance to a scrappy gal or some shit. Glad they haven't....yet.

I mean if he's never shown anyone his face since he was a child, is he still a virgin? He could have banged her without falling in love with her.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I mean if he's never shown anyone his face since he was a child, is he still a virgin? He could have banged her without falling in love with her.

It's not like you have to show your face to bang someone. In fact if it wasn't Disney I'd have expected around the end of the episode when he's packing, the pretty widow would come talk to him and whisper something and he goes "Uh.. no it's only the helmet.." and then an ellipse and back to packing with a content smile on her face. But it turned a bit melodramatic with the music so I figured they went the sad loner route instead. It works too.

I think the episode was meant to be a break from the main quest for a bit, but it also brought up why he can't really just hide or stop running, it's a John Wick 3 situation where he's going to have to run and gun his pursuers until he gets to the end of it.

Also liked how the woman was an ex-Shocktrooper with that distinctive arm red stripes tattoo that we see on Shocktrooper helmets.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Untitledsss.png

Journalist realizes fans were not bitching just because they would whine about everything, but rather because the recent movies sucked.

I think this has always been the reason I got so annoyed at people (Blue check marks ect) trying to lay the blame on the fans, as if nothing would please them. In reality, Star Wars fans are stupid simple to please. Respect the lore, make interesting characters, have a simple plot that draws on western/knight/serial adventure tropes and you can print money.

This was never complicated. For fuck sake you might not even need the above--just don't show contempt for the material and you'll probably be fine. it speaks VOLUMES that Disney has not been able to do this.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

j00t

View attachment 235472

Journalist realizes fans were not bitching just because they would whine about everything, but rather because the recent movies sucked.

I think this has always been the reason I got so annoyed at people (Blue check marks ect) trying to lay the blame on the fans, as if nothing would please them. In reality, Star Wars fans are stupid simple to please. Respect the lore, make interesting characters, have a simple plot that draws on western/knight/serial adventure tropes and you can print money.

This was never complicated. For fuck sake you might not even need the above--just don't show contempt for the material and you'll probably be fine. it speaks VOLUMES that Disney has not been able to do this.
it's not even just star wars fans... it's just people in general. give us something that doesn't berate us for being fans and we'll be happy. it doesn't have to even be objectively good.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
This was easily the worst episode so far but it wasn't bad persay.

I didn't really like the whole Mando saving a settlement thing, I feel like it's more in character to avoid the situation entirely. I get that they're trying to show him soften due to the baby yoda relationship, but it felt a bit OTT to me, that he would go from willing to sell out child to wanting to save a settlement in such a short amount of time.

I didn't really care for the new characters either, they all felt pretty inconsequential or annoying.

It's also annoying me how people are attributing emotion to baby yoda when there is literally none.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

This was easily the worst episode so far but it wasn't bad persay.

I didn't really like the whole Mando saving a settlement thing, I feel like it's more in character to avoid the situation entirely. I get that they're trying to show him soften due to the baby yoda relationship, but it felt a bit OTT to me, that he would go from willing to sell out child to wanting to save a settlement in such a short amount of time.

I didn't really care for the new characters either, they all felt pretty inconsequential or annoying.

It's also annoying me how people are attributing emotion to baby yoda when there is literally none.

that's exactly what anthropomorphism is. we attribute human characteristics and emotions to non-human things. but maybe you're talking about motive? i don't know, i don't think i've seen any of that. care to explain?

i also wonder how much time is passing. they've done nothing to show any passage of time, yet at the end of the episode someone (i don't remember who it was) mentioned that it had been weeks since they chased off the bandits. it would be nice if they showed SOMETHING denoting how long things are taking because otherwise it feels like it's all just been a couple of days. if you look at it from the perspective that mando has been travelling with baby yoda for some time, it makes sense why he'd be softening up a little... but as it is, it just feels like he's throwing out established character traits all willy nilly.

though i guess we've really only seen him take 2 jobs from the guild. one of them was to find some rando bail jumper and the other was directly for the empire that he hates. so maybe him turning on the guild was less about turning on the guild, and more about his distrust for the empire.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
that's exactly what anthropomorphism is. we attribute human characteristics and emotions to non-human things. but maybe you're talking about motive? i don't know, i don't think i've seen any of that. care to explain?

i also wonder how much time is passing. they've done nothing to show any passage of time, yet at the end of the episode someone (i don't remember who it was) mentioned that it had been weeks since they chased off the bandits. it would be nice if they showed SOMETHING denoting how long things are taking because otherwise it feels like it's all just been a couple of days. if you look at it from the perspective that mando has been travelling with baby yoda for some time, it makes sense why he'd be softening up a little... but as it is, it just feels like he's throwing out established character traits all willy nilly.

though i guess we've really only seen him take 2 jobs from the guild. one of them was to find some rando bail jumper and the other was directly for the empire that he hates. so maybe him turning on the guild was less about turning on the guild, and more about his distrust for the empire.

I mean even the biggest hardass in the world will still have a soft spot for such a blatant Magnificent Seven Samurai ripoff.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Chad bounty Hunter vs. virgin Jedi

Chad bounty Hunter just fucks with his helmet on.