The Mandalorian

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
the only arguments i had with friends over the OT when they came out, was who was stronger in the force. i always went with Vader because he was the coolest. none of us ever talked about the movies being shitty other than "wtf ewoks?" later when Lucas put out his special editions, thats when nerds really got riled up.

How do you feel about the force that Vader shows he can do in the OT, versus was Kylo Ren can do in the latest triology (LT!)?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Too bad the baby yoda merch sucks absolute dick right now, its all garbage.

The merch is shit. BUT, they did such a great job with baby yoda in the show. He's so fucking adorable, and he amazingly has expressions despite not having any expression at all. It's bizarre, he's the cutest little thing haha.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think I've figured this out at this point. It's 30-40 minutes a week to sit and just watch something with no real brain cells being used. The story is super simple and each episode is basically two or three set pieces. It's in no hurry as it will probably never be cancelled and it's well made due to the huge budget it certainly got. Maybe my last post was harsh in asking if this was good but it's only good in that it's just a warm blanket to sit with but not something I would value more than that.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am genuinely enjoying this. However, I think this is one instance where I think binging the entire season would be a better experience. I would love to have these episodes cut into one long movie type thing.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Exactly. I think the reason we don't like this episode as much is because it's self contained, and didn't progress the overall plot at all. You can't do that shit in a 10 episode show. That's some bullshit!!!

Even worse, I think it's an 8 episode season

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is the former shocktrooper already scheduled to show up in other media or can we expect some tie in for the future? Wouldn't be surprised if they have a book or comic that has the squad featured in some capacity.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is the former shocktrooper already scheduled to show up in other media or can we expect some tie in for the future? Wouldn't be surprised if they have a book or comic that has the squad featured in some capacity.

She's already in filming for Season 2 and it shows her as returning in eps. 7-8 on IMDB. I think next ep. is Bill Burr coming after Mando.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
AptOrnateEmu-max-1mb.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
It was a totally fine episode. It just didn't progress the plot at all, and in a show with 10 episodes per season that sucks dick.

Totally agree. I had the same thought process. Towards the end of R1 I realized that I didn't know any of the characters and that they must not make it to the next movie (SW4). And then they all started dying. I felt a lot of the movie was weak, and I had trouble loving really any of the characters, but when I realized it was all an insane suicide mission and that they *all* fell, it really made the movie for me and let me appreciate an otherwise ok, but somewhat weak, movie. And then they gave us the most amazing Darth Vader scene, which, honestly, is the best 90 seconds in all of the Star Wars movies. Fucking Vader showing up in the dark, hearing his breathing, the light saber lights, then he just lays waste to rooms full of knuckleheads. They are fucking terrified. I love re-watching that scene over and over.

Everyone says that scene is fan service... it is, but, we have all heard that Darth Vader is the biggest badass that ever existed since 1977, but have never seen it. The original trilogy fight scenes are horrible. This shows us just a glimpse of how fucking badass he is. It's amazing. He just straight up fucking murders like two dozen little faggots.

If you had been in the theater with me , you would have heard the Darth 'breathe' , seen the red saber, then heard my dumb ass yell 'HELL YEAH' out loud.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How do you feel about the force that Vader shows he can do in the OT, versus was Kylo Ren can do in the latest triology (LT!)?
He's a joke. they all are. none of these kids can hold Vader's metal space jock. you will never see Kylo faggot's helmet on a fucking church.
finddarth-900x624.jpg

3bzjb.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So this episode was certainly the weakest of the bunch. No real plot advancement, and like it's been pointed out, it's hard to really have that in such a short season (both in length of episode and number). Gina was not the reason this episode sucked. Mando's dialogue sucked, and it was just sorta boring in general. The lady saw who directed it - "Bryce Dallas Howard? Well what the fuck. Random." 6/10.

There is nothing masterful about this show. It's a good, easy to digest show that hopefully will take a step up in the back-end.

Jive Turkey

Karen
She's already in filming for Season 2 and it shows her as returning in eps. 7-8 on IMDB. I think next ep. is Bill Burr coming after Mando.

I wonder if Greef Karga hired him for the bounty using zip............rrrrrrrrrrecruiter

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Towards the end of R1 I realized that I didn't know any of the characters and that they must not make it to the next movie (SW4).

This describes most of what ultimately made Rogue One suck. It's funny how broadly panned it was when it came out but now people are all over the map on it because TLJ destroyed the IP so bad that everyone's perceptions are fucked. As a TV series Rebels actually had the time to make all those irrelevant characters seem important, especially since the main element was the much broader idea of the creation of the Rebellion itself rather than something so narrow as the acquisition of the Death Star plans. Prequels/interquels impose a lot of potentially shitty restrictions, and by far the worst part of Rebels was the way they had to wrap things up in a way that (sort of) explains why all these characters so important to the Rebellion never show up during the events of the OT. But the series is an utter masterpiece compared to Rogue One.

And I realize they've retconned that beard dude in RotJ to be Captain Rex, but that's lame and doesn't fit the character to be just some random background trooper.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Everyone says that scene is fan service... it is, but, we have all heard that Darth Vader is the biggest badass that ever existed since 1977, but have never seen it. The original trilogy fight scenes are horrible. This shows us just a glimpse of how fucking badass he is. It's amazing. He just straight up fucking murders like two dozen little faggots.

on screen and between cuts there are 12 deaths

hallway scene 1

there are 9 guys trapped in the hallway

blaster deflect
blaster deflect
force pull ceiling slash
blaster delflect

force grabs all 4 blasters

overhand slash
headchopped
overhand slash
force choke thrown to wall
stabbed in tummy floppy disk guy

9 deaths

hallway scene cont

new floppy disk guy makes it past closing door while vader is with 3 resistance guys in mid head chop (presumably those 2 on the floor are gonna die, one has an overhand slash coming to him already.

I'm asian, go ahead, question the numbers

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, maybe they'll just make this an endless show where mando does side quests non-stop. I mean I assume the target audience is kids? That's how cartoons used to be right

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I agree that this show would have been a massive failure on its own. I like they haven't made him a badass but he is mediocre at best.

• 1Like