The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
So it's just going to be mostly self contained weekly adventures I guess that are just sort of loosely connected more than it being one continuous thing. Not really anything wrong with that but it is a little bit disappointing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This was probably my least favorite episode, which hurts me to say because it was Filoni's.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Holy shit...

Umm.. apparently that was Boba Fett in the end credit stinger.

Also episode was decent, but boo at Ming Na being just a cameo pretty much.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i liked it alright. fan service callbacks are jacked as usual, but the story was fine even if it felt very ABC network.

Cybsled

Regarding the mystery boots

The theory about that being Boba Fett makes solid sense. Gives a reason to be on that planet and sets up a good antagonist/rival. Plus it undoes the stupid ass Sarlac "death" lol.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to lose interest after this last episode. Seems like nothing has been going on since the shoot out with the guild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'm starting to lose interest after this last episode. Seems like nothing has been going on since the shoot out with the guild.

I seriously don't know what they were thinking with these 30 minute episodes, they have zero time to flesh things out

gak

<Gold Donor>
I'm beginning to think they're crippling these on purpose so no one thinks what might have been with the new movies.

When they were in the desert and 80's style action sitcom music started playing my eyes rolled into my brain.

s.gif

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have faith that Filoni knew exactly what he was doing, but we won't fully realize it for awhile.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
Jesus Christ, the acting of the waitress last episode and the hangar lady this week is some fucking Holiday Special tier bullshit. It takes me right out of the show. All it needs is Bea Arthur bursting into song.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Jesus Christ, the acting of the waitress last episode and the hangar lady this week is some fucking Holiday Special tier bullshit. It takes me right out of the show. All it needs is Bea Arthur bursting into song.

I mean the "hanger lady" was Amy Sedaris. You kind of assume she will be kinda goofy in her role.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
with brian posehn, amy sedaris, and the other comedian actors showing up, i think it's basically a given that patton oswalt is going to show up as some imperial bureaucrat at some point

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Maul

Dental Dammer
The hanger woman especially, jesus christ that was fucking awful, not sure you could have cast a worse actress if you tried.

• 1Salty

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except if their aging process is slowed by a factor of 10, that makes Yoda about 90 when he died and LBY would be around 5.
Imagine it took your children two hundred years to grow up and leave your house.

Yeah, species extinct within one generation. No one would have kids.

• 1Solidarity

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
That episode was BAD. Slow, pointless, stupid. Made Mando look even more inept. The only thing I liked was the meaningless violence and the stormtrooper heads on pikes. ("I wanted to look up into their lifeless eyes and wave, like this.") Wow-- is this show going anywhere? If self-contained episodes are the thing, can we pleae make them awesome (a la "Twilight Zone" / "Star Trek" / "Quantum Leap?") Is Fabreau going for some Nihilist vibe?

It was plodding and dumb.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Show is losing it's gas quickly. Blew their wad on the first 2 episodes. Hope it picks back up; had relatively high hopes for this to be a solid series all-around.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well even in Empire you had Yoda digging around and playing with Luke's stuff. Not saying he isn't young just maybe not like a toddler.

Eh? That was an act because Yoda had not revealed himself to Luke, in fact that was one of his first lessons to Luke

spronk

FPS noob
it is weird how mando has turned from a badass in episode 1 to a dude who literally just runs into bullets and "is he retarded?" kinda guy over the span of the show. It'd be kinda funny if they dig harder into it, and when he finally takes off its helmet they have CGI'd Pedro Pascal to have Downs

its enjoyable to watch with kids just to see the parts they are into but yeah its definitely gone from "whoah this is so cool" to "welp... the kids like it, and there are some fanboi moments for adults" low-tier pixar kinda movie.

If this is the absolute best they can do its gonna be uh interesting to see what they do with the other planned shows, I think the one with the guy from Rogue One (who dies?) and of course Obi-Wan "they call me Ben" Kenobi

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is becoming like another Hercules: The Legendary Journeys type of show.

• 2Like