The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob

there's also a pretty cool looking black series action figure, its on disney but also on amazon but currently OOS

theres also some insane high end toys, $250-300 each lol

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Reading a bit more it sounds like this is bigger than just expanding the show. Apparently Pedro Pascal walked off or was told to leave the set like halfway through the season. Apparently there was a blow up with him and some Exec on the show.

Well, we've seen his face like twice on the show, I think? It's not like they can't easily replace him without skipping a beat. What are we going to do, bitch that mando doesn't walk the same anymore?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It wasn't even his body most of the time. The melee stunt guy and the marksman stunt guy were in the suit far more frequently than he was.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ugh. The Jedi haven't been gone long enough for anyone to forget about them, let alone the fucking Mandalorians. Jesus Christ.

Cybsled

Lol love that scene where Baby Yoda is like “ah shit bout to go down” and hides

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
ugh. The Jedi haven't been gone long enough for anyone to forget about them, let alone the fucking Mandalorians. Jesus Christ.

Don't know the official lore, but I imagine the Empire cracked down on all mention of them, purged history books etc

" “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” "

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The glaxy is so huge in star wars that literally planets have little to noknowledge of the outside world. IF there wasnt a Jedi walking past you, you may never know they existed. You were too busy trying not to die while farming moisture

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're talking about Mandalorians. Their planet was turned into an uninhabitable desert because they went to war with the Jedi Order. The single most significant Mandalorian artifact IS A FUCKING LIGHTSABER.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm not entirely surprised on his stance/opinion given that he is a Chilean refugee and his parents were granted political asylum for being in the opposition of a military dictatorship. I get what you're saying, but I'd guess it has more to do with being raised in a family that "fought oppression" and such. I'd be more weirded out if he was pro-blue and whatever rhetoric that is opposite to blm/sjw/woke type shit. Either way, doesn't effect my watching experience and could care less about their personality outside the roles they play. I'm never going to have a conversation with them, /shrug

to your point, he was rescued from murder by a dictator to live a life in the modern western world where he makes milions to play pretend, and still finds a way to be a victim. He can get fucked and maybe the Mountain can smash his skull

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
His education has come solely from these people who are in exile. Its entirely possible that, despite his parents being killed in the Clone Wars it looks like, they never made mention of the Jedi as part of his upbringing as a foundling. Its clear he has no idea what the fuck the force is and no one seems inclined to clue him in.

All of this would have been much easier if there was a much larger gap in time between RotS and ANH. If Padme and the twins had been put in suspended animation for 50 years or so and she was revived and gave birth but died from the strain on her system or something. Then you would have a big enough gap for the lack of Jedi knowledge to be more believable

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
His education has come solely from these people who are in exile. Its entirely possible that, despite his parents being killed in the Clone Wars it looks like, they never made mention of the Jedi as part of his upbringing as a foundling. Its clear he has no idea what the fuck the force is and no one seems inclined to clue him in.
Outside of the Core Republic Worlds the Jedi were just myth/legends. The Outer Rim planets probably never had seen or heard of Jedi. There were supposedly 10k Jedi at the beginning of the Clone Wars. That includes padawans and all the administrative Jedi that never left the temples and shit. Then you get into the fact that Jedi were scrubbed from history once the Empire came to being. They were actively destroying all Jedi temples and shit would also help to kill off their history.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And I would have no objection to people not knowing about the Jedi if it was literally anyone other than Mandalorians. Since it's Mandalorians you have to do mental gymnastics about them being some kind of ignorant diaspora to justify it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
And I would have no objection to people not knowing about the Jedi if it was literally anyone other than Mandalorians. Since it's Mandalorians you have to do mental gymnastics about them being some kind of ignorant diaspora to justify it.

I mean the Madalorian/Jedi war was like 4000 years before the battle of Yavin. Tarre Vizla was like a 1000 years BBY. For me I think of it as this. Din Djarin was part of a decimated order of Mandalorians that have gone into hiding and trying to rebuild. The Jedi are gone, so why would he have been taught about them? The Armorer chick definitely should have called them Jedi, and not sorcerers, cuz she was canonized to be part of the group that finds Ahsoka and goes after Darth Maul. At this point I am actually even wondering if Din Djarin will recognize the Darksaber. Although he was saved by Death Watch Mando's he was considered clanless during season 1, which probably means that Clan Vizla was pretty much wiped out. I am going to assume that the Empire also scrubbed a lot of Mandalorian history the same way they did the Jedi.

Think of it this way.. There are Americans that don't know what 9/11 was.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Lol love that scene where Baby Yoda is like “ah shit bout to go down” and hides
0Dq0cE8.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users