The Mandalorian

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well on one hand, you can't make everyone happy. understanding that can take the edge off a lot of... poor criticism. but criticism as a whole is incredibly valuable. if people didn't criticize special effects, would there have been the drive to make it better? i mean the mummy gets shit on ALL THE TIME for how terrible the rock is, but there's actually a lot you can learn about WHY it didn't work.

the issue that i think most people have with luke's reveal was the mouth. the mouth didn't look right, it didn't move right, it made it feel very weird and.... synthetic. there are other issues, weird blurred shading behind his head/hair that didn't quite blend into the background quite right... these are the things that you criticize so then next time it's done, they get better.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
the issue that i think most people have with luke's reveal was the mouth. the mouth didn't look right, it didn't move right, it made it feel very weird and.... synthetic. there are other issues, weird blurred shading behind his head/hair that didn't quite blend into the background quite right... these are the things that you criticize so then next time it's done, they get better.
And right there is my argument why you never show his face at all.

Look at the amount of detail you are paying attention to when it comes to the CGI. We are down to multiple people across many platforms running multiple deepfakes trying to show how much better they can animate the orbicularis oris muscles on a dude that literally does not exist anymore in that way.

Just don't show that shit and let the nerds NerdSplain to all their normie friends about how that was TOTALLY Luke and here is the 10 point list of why. Most of you guys would get a kick out of that.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
don't remember if I came across this here (sorry if repost) or if I stumbled across it on YouTube, but holy fuck check this guy's channel out:

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
gina's fat ass really put me off. watching her waddle her way into battle was sad. loved boba fett making a return though.
tumblr_mvtvkggnlm1r81fefo6_400.gif

• 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic

Nysus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Keep in mind they were trying to keep Luke under wraps so that might have limited the options they had available. Now that it's known I expect we'll see a better rendition now that their hands aren't tied.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or they are one and the same.
how many TV series have been based on a character that has never uttered a word?
Lassie and ? i dont think Flipper counts as i'm pretty sure that dolphin is cursing everyone out in his own language.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are also rumors there is going to be a Frog Lady spinoff series.

• 1I Came
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I heard Bill Burr's character fell through a world between worlds portal, ended up on 21st century Earth and he's getting a series.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
how many TV series have been based on a character that has never uttered a word?
Lassie and ? i dont think Flipper counts as i'm pretty sure that dolphin is cursing everyone out in his own language.
Didn't the dolphin speak in Seaquest?

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i never saw that show. but Flipper was a crappy show from the 60s. it would come on in the afternoon after school, that and Gentle Ben. oh yeah, Gentle Ben didnt talk either.
Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning. I'm glad it's dead by now. Hated that show for some reason and can't even remember a single episode. Just that stupid theme song.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning. I'm glad it's dead by now. Hated that show for some reason and can't even remember a single episode. Just that stupid theme song.
i was already mad that they took off something cool like Batman or The Munsters to play those horrible Flipper episodes. the Flipper theme song would just anger me to no end. i did watch a few episodes, it was fuckin stupid, i think it was like that Night Boat joke from the Simpsons. he is only useful near water stuff. otherwise they could process him into a can of tuna and nobody would care. fuck dolphins and their rape culture.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if this was brought up but are Dark Troopers programmed to detect force sensitive beings? In the finale they were banging on the blast door but they stopped when Luke flew into the bay and turned their attention to him.