The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

after last week, was sorta hyped then ended up fast forwarding through 80% of the show.

1678938376746.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you jigs are crazy, this was more bullshit, 10 minutes of Mando and then 40 minutes this pointless story about a cuck falling for a bulldyke who obviously had no interest in him, he tossed everything away for some graham crackers. all this, just so they could set up the "it's a trap" meme. bring back Gina.
Animated GIF

Episode was amazing. This is basically feeling like mANDORlorian the presequel of the sequel and they're killing it. Strongest start to a Mando season so far.

Aldo I'll take Starbuck over Gina what's her face any day.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Animated GIF

Episode was amazing. This is basically feeling like mANDORlorian the presequel of the sequel and they're killing it. Strongest start to a Mando season so far.

Aldo I'll take Starbuck over Gina what's her face any day.
You probably learned more about Coruscant and the New Republic in this episode than in all the movies.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What I learned about Coruscant is that it has fucking terrible CGI. This shit is last decade. Get out of here. Yet it looked so good in andor.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Interesting episode. Not the best but it set up a ton of stuff. Dyke chick as a Gideon/Thrawn plant, background information about the demilitarization of the New Republic, Bo-Katan mentioning Imperial Warlords having her on their shit list. All of these things are likely a buildup to a united Imperial Remnant and, further down the line, the First Order. Then you got the stuff with Bo-Katan joining the coven, that's the one thing I'm really most unsure about what direction it's gonna go.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm guessing its actually thrawn now pulling the strings and mind wiping the guy so he can't talk about the work he did for gideon. I thought we were actually gonna get a glimpse of Thrawn near the end of the episode.

it was definitely an interesting episode, like some of the TLOU episodes it felt like a complete zig in how the show has been done so far, reminded me of Boba Fett in how suddenly the show got taken over by a side character for some world building that wasn't really... necessary? 40 mins devoted to showing a slice of life on Coruscant to advance the plot of "Dr. Pershing knows a lot of secret shit, Dr. Pershings mind is wiped". I actually enjoyed it as someone who has seen all of Clone Wars and Rebels but if you didn't watch those things, which I assume most of the audience hasn't, its gotta feel like a lot of pointless filler. Interesting choices but very Filoni driven.

I think at this point you either are trying to make Mandalorian something its not, or you are enjoying the show. At the end of season 2 the show could have been a more adult Western themed show about a bounty hunter and cultist in a Star Wars world by letting Grogu go. The show hard pivoted AWAY from that back into Lone Wolf and Cub territory, and its firmly now a kids show that adults can enjoy, and the more you are into the Filoni verse the more you will like it. It is definitely working hard to rehabilitate the prequel and sequel movies, and you can start seeing the bones of a connected universe buildup between Ahsoka, Thrawn, clones, Snoke, Rebels, Mandalore, Palpatine, and The First Order.

Andor definitely did Coruscant better though, but this version feels more like a kids show or out of an animated show whereas Andor feels more adult and clinical.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We tried to watch this weeks episode last night and the episode would start and run for 3 seconds and then pause. Eventually it would go to a black screen with the Disney log in the center. Anyone else experience this at any point? Figured we would try again tonight or just cancel disney and bootleg it if its a reoccurring problem.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's also really fucky that last week's Mando was only 36 minutes and this week's was 56 minutes. It's like they lopped off ten minutes from ep2 with all the repetitive tunnel walking and stuck it in ep3 in a desperate attempt to hold the audience's attention while cuck and bulldyke farted around and ultimately nothing at all happened.

I guess this is what you get when you sacrifice two episodes of your third season to be inserted into an entirely different show in an equally desperate attempt to hold the audience's attention. I fucking bet this week's ratings weren't 1.6 million viewers. Fucking boring as fuck.

• 1Edgelord

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't really get why you keep saying nothing happened. Many things happened, on top of a bunch of world building on things that have been around for decades but we've never been shown.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really get why you keep saying nothing happened. Many things happened, on top of a bunch of world building on things that have been around for decades but we've never been shown.

I just think Chuk has a very specific view of what a woman should be and anything beyond that makes him very uncomfortable.

I think the actress in question was excellent, for the entire episode I wasn't certain what outcome we were going to get with her. I'm still uncertain if she's essentially wiped his mind from thoughts of helping the New Republic and just returning him to a malleable genius scientist that Thrawn can use.

I fully expect her to rescue Gideon only to take him to Thrawn so he can have him killed for his failures.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
It's also really fucky that last week's Mando was only 36 minutes and this week's was 56 minutes. It's like they lopped off ten minutes from ep2 with all the repetitive tunnel walking and stuck it in ep3 in a desperate attempt to hold the audience's attention while cuck and bulldyke farted around and ultimately nothing at all happened.

I guess this is what you get when you sacrifice two episodes of your third season to be inserted into an entirely different show in an equally desperate attempt to hold the audience's attention. I fucking bet this week's ratings weren't 1.6 million viewers. Fucking boring as fuck.

Don't take SambaTV stats at face value. They make good headlines but they are a very incomplete view of views. I remember when HoTD came out, Samba said it didnt do very well, meanwhile when HBO finally released it all it was a really big hit.

Samba TV only reports viewership from actual TV sets. The numbers don't account mobile devices or Roku/Firesticks/Consoles/Laptops/Desktops which is where a LARGE number of viewership comes from. For example even if I opted in (I wouldn't) on a TV Samba collects from (which I dont have), I use an Apple TV 4K so I wouldn't count.

At best what you can do is compare it to other releases to see how popular it is. So them saying its right in line with Book of Boba Fett, but lower then Obi Wan. I can believe that. Its not 1.6 million people everywhere watched it, its 1.6 million people that they collect data on watched it.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just think Chuk has a very specific view of what a woman should be and anything beyond that makes him very uncomfortable.

I think the actress in question was excellent, for the entire episode I wasn't certain what outcome we were going to get with her. I'm still uncertain if she's essentially wiped his mind from thoughts of helping the New Republic and just returning him to a malleable genius scientist that Thrawn can use.

I fully expect her to rescue Gideon only to take him to Thrawn so he can have him killed for his failures.
Pretty sure she fried him so he doesn't let slip that he was trying to make force sensitive clones. They are kind of doing a live action retelling of the Heir to the Empire book trilogy. Instead of Thrawn trying to clone Luke, he was apparently trying to clone Grogu/use him to make force sensitive soldiers. This will all tie into the stuff with the Emperor. All the ships that came after Bo-Katan on her homeworld were definitely part of Thrawn's 7th Fleet. I am really surprised they didn't show the Star Destroyer that the TIE's came from.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It is definitely working hard to rehabilitate the prequel and sequel movies, and you can start seeing the bones of a connected universe buildup between Ahsoka, Thrawn, clones, Snoke, Rebels, Mandalore, Palpatine, and The First Order.
They should just retcon the entire sequel movies and roll their own Mandoverse.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes, my idea of women look like women and not Leonardo De Crapio from his early films.
this is yours no doubt.
iu

the world was built 24 years ago, it was boring as fuck then and boring as fuck now. this felt like some faggot shill for a future Galaxy's Edge ride at Disney. glowing ice cream bars while everyone wants to touch the mountain. GTFO with that bullshit. the Mando stuff was star wars even though they hijacked that from the last episode.
Don't take SambaTV stats at face value. They make good headlines but they are a very incomplete view of views. I remember when HoTD came out, Samba said it didnt do very well, meanwhile when HBO finally released it all it was a really big hit.

Samba TV only reports viewership from actual TV sets. The numbers don't account mobile devices or Roku/Firesticks/Consoles/Laptops/Desktops which is where a LARGE number of viewership comes from. For example even if I opted in (I wouldn't) on a TV Samba collects from (which I dont have), I use an Apple TV 4K so I wouldn't count.

At best what you can do is compare it to other releases to see how popular it is. So them saying its right in line with Book of Boba Fett, but lower then Obi Wan. I can believe that. Its not 1.6 million people everywhere watched it, its 1.6 million people that they collect data on watched it.
its stilll a capture and the same capture taken the same way from previous episodes/seasons/shows will bear that less people, not perhaps the exact number, but less people are watching this show than before. which is understandable since this franchise is fucking dead. they killed all goodwill when they fired Gina and started putting bulldykes in their female roles. note, i am not referring to Bo Katan, she's still a woman even when she's in a tin can, trying to outsmart Mando so she can steal his mojo.

• 1Salty
  • 1Edgelord

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They should just retcon the entire sequel movies and roll their own Mandoverse.
That's the one thing I dislike most about where this series is going, they're trying incorporate everything else in to legitimize it or something. I like mando for being mando. The less bullshit interfering with that the better.

I get that they're setting things up, but there was just a lot about this episode that I didn't like. Bad CGI, lines delivered really poorly, some stupid side story that wasn't interesting. Mando essentially being a retarded damsel in distress the past two episodes. This is not the way.

• 1Like

j00t

yes, my idea of women look like women and not Leonardo De Crapio from his early films.
this is yours no doubt.
iu

the world was built 24 years ago, it was boring as fuck then and boring as fuck now. this felt like some faggot shill for a future Galaxy's Edge ride at Disney. glowing ice cream bars while everyone wants to touch the mountain. GTFO with that bullshit. the Mando stuff was star wars even though they hijacked that from the last episode.

its stilll a capture and the same capture taken the same way from previous episodes/seasons/shows will bear that less people, not perhaps the exact number, but less people are watching this show than before. which is understandable since this franchise is fucking dead. they killed all goodwill when they fired Gina and started putting bulldykes in their female roles. note, i am not referring to Bo Katan, she's still a woman even when she's in a tin can, trying to outsmart Mando so she can steal his mojo.
Have you tried not watching it? Star trek discovery upset me so I just stopped watching it, voila, I'm no longer upset!

Or are you one of those people who feels like everything needs to be specially catered to them, and them alone?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have you tried not watching it? Star trek discovery upset me so I just stopped watching it, voila, I'm no longer upset!

Or are you one of those people who feels like everything needs to be specially catered to them, and them alone?
Star Trek has been dead since the 90s, Star Wars has a specific feel or theme to it, which is why the dumb political shit in Coruscant in the prequels felt off. everything clean and shiny while real Star Wars is gritty and grim.

j00t

Star Trek has been dead since the 90s, Star Wars has a specific feel or theme to it, which is why the dumb political shit in Coruscant in the prequels felt off. everything clean and shiny while real Star Wars is gritty and grim.
that doesn't really have anything to do with what i said, though. everyone else seems to be really enjoying mando. you're reasonings for not liking it sound absurd, but maybe you're just struggling to identify what you're not liking about it so you make up ridiculous nonsense about bulldykes. you seem to be the only one who even remotely cares what she looks like. as far as everyone else goes she very successfully pulled off her role.

it's okay to just move on, man.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't mind side stories, but that was too long of a side story. I could go with that if they broke it up into pieces and spread it out over a few episodes, but doing a big bulky injection into the middle of a Mando adventure is pretty annoying.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Regard Bo-Katan, I think she will leverage the mythosaur to try to gain power over the group. Since they are ultra traditional, she could easily use that to cement a place of power

• 2Like