The Marvels (2023)

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I haven't seen reviews on the forum really blasting the movie. From those that have seen it, is it worse than Thor 4, or Ant Man?
Put it this way. It's not worth a movie ticket, it's not worth a digital or hard copy purchase. It's not worth the price to rent and it's not worth a subscription but if you already happen to have Disney+, just wait for that. Either way, you'll be disappointed.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
a real question is anything outside the Spider-Man movie in phase 4 worth wasting two hours on a random Friday night at home.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
a real question is anything outside the Spider-Man movie in phase 4 worth wasting two hours on a random Friday night at home.
baby-duck-no-q407yole3edgmoxk.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is spiderman even part of those ? Since it's under Sony its it does it fall into that category. Phase 4/5 have been dogshit for the most part
Yes, with the deal made between Marvel and Sony to bring Spidey into the MCU it's considered part of Phase 4 and literally the only movie worth watching in the phase. Phase 4 mainly focuses on the TV shows more than the supposed "Block Busters". Phase 5 has no Avenger movies and focues on combining the TV shows to the silver screen and Phase 6 will be the new Avengers movie and Deadpool 3. So, basically, have to suffer through this drought that was phase 4 and now 5 and hope 6 is worth a shit.

I think DP3 is going to be the only movie worth seeing in P6. Maybe... Big maybe... Daredevil: Reborn.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is spiderman even part of those ? Since it's under Sony its it does it fall into that category. Phase 4/5 have been dogshit for the most part

It should. Dr Strange playing a big role and it being all about multiverse shenanigans has it fit more into the mcu than a lot of the other garbage they've been shitting out

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thus the "big maybe".
They got the same actors as Netflix, they should hire the writers and directors as well. I don't think they can afford to be woke anymore at this point, so go full into making good shit again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Guardians 3 was "okay". It was good enough, but not anywhere near the quality of 1 & 2. And it got morbid with CGI animal torture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney and Marvel have already lost billions this year and they're still announcing woke projects. this isnt ending as much as logic would tell them that they are in deep shit. they dont care because it isnt their money. when Disney tanks, they will just swarm somewhere else to infest.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The thing is wokeness and bad scripts aside, the multiverse just isn’t really that interesting a concept as the infinity stones were. The thing with the stones is that it is simple concept to understand. They are individually powerful and together allow you do potentially anything, therefore a bad guy trying to get them all is bad…simple. The motivation for someone trying to get them is easy to understand, and it’s easy to understand why it needs to be stopped.

The multiverse isn’t like that, there’s nothing inherently bad about it. It’s just there. You need to create stories that focus on a bad guy trying to somehow exploit it, but he’s a bad guy trying to do evil thing and how the multiverse relates is just a mess.

The other thing was that older movies had a self contained story that had an element that connected it to the rest of the MCU, mostly one infinity stone. The multiverse is central to this phase, the movies aren’t really self contained with something connecting them to the rest of the MCU. The multiverse is central to each movies and more often than not it’s just a bigger concept than some of the heroes are designed for. Ant-Man is at its best with a small relateable story about family and trying to do right by them. Not intergalactic, space, multiverse type of stories.

Just my take, I think even without being woke this phase was doomed to fail for relying way too much on a concept that’s hard to grasp, and had way too much interaction between each movie and tv shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mandriana

They got the same actors as Netflix, they should hire the writers and directors as well. I don't think they can afford to be woke anymore at this point, so go full into making good shit again.
Too late. She Hulk turned DD into a soy boy faggot.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The thing is wokeness and bad scripts aside, the multiverse just isn’t really that interesting a concept as the infinity stones were. The thing with the stones is that it is simple concept to understand. They are individually powerful and together allow you do potentially anything, therefore a bad guy trying to get them all is bad…simple. The motivation for someone trying to get them is easy to understand, and it’s easy to understand why it needs to be stopped.

The multiverse isn’t like that, there’s nothing inherently bad about it. It’s just there. You need to create stories that focus on a bad guy trying to somehow exploit it, but he’s a bad guy trying to do evil thing and how the multiverse relates is just a mess.

The other thing was that older movies had a self contained story that had an element that connected it to the rest of the MCU, mostly one infinity stone. The multiverse is central to this phase, the movies aren’t really self contained with something connecting them to the rest of the MCU. The multiverse is central to each movies and more often than not it’s just a bigger concept than some of the heroes are designed for. Ant-Man is at its best with a small relateable story about family and trying to do right by them. Not intergalactic, space, multiverse type of stories.

Just my take, I think even without being woke this phase was doomed to fail for relying way too much on a concept that’s hard to grasp, and had way too much interaction between each movie and tv shows.
The big problem with the multiverse is that it allows lazy writers and studios to bring back dead characters. Oh look! Iron Man 783 is the same as Iron Man 903 but slightly different! Tony Stark 842 is the same as Tony Stark 324 but slightly different! Iron Man 842 died defeating Thanos, but we have Iron Man 912 to replace him!

I knew they were going to bring back RDJ when they realized (a few years after everyone else did) that they have no one to carry the MCU movies. Cynical and dumb, and completely nullifies all the shit they did before and pretty much invalidates Endgame. Tony Stark 298 died, but we have Tony Stark 320 to replace him! Brilliant!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The big problem with the multiverse is that it allows lazy writers and studios to bring back dead characters. Oh look! Iron Man 783 is the same as Iron Man 903 but slightly different! Tony Stark 842 is the same as Tony Stark 324 but slightly different! Iron Man 842 died defeating Thanos, but we have Iron Man 912 to replace him!

I knew they were going to bring back RDJ when they realized (a few years after everyone else did) that they have no one to carry the MCU movies. Cynical and dumb, and completely nullifies all the shit they did before and pretty much invalidates Endgame. Tony Stark 298 died, but we have Tony Stark 320 to replace him! Brilliant!
They took all the stakes out of these movies. It hurt to see Natasha sacrifice herself, but she wanted to protect her boys. But now they bring her back and it's all wrong. What about Florence Pugh? Is she supposed to just fuck off now?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Kind of the problem when they first introduced the whole thing in that first season of Loki.

So Kang is the "villain" and he culled a bunch of the multiverse, right? It was already done, and with it we had...the world as we knew it. Which...also wasn't so bad?

So they started off with a concept basically that the villain didn't even do anything we should give a shit about.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, it's not like actual comic books don't constantly resurrect their characters in increasingly more convoluted ways.