The Matrix (1999)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't have to. It IS a lie, and we are expressly told so in 2 and 3. The whole 6 cycles of Zion/The One. And Morpheus is shown to be wrong, and his prophecy/etc is outright stated to be made up by the Oracle and Architect.

Part of this is then of course, just when we are told this. its in 2 and 3. so the first one by itself, stands as having some plot holes. We never find out the whole truth. but we do find out Morpheus has no idea what he's talking about.
What do you mean by the 6 cycles of Zion/The One and the prophecy being a lie?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah! Why didn't they make a massive solar panel that covered the entire surface area of the Earth to soak up all that sunlight that was coming through THE SKY THAT WAS BLACKENED AND DIDN'T ALLOW SUNLIGHT TO HIT THE EARTH ANY MORE.
If they are as technically advanced as they seem they could build the panels on structures above the blackened sky. Or just like in transmetrapolitan Cover other planets/the moon with panels and bring the energy down.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
The machines could've been colonizing jupiter if they'd took all that time and effort building a whole ecosystem for human batteries and spent it on refining 50-year-old nuclear RTG technology.

But since they didn't the writers could've dropped a couple lines about how the original machine AI's were evolved from systems designed to take care and satisfy humans. Kinda like the runaway AI of apaperclip apocalypse scenario, but instead of paperclips the original AI would've been designed to maximise entertainment and safety systems so they just kept ppl in the matrix.

That would've fit right into the wachbro's buddhist themes and they wouldn't have had to change much of the rest of the story.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/an...ly-1201725853/
lilly-washowski.jpg

Now i understand why all movies after The Matrix sucked, they were more concerned about sex change than making good movies.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If preop Brianna Wu connected to The Matrix, would his digital self projection be of a woman?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They already addressed that in Matrix 1, with Switch being a girl in the real world, but taking on much more manly/butch persona while jacked into the Matrix.

Switch - The Matrix Wiki - Wikia
In the original script of the Matrix film, Switch changed genders upon entering the Matrix, which coined their name, Switch. This may be a reflection of Lilly and Lana Wachowski's struggles with their gender identity, which were unknown to the public at the time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Now they can blame misogyny when their next film gets trashed for sucking.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Sooooo....does this mean that the Red Pill people have to change their name now?
biggrin.png
So, I'm no Red Piller, but wtf does being trans have to do with Red Pill? Red Pillers don't give a fuck about transsexuals unless I've heard wrong.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I'm no Red Piller, but wtf does being trans have to do with Red Pill? Red Pillers don't give a fuck about transsexuals unless I've heard wrong.
It's just Itzena being a dumbfuck. By which I mean posting.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's one way to go about making changes in Hollywood for the gender equality cause.
smile.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Men's Rights activists taking their name from a film made by two women is pretty funny.
Gender swapping to female is the ultimate MRA finisher. When you can't beat your enemy, become your enemy. In a way, the Wachoskis are the Quings of red pill.