The Matrix (1999)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Only good thing they've made was Sense8 which was fucking phenomenal. Everything in between has been utter garbage.

Phenomenal and Sense8 are not two words I would use in the same sentence. Phenomenally gross and and a cluster-fuck if a plot maybe, but to each their own.

These older movies being put on 4k are really hit or miss. The majority of them I barely notice any difference from their blu ray...strictly speaking picture quality (and this is on a higher end setup w/ 150 inch screen.) That said...this will be a must buy still, regardless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Agreed that Sense8 is a to each their own. I loved every second of it. My wife? Not so much. But then she enjoyed (but didn't actually understand) Cloud Atlas.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
That movie was visually stunning for it's time, it had it's cheesy moments but I really enjoy that film.

The final race scene is like a cinematic orgasm. Gets me in the feels every.single.time.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
The Matrix will be returning to select theaters March 24th and March 27th for its twentieth anniversary

ffffuck i'm old

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
20th Anniversary...what? but....huh??? Shit......./em Hobbles away mumbling something about aging to fast....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont even want to know what Trinity must look like today. she was hawt back then.

ok i looked, well she aint hawt, but it could be worse
MV5BZGYzYTRlZGQtNThmMC00ZjNiLWEzY2UtNzEwMjJlMTY2ZDExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExMTIzMjU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1561,1000_AL_.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's definitely not bad for 51. But yeah, very much has as soccer mom look to her these days.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
honestly, if i saw her next to me in a supermarket i wouldnt recognize her. she looks like your average suburban mom of young adults.

To be honest, even during the Matrix, she was beautiful, but not like a goddess. She was like someone you could see at the supermarket and just think "wow she's pretty" and then move on with life.

I think when she was on the show Chuck, she (and Linda Hamilton) had a few extra pounds around the hips, so they wore a lot of black, with dark backgrounds on the sets to hide it.

Fadaar

That guy
I always thought of her as the not as good looking, smaller tittied version of Jennifer Connelly. Both have actually aged pretty well, would smash. Also I think The Matrix might have been the first rated R movie I saw in theaters, and TBH I don't know why it was rated R except for all the gun use/violence and its release proximity to Columbine. The language in it wasn't bad at all and there's very little in terms of gore and no nudity. Except maybe for Neo's ass? Can't remember.

Edit: Nevermind, Columbine happened afterward now that I checked

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always thought of her as the not as good looking, smaller tittied version of Jennifer Connelly. Both have actually aged pretty well, would smash. Also I think The Matrix might have been the first rated R movie I saw in theaters, and TBH I don't know why it was rated R except for all the gun use/violence and its release proximity to Columbine. The language in it wasn't bad at all and there's very little in terms of gore and no nudity. Except maybe for Neo's ass? Can't remember.

Edit: Nevermind, Columbine happened afterward now that I checked
man, you just made me feel very old. the first R rated movie i saw in the theater was Friday The 13th 3 in 3d. they gave you 3d glasses with this little drawing on em.
2853609775_e0423de377_b.jpg