The Matrix (1999)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
First rated R movie I can remember watching was Robo Cop; I think I was like.. 6? My dad was surprisingly cool for an 80s dad.

Matrix is the first movie where I got carded ( I was 16 at the time, I think) and the manager went "Ah he's old enough" and let me in with a couple of other like-aged friends. 90's America may have been best America.
i was in my 20s during the 90s, but 80s america was pretty awesome too to be a kid. back then you could buy beer at 15 because if you had a mustache and "looked old enough" you got whatever as long as you had the green. we could smoke in school, nobody said a damn thing when the students were chilling out with the teachers in the smoking lounge, yeah remember a smoking lounge in your 90s HS? parties, we had parties all the time, we had them in the woods or the park. cops sometimes bothered you and told you to go home, but they didnt take our beer or run is in. nobody worried about catching anything by having wild sex. no drugs cept a few kids who had a joint. i could get nudie magazines at 13. it was a wild time and its probably why my generation grew up to be such assholes with their kids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
First r I saw alone was ....Conan the Barbarian. With Arnold not that new crap.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Ha, I've got a good one.

I had to check, I saw Mad Max 2 ( the Road warrior ) at the cinema, I would have been 11 back then. I can't remember who I went with, or how I got in, but yeah I saw it.

I wasn't with my older brother as I can remember he had seen the film before I had, he said that the film was non-stop, if there's one opportunity for a toilet trip it's when the helicopter guy is trying to get the blond girl to leave with him.

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Alien for me, I was 5. It may or may not have affected my sleeping habits for a few weeks.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty sure my first R rated movie that I remember seeing anyways was Enter the Dragon as a young child with my dad.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My babysitter had us watch some horror movie with people getting killed with butcher knives and some kid getting locked in a fridge. I was 6 or 7. Vet your babysitters!

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Robocop 2 was first R i saw in theater when I was 6 or 7. My dad was awesome.

I watched tons of R shit on HBO, Cinimax and showtime before that. 4th born kid and all, 9, 7 and 4 years younger than my siblings. So needless to say 5 year old me was watching the same shit as the 14 year old.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
90's America may have been best America.

Fuck yeah it was. Of course I'm biased because that late-90's time frame coincides with me leaving home and finally getting out of my shell, but whatever.

Of course you know in 20 years today's Gen Z little shits are going to look at today's stuff and think of it the good ol' days too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

Mine too.

My Dad watched it with me and my sister one night at home. He tried to cover my eyes at only one part: at the end when Ripley has saved Newt, torched the eggs, and is now getting into the elevator to meet Bishop up top. As the Queen is chasing them into the elevator, my Dad reached and covered both our eyes but I could still see through his fingers. It never made sense to me, why that part? I think I was 7 or 8? The entire movie served as quality nightmare fuel for a solid year after that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Mine too.

My Dad watched it with me and my sister one night at home. He tried to cover my eyes at only one part: at the end when Ripley has saved Newt, torched the eggs, and is now getting into the elevator to meet Bishop up top. As the Queen is chasing them into the elevator, my Dad reached and covered both our eyes but I could still see through his fingers. It never made sense to me, why that part? I think I was 7 or 8? The entire movie served as quality nightmare fuel for a solid year after that.
thats like the scariest part of the movie, one second Bishop and Ripley are yucking it up, the next second Queen Xenomorph is ripping him in half.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Only time i remember getting eyes covered was radioactive man robocop

look at that bucket of blood they splashed on the windshield, lulz

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
thats like the scariest part of the movie, one second Bishop and Ripley are yucking it up, the next second Queen Xenomorph is ripping him in half.

Nope. It's when they find the first cocooned 'impregnated' woman in the reactor room. "Kill me! Kill me!"

Absolutely horrifying.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nope. It's when they find the first cocooned 'impregnated' woman in the reactor room. "Kill me! Kill me!"

Absolutely horrifying.
cuz she had those first few short breaths like she was being stabbed (which was really alien popping out), with all those crunching sounds, it was pretty good, lemme find

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Absolutely horrifying.
yes, that was horrifying, but it didnt make you shit your pants scream scare. Bishop getting WTFPWNED out of nowhere was that.

Szlia

Man I am trying to figure out which was the first R rated movie I saw in theater, but it's so tough. I am 100% sure I saw Alien 3 (1992) in theater. 100% sure I have not seen Aliens (1986) in theater. I am almost certain I saw Total Recall (1990) in theater, but again I am also pretty sure one of the first films I saw by myself in a theater was Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) so something is not quite right... or was it Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)? Man.... memories are all fucked up.

In the same line of thoughts, I am convinced the first movie I ever saw in theater was The Secret of NIMH (1982), but I also know for sure I saw with my school The Fox & The Hound (1981) in theater..... but that makes very little sense: I would have been in kindergarten in 81... so maybe the movie took a long while to reach Europe, or I saw a special screening or re-release.... who knows.... memories are all fucked up.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man I am trying to figure out which was the first R rated movie I saw in theater, but it's so tough. I am 100% sure I saw Alien 3 (1992) in theater. 100% sure I have not seen Aliens (1986) in theater. I am almost certain I saw Total Recall (1990) in theater, but again I am also pretty sure one of the first films I saw by myself in a theater was Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) so something is not quite right... or was it Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)? Man.... memories are all fucked up.

In the same line of thoughts, I am convinced the first movie I ever saw in theater was The Secret of NIMH (1982), but I also know for sure I saw with my school The Fox & The Hound (1981) in theater..... but that makes very little sense: I would have been in kindergarten in 81... so maybe the movie took a long while to reach Europe, or I saw a special screening or re-release.... who knows.... memories are all fucked up.
first movie i can remember in a theater was transformers 1986, it was some out of the ways theater and it like a handful of other families.

pretty sure i uttered "gay" when some kids cried when Optimus Prime died.