The Matrix (1999)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fraility freaked me the fuck out. I don't know, shit was creepy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Night of the Living Dead (b&w)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Exorcist

All were pretty harsh to watch as a kid. I think NotLD was NR and Body Snatchers PG but still will wreck you when you are little.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On a date,

Fright Night was my first R rated movie. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. My next one was The Fly.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Fright night was awesome... so many fucking good movies from back then, you forget most of them, then bam...i'm going in this thread

i saw that,that,that and that...

movie that first freaked me out... the first Hellraiser.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
First movie I have a memory of seeing is Empire Strikes Back. I can't for the life of me remember my first R movie in a theater, but we had The Movie Channel on subscription so I unfortunately got to view way too many R movies on there for a young kid.

R rated movie that gave me the most nightmares as a little kid: The Boogens

1553292221103.png

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Saw it at an Alamo earlier this year. Can confirm it still holds up over time. The action, the sound and music, everything. You just have to come to grips with the fact they never made any sequels.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like the first one was so good.....

Oh..wait, it was really fucking good. Why are we attempting to remake a Master Piece? Idiots..

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drew Goddard gave us Cabin in the Woods dammit

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea him being in charge makes me a little bit hopeful. You were never getting this made without a Wachowski being a producer in some regard, doesnt mean its doomed could just be an "in name only" one that they do so they can say its from the team that made the first one for marketing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its not possible to remake this movie thats even remotely as good as the original. might as well fucking give it up.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know whats really going on but it's supposed to not about The One or Machines. More thriller/mind fuck and people realizing they are in a sim. That's just rumors though.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know whats really going on but it's supposed to not about The One or Machines. More thriller/mind fuck and people realizing they are in a sim. That's just rumors though.
Animatrix was the only good thing added to the Matrix universe

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Drew Goddard gave us Cabin in the Woods dammit
No, some combination of Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon gave us Cabin in the Woods.

Now, I have a soft spot for Bad Time at the El Royale, Goddard's only other film directing credit (entirely Whedon-free), but your likely lack of memory of that movie suggests a lot of Cabin was Whedon, not Goddard.

That said, Goddard has the track record for "Supposed setting and background is a complete fabrication", but it is also not a concept that hasn't been done to death in other films and TV shows in the last thirty years.