The Matrix (1999)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cloverfield sucked too. Also, anyone who has a Lost writing credit gets a demerit.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Animatrix was the only good thing added to the Matrix universe
ddew33-5c01540c-86d5-4a31-baeb-5fd5c0c4674b.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
1st Matrix was well done but it was just a creative retelling of Alice in Wonderland. It was hardly original, just caught lightning in a bottle with a great cast and for it's time never before seen special effects.

All of the sequels were pretty bad and I don't hold out any hope for them to get any better. Alice in Wonderland has been redone dozens of times, some good, some bad. But none I can think of ever had a sequel worth watching.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I feel like they tried to mock the significance of the Matrix series with Matrix 4.

Since the original Matrix was such a red pill movie for a lot of people, I sonetimes wonder if they intend to try and put the cat back in the bag with future movies by distorting the original theme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like they tried to mock the significance of the Matrix series with Matrix 4.

Since the original Matrix was such a red pill movie for a lot of people, I sonetimes wonder if they intend to try and put the cat back in the bag with future movies by distorting the original theme.

Never saw 4 personally, but I remember cliff notes being posted along these lines after it's release.

Lana Wachowski always hated how redpill was being used and appropriated, and she was in charge of Matrix 4 creative. Even going as far to fire Hugo Weaving from the project in a tantrum, which of course completely ruined the movie.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1st Matrix was well done but it was just a creative retelling of Alice in Wonderland. It was hardly original, just caught lightning in a bottle with a great cast and for it's time never before seen special effects.

All of the sequels were pretty bad and I don't hold out any hope for them to get any better. Alice in Wonderland has been redone dozens of times, some good, some bad. But none I can think of ever had a sequel worth watching.

Look at this pleb tier take

1712430981097.jpeg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I think after they made Bound in 1996, the (at the time) Whachovski Brothers just wanted to make a "neo-noir" dystopian sci-fi flick with John Woo gunfights. I don't really think they were planning anything out of it, and when Matrix hit the jackpot well, unless you're a tibetan monk of course you're gonna take that sweet Hollywood money to create a franchise out of your project.

I also don't think Matrix 2 and 3 are that bad, some combat scenes and editing are top notch and while both writing and production choices are mediocre, they managed to do something interesting (and flawed of course). The Whachovkis expanded that with side productions, some were good, others were bad, it's not a very interesting premise once you pretty much tell everything about it with the first film.

I was in a theater during both Matrix, Matrix 2 and 3 releases and at any point I didn't think about Alice in Wonderland at all. Combat scenes were awesome and I was genuinely engaged to watch the next one. I understand the "but you had to be there" trope is merely an opinion, but being in a theater watching Matrix 2 and the many Agent Smith Vs Neo basketball court scene crushing your "they wouldn't be able to top Matrix combat scenes" immediatly topped with the highway chase scene, was an incredible experience.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think after they made Bound in 1996, the (at the time) Whachovski Brothers just wanted to make a "neo-noir" dystopian sci-fi flick with John Woo gunfights. I don't really think they were planning anything out of it, and when Matrix hit the jackpot well, unless you're a tibetan monk of course you're gonna take that sweet Hollywood money to create a franchise out of your project.

I also don't think Matrix 2 and 3 are that bad, some combat scenes and editing are top notch and while both writing and production choices are mediocre, they managed to do something interesting (and flawed of course). The Whachovkis expanded that with side productions, some were good, others were bad, it's not a very interesting premise once you pretty much tell everything about it with the first film.

I was in a theater during both Matrix, Matrix 2 and 3 releases and at any point I didn't think about Alice in Wonderland at all. Combat scenes were awesome and I was genuinely engaged to watch the next one. I understand the "but you had to be there" trope is merely an opinion, but being in a theater watching Matrix 2 and the many Agent Smith Vs Neo basketball court scene crushing your "they wouldn't be able to top Matrix combat scenes" immediatly topped with the highway chase scene, was an incredible experience.
Well turning into a tranny ain't cheap.

The highway chase was the best part of 2, especially the music. I saw all three in the theater, and I think we went to see the first one opening night, and went again the next week. Two is okay but the third one was a piece of shit, but there were some pretty good laughs.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

that faggot ass tranny only made this movie (4)cuz it was mad at a few tweets

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't be fooled into thinking the Wachowskis had anything to do with The Matrix being good. It's a common story of the first one being good because they were still relative nobodies and didn't have much control over the project. As many people might guess they were already degenerate wannabe dickchoppers even back then as there are claims about both Neo and Switch having been originally planned to have different gendered Matrix avatars from their Zion bodies but the studio squashed the idea.

The indisputable inferiority of the sequels and the sad garbage they've made since demonstrates how little talent the Wachowskis actually had.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't be fooled into thinking the Wachowskis had anything to do with The Matrix being good. It's a common story of the first one being good because they were still relative nobodies and didn't have much control over the project. As many people might guess they were already degenerate wannabe dickchoppers even back then as there are claims about both Neo and Switch having been originally planned to have different gendered Matrix avatars from their Zion bodies but the studio squashed the idea.

The indisputable inferiority of the sequels and the sad garbage they've made since demonstrates how little talent the Wachowskis actually had.
i still think it was just a better version of Dark City, even using the same sets.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike