The Matrix reboot/remake

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So apparently it's just the older brother doing this one? < gender pronoun > writers will be David Mitchell (Cloud Atlas, Black Swan) and some fucking homo.

Idk, this shit is probably gonna be gay as fuck, but I'll be there. The first Matrix will always give me slight hope. Just give me one more lobby scene.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jasker

Yellow Officer Title
Really happy this is #4 and not a remake. Looking forward to seeing the cast back together.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It is fucking crazy reading that article because of flat out reality warping statements like the following.

Reality denying author said:
The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.
“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

No women are credited as writers or directors of the Matrix trilogy and to try and enforce that sort of thought policing into the zeitgeist is angering. They were public people before the transition which means references to them in the past need to be masculine for fucking consistency.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Great Review

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really happy this is #4 and not a remake. Looking forward to seeing the cast back together.
Matrix doesn't need to be touched. A remastering of 2 and 3 would be interesting. Cut out the chaff and update the bad parts and keep the rest.

I don't want a reboot, however, there is plenty of room for spin-offs. and of course, Matrix 4 is beans ready to eat.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want that Will Smith reboot. He talked about an audition to play Neo back in the day.

• 2Dislike
  • 2Barf
  • 1Picard

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The Wachowski’s Set To Return To Direct Michael B. Jordan’s ‘Matrix’ Film – Eyeing Early 2020 Production Start In Chicago (EXCLUSIVE)

234t8c.jpg

source.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Real question: matrix online was supposed to be canon. Does that get retconned for matrix 4?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keanu turned down Speed 2 cause he thought it wouldn't work, so hoping he still asked for the script ideas before deciding.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I have got to assume that Neo and Trinity had their consciousness' uploaded into the Matrix and will serve as guides to the new era of protagonists. That is why it is going to suck.

The only way it could rule is if we find out in 4 that it actually is a Matrix within a Matrix and they are still alive fighting the robots in the actual real world. That retcons the super shitty parts of 2 and 3.

But we all know which one is going to happen.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Keanu turned down Speed 2 cause he thought it wouldn't work, so hoping he still asked for the script ideas before deciding.

You can always go the Return to the Planet of the Apes route where your star shows up at the start and disappears for the entire film only to show up in the final minute to die.

• 1Rustled

Fadaar

That guy
You can always go the Return to the Planet of the Apes route where your star shows up at the start and disappears for the entire film only to show up in the final minute to die.

never go full The Last Jedi

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
#1 was mildly interesting. #2 was barely tolerable. #3 was unwatchable. No chance I'm watching this shit. Plus, it's going to be ridiculously SJW friendly. And the plot is done. And the acting wasn't great.

Other than that, I'm sure it will be awesome.

• 2GreNeg
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Garbage

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Im so looking forward to how completely fucked this movie is gonna be

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
#1 was mildly interesting. #2 was barely tolerable. #3 was unwatchable. No chance I'm watching this shit. Plus, it's going to be ridiculously SJW friendly. And the plot is done. And the acting wasn't great.

Other than that, I'm sure it will be awesome.
seriously? the original matrix was a gamechanger movie. part 2 was just a normal sequel with some extraordinary well done set pieces. 3 was a trainwreck though. no getting around that.

• 1Like