The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Will still watch. But...

aaaaaaa.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Theres probably some fun ways this could be explored.

Like. the real world in the Matrix sucks. Theres lots of discussion on how Cypher was right. Not just the surface "comfortable lie", but in the our entire lives are lies. what we see is filter through eyes, which can be defective, and have limited scopes. ears the same. History even in the real world is written by the victors as they say. propaganda, etc as well.
what DOES steak taste like? What does ambrosia of the gods taste like?

Let the machines reclaim the Earth, while we chill out in the Matrix, seems a very sound option, even if humans and machines are at peace.

But, moreso. Machines can take over human bodies, as per the later movies. and/or the Matrix as a learning tool or vacation spot. Neo had kungfu training injected directly into him.
The matrix then would still have lots of use, even with awoken humans.

one fun idea might be autopiloting. Humans GIVING their bodies to machines to pilot, when they are doing some monotonous task for example. Letting the A.I. program take over, while planting a field of crops for example. the human mind, chilling out in the Matrix skydiving or some shit. and coming back to their body after the jobs done.

now, these scenarios have obvious vectors for how some hostile faction could do bad things. Trapping humans in the matrix again, taking control over their bodies in the real world, etc.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Even better....they roll with the Matrix inside a Matrix plotline. Neo and Trinity were just respooled up in both Matrix's and lost their memories. It is about the only way it would make sense and even be partially enjoyable. Matrix-ception.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really have zero expectations for this after the last 2 films (I still pretend the cannon "ends" after the 1st movie), but it is fuckin' Keanu man..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
you take the red pill and the wachowski's yell at you on twitter

E9YdacAVUAgC-fG

• 17Worf
Reactions: 16 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hes made some bad movies man. Go watch Replicants for a good example.
Johnny Utah and John Wick invalidates all of it.

But he made some fucking grade A "bad movies" - the ones that actually kind of suck, but you can't help love them, like Arnold's or Van Damme's shit.

Chain Reaction is a great example, Speed, 47 Ronin, Street Kings. All great, "bad" movies. Constantine was also fucking great.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yes he did. And I meant replacements as it’s a good reeves movie that is underrated.
Fair enough, he's done a lot of good movies, but he has definitely done his share of shit ones. Including maybe the only movie that Morgan Freeman couldn't even make passable, Chain Reaction!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Johnny Utah and John Wick invalidates all of it.

But he made some fucking grade A "bad movies" - the ones that actually kind of suck, but you can't help love them, like Arnold's or Van Damme's shit.

Chain Reaction is a great example, Speed, 47 Ronin, Street Kings. All great, "bad" movies. Constantine was also fucking great.
47 ronin? That is one awful movie. No love from me