The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not saying they weren't all really good and some amazing. My problem was him saying movies we couldn't have hoped for 20 years ago and that's ludicrous. Only the first 5 would I put near either Matrix or LotR and I think every last one of them could have been made twenty years ago.

For me personally, I want my movies to try to emulate the book as much as possible. I want the best actor not the preferred skin color. I want to be transported into an alternate world during those 2ish hours not get woke trash slammed in my face at every point. That destroys the story. You can't focus on a story when the entire theme being pushed is woke with a dabbling into the main story.

It would be like a company advertising a new Sherlock Holmes film and they some great scenes in the preview. You get in the movie and 90% of the movie is gratuitous homosexual sex scenes and the rest is how he met his lover Watson. That's not what I came for. I didn't come to watch woke garbage, I came to watch a story, see some action, see horrible monsters, watch people get murdered, etc. That would be like a movie advertising how King Arthur and his 100% black Round Table tried to defend 'Camelot' from evil white hordes and their fall started the Dark Ages. Just give me a damn good King Arthur movie please? Just give a mystery for Holmes to solve, PLEASE? This is the type of shit they are selling today and personally, I want none of it. If Abu or Derjhonny is the best actor? Fine, then show me a good movie and quit with the extra narrative.
the tech advancements really help, but its not what makes a good movie. its the story and acting. lets take a film like Backdraft. if you watch it today, the effects look dated and there really isnt much there to enjoy, but then you throw in Kurt Russel and Scott Glenn's performance, then sprinkle in Sutherland and Deniro with a great story and mystery. there's your dinner. great film despite horrible Billy Baldwin and dated fx. its always going to be that way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You forgot about the fire's performance in that movie, really great villain.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You forgot about the fire's performance in that movie, really great villain.

Absolutely. Hottest member of the cast and they really chewed up the scenery whenever they were on screen.

• 3Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not saying they weren't all really good and some amazing. My problem was him saying movies we couldn't have hoped for 20 years ago and that's ludicrous. Only the first 5 would I put near either Matrix or LotR and I think every last one of them could have been made twenty years ago.

For me personally, I want my movies to try to emulate the book as much as possible. I want the best actor not the preferred skin color. I want to be transported into an alternate world during those 2ish hours not get woke trash slammed in my face at every point. That destroys the story. You can't focus on a story when the entire theme being pushed is woke with a dabbling into the main story.

It would be like a company advertising a new Sherlock Holmes film and they some great scenes in the preview. You get in the movie and 90% of the movie is gratuitous homosexual sex scenes and the rest is how he met his lover Watson. That's not what I came for. I didn't come to watch woke garbage, I came to watch a story, see some action, see horrible monsters, watch people get murdered, etc. That would be like a movie advertising how King Arthur and his 100% black Round Table tried to defend 'Camelot' from evil white hordes and their fall started the Dark Ages. Just give me a damn good King Arthur movie please? Just give a mystery for Holmes to solve, PLEASE? This is the type of shit they are selling today and personally, I want none of it. If Abu or Derjhonny is the best actor? Fine, then show me a good movie and quit with the extra narrative.

Instead of them sneaking it in and thought-raping us, there should be a registry of woke movies maintained by a panel that can be trusted so we can just avoid them altogether. Because as years pass, it can be difficult to discern. In an ideal world rottentomatoes or another aggregator would have a koskher stamp on whether a movie qualifies as woke trash or not. A lot of people here end up having to investigate for themselves and are being subtly programmed to accept more of it. Accepting a little bit ends up becoming accepting a lot because the bar keeps moving.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Instead of them sneaking it in and thought-raping us, there should be a registry of woke movies maintained by a panel that can be trusted so we can just avoid them altogether. Because as years pass, it can be difficult to discern. In an ideal world rottentomatoes or another aggregator would have a koskher stamp on whether a movie qualifies as woke trash or not. A lot of people here end up having to investigate for themselves and are being subtly programmed to accept more of it. Accepting a little bit ends up becoming accepting a lot because the bar keeps moving.

"just the tip"....works every time

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

matrix 4 will be in theaters and HBO max simultaneously on dec 22

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wish they had a reason to make this other than, "we need money!". i guess "we need money!" was their reason for the sequels. maybe this time they'll plagiarize Phillip K Dick a bit better.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i wish they had a reason to make this other than, "we need money!". i guess "we need money!" was their reason for the sequels. maybe this time they'll plagiarize Phillip K Dick a bit better.

Everything else the Wachowski's did before they split up flopped or got cancelled.

This was the only way for them to make a good bank was revisiting the Matrix.

The Wachowski's studio however, remains closed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I'm misremembering which franchise but I thought the script for #3 was originally quite different and they rewrote it to be the cliched jesus ending with DBZ fight

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i think only one of the wachowski's is doing this one, i'd say the ugly one but well

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Neo's memory must have been wiped after Agent Smith was cut and written out of the movie I would guess.

They're trying to force a soft reboot with the same cast-- sans the story that made it popular in the first place.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1629963998991.png

Soft reboot seems to be confirmed. They're doing 1999 again. The ultimate cash grab, recycle the old concept from the first movie again.

"Hey, it's that thing again!!!"

The Force Awakens style.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Errr... So all the work they did in the previous 3 movies was in vain and the architect was right.
Now it's the 8th or 9th matrix lol

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And oh boy... It's called resurrections bahahah
Why not resurgence or revenge?

• 1Cringe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe I'm misremembering which franchise but I thought the script for #3 was originally quite different and they rewrote it to be the cliched jesus ending with DBZ fight

I wish they would use that fight scene as an example and make a real DBZ movie.

• 1Like