The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this movie that i though 100% was just a hidden john wick 3 trailer

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God did they ever butcher the story by shoving all that supernatural garbage into it.
And I still don't know if the chick who played the witch was a bad actress or it was supposed to be like that, like a parody or something.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
47 ronin? That is one awful movie.
Eh, to each his own. There's a certain level of enjoyment that I derive from "bad" movies. And Keanu just has that "likeable" factor, even when the movie is dogshit.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And I still don't know if the chick who played the witch was a bad actress or it was supposed to be like that, like a parody or something.
Probably just shit writing. She would have won best supporting actress back in 2007 but reparations were more important that year.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
article said:
For Lilly, working on Work in Progress (with series star and co-creator), a comedy that follows the life of Abby, a 46-year-old "self-identified fat, queer dyke" (the show's wording), who suffers from depression, and has a thing about Julia Sweeney's problematic former Saturday Night Live character, Pat (Sweeney is also in this show), felt like the right place to be.

Itispat.jpg

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
how did those two basket cases ever make the Matrix such a hit? like how were they able to focus their crazy retardation into something coherent and competent? there had to be a third party helping them out.
i'll just believe they stole the script

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'll just believe they stole the script
they did steal the idea from Phillip K Dick, but so did a lot of others. its just amazing to me that they came up with such fresh original concepts with beautiful cinematography and score. you would never know the directors were one step away from being committed.

• 1Garbage

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Interesting gimmick + not revealing too much about the greater world/lore = good movie. Also helped that the movie was made before Hollywood went full woke and started hamfisting shit into movies.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they did steal the idea from Phillip K Dick, but so did a lot of others. its just amazing to me that they came up with such fresh original concepts with beautiful cinematography and score. you would never know the directors were one step away from being committed.
Most of the iconic scenes and concepts are stolen from previous works the directors saw. "Paying homage" or in most cases outright ripoffs.

GitS / Matrix in first 20 seconds

• 5Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Most of the iconic scenes and concepts are stolen from previous works the directors saw. "Paying homage" or in most cases outright ripoffs.

well whatever they stole, and yeah its proably all stolen, they put it together in an exceptional way. maybe the real hero is the film editor.
he has some interesting credits, including Police Academy!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Matrix was really one of those "lightning in a bottle" scenarios. Seemed to happen a lot in '99, honestly.

2 and 3 just cheapened the experience and started to show that the Transchowskis had no fuckin' idea what made the first movie such a massive pop-culture success.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yea, wasn't bullet time like a gap commercial?

edit
yea, they just increased the cameras for the full 360

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Amod Amod can we have the title changed to The Matrix: Resurrections (2021) or some such?

Last edited:
  • 1GreNeg

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
how did those two basket cases ever make the Matrix such a hit? like how were they able to focus their crazy retardation into something coherent and competent? there had to be a third party helping them out.
You know, it's weird. Because the Matrix is about opposing the system, and they were staunchly anti-Trump, who is essentially an Orange Man Bad version of Neo who raised awareness about the corrupt system we live in. And the MSM/Blue Checkmark driven NPCs attacked him in order to protect their system, which Morpheus predicted.

In short, I agree they aren't responsible for the Matrix.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know, it's weird. Because the Matrix is about opposing the system, and they were staunchly anti-Trump, who is essentially an Orange Man Bad version of Neo who raised awareness about the corrupt system we live in. And the MSM/Blue Checkmark driven NPCs attacked him in order to protect their system, which Morpheus predicted.

In short, I agree they aren't responsible for the Matrix.
well i think a lot of these anti trumpers only say that because they want to keep working in Hollywood, they probably dont give a shit about anything outside their little bubbles. box office poison like the Wachowski weirdos have to resort to making tranny flicks and rebooting this dead IP with the aging actors from the first trilogy in order to pay the bills. only us old timers are gonna even bother seeing this,

• 1Garbage

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The camera tricks and the surprise plot device were what made the Matrix more popular than it probably would've been otherwise.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suspect a lot of people had input on the first movie, whereas they had more control over the sequels.