The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You salty fucks know that trailer was BADASS!!! Stop acting like it was just OK.

boner-excited.gif

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 3Pathetic
Reactions: 14 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The trailer was a whole shitload of, "HEY! REMEMBER THIS!!??!" - Like I said, I'm only in because Keanu and since it releases on MAX, I can pirate it easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CGI was pretty and it has John Wick and NPH. Everything else screamed nostalgia with an agenda.

Hosix

All labs matter!
The trailer was a big load of “meh”. Will I watch on HBO Max? Yes. But I won’t go out of my way to see it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok. I accept this.

More like...
View attachment 371816
I don't know what this gif is exactly so I'm going to guess.

You are saying that your reaction to nerd culture event is nothing like the simp crying at star wars trailer event, but is more like someone crying with pride because of an event that personally touched them?

That just makes you even more like the star wars simp.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's quite possible that this ends up being a prequel, one of the earlier versions of the Matrix, possibly even the first Matrix, or that it's left totally ambiguous at the end whether it's a prequel or a sequel, whether the story has a beginning or an end.

The only way to go with a 4th Matrix movie would be extremely meta and self-referential, and this definitely looks like it's going that route.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't know what this gif is exactly so I'm going to guess.

You are saying that your reaction to nerd culture event is nothing like the simp crying at star wars trailer event, but is more like someone crying with pride because of an event that personally touched them?

That just makes you even more like the star wars simp.

No...I'm just black.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 9 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Well all those transition surgeries aren’t going to pay for themselves. The wachowskis need to pay for the dong choppies

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If they can recapture what made the first one special, I'm not sure I care how much blatant recycling and reusing they do. That said, The Matrix being special is likely specific to its release date.

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Idk... it looks alright I guess. Doesn't look like it has the grittiness of the first film though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We'll see, it's weird not seeing Smith or Morpheus.

And I wonder if NPH is an agent and if it was originally supposed to be Smith sitting there, that would have been fucking wild.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's funny how Keanu doesn't change up his looks for any movie now. I kept thinking, hey that is John Wick! lol

I'm thinking Fishburne noped out being in this movie due to it's high chance of being bad.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish we got Constataine 2
This, so much. It was Keanu Reeves best role.

I liked the trailer. Matrix is top 3 of my watch list so I will watch this regardless.

That being said, there was a large difference between trailers for the original Matrix and this movie. While I am sure they have a couple of twists planned, it will be nothing like how watching the original Matrix made me feel, in comparison to what the original trailer showed. I feel like that trailer, like most trailers nowadays, showed to much. I hope I am wrong but I will take to the high seas for this movie anyways.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grandma Trinity cleaned up alright.

Great Value Morpheus makes me sad.

No Hugo Weaving makes me sad.

Trailer is moderately interesting. Sitting at about a 4/10 on the hype meter atm. I'll go watch it.

• 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Trailer was Intense, I have no idea what is going on in relation to the old movies but i am fucking Hyped.

• 1Clown World
  • 1Barf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users