The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dumping Hugo Weaving just like that . . . there's probably more to it.

I hope the story behind it comes out, my guess: he probably questioned or expressed doubt over a part of the script he shouldn't of, and Lana got triggered.

This movie will be . . . ( I already put a "dumpster fire" picture in the 007 thread ) . . . so something along those lines.

I'd buy this-- because he did make some snarky remarks about the age of the cast when announcing he'd been jilted, and he also personally went to a rumor film news website to announce that he'd been cut from the movie. He personally went out of his way to inform a news site that he was tossed off the project, likely to build pressure from the fans on Lana to work it out. But surprise surprise, nobody gave a fuck about Matrix 4 and he went out with a whimper. His cover-your-ass was basically sounding like he didn't care in the slightest anyway (after remarking on the age of the movie/story/cast as a parting shot) , so his ego is intact despite his play not working out.

A to B-list actors don't go to movie news blog sites to announce things like that unless they have a very visceral motivation. He was certainly feeling jilted, and it's likely over a petty firing over a small detail related to the script he dared to comment on, or gave notes to Lana about. She read his notes and was like ahhhh yea CLICK.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
From what I read earlier, they still plan to keep The Matrix: Online as canon (or at least parts of it). Taking a look at the old wikis, Trinity and Neo were part of some machine hatched plan to code DNA into machine code or something and had something to do with some biological interface stuff to explain why Neo could control machines in the real world. Also transferring programs to biological bodies (kind of like what Agent Smith did in the 2nd movie?)

So I am guessing that plays a role in why Trinity is back

Smith virus was also in Matrix: Online and wasn't resolved, so that would explain why they may have planned to bring him back. I never really played the game, but I do recall they killed Morpheus off, so that helps explain why he isn't in the new movies.
it would have been nice if we had that stuff prominent in Revolutions. nah, we needed more Trainman stuff.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So they are making a film without a core character. Swift idea. They haven't put out a solid flick in 16 years, and I doubt this one is going to end the streak.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean do any of you really have high expectations for this? First movie is amazing, 2nd one was up and down, but had some cool scenes, 3rd one was almost entirely trash.
I can't even get myself to watch the original Matrix movies anymore. I an not hyped of anything for this at all.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I can't even get myself to watch the original Matrix movies anymore. I an not hyped of anything for this at all.

If they just made a normal continuation of Matrix, with a new protagonist.(a normal everyday joe sort of guy, not some purple hair trans diversity hire). And instead of Morpheus, they had Keanu acting as the mentor, and fucking cranked that shit up to 11 with FX, action, fighting against a rebellious AI or something. No underground raves, no slow motion camera rotating. Just pure John Wick style ass kicking, I'd watch. We all know thats not going to happen though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They’ll probably rewrite it so Smith virus fragments reconstruct into a new avatar or whatever. Voila new actor.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
i mean what more needs to be said? they had a mind blowing end to the second movie and then totally ditched the matrix within the matrix idea in the finale. i dunno if they didnt know how to make that angle work for them, they didnt have the budget or they decided that Neo sitting at a train station for a half hour was a more interesting concept.

i still wonder what could have been.

You don't have to wonder what could have been.

One of our esteemed FOH brethren already wrote a fantastic outline for what the third movie should have been a number of years ago. It was so long ago that I don't even remember who wrote it. In any case, I consider it to be the true story of how the Matrix ended as opposed to the bullshit we got in the third movie.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I still think the action pieces in 2 are some of he best shit I’ve ever seen. That Keanu vs 100 smiths fight aged awfully but the whole escape, highway chase, twins, motorcycle semi truck shit - perfection . I still watch that scene on YouTube from time to time. 2 wasn’t perfect but like others said, would be remember even better if they didn’t blow 3. And I don’t get how they did. They filmed 2/3 back to back. So it’s not like there was a break or staff change that ruined the 3rd like the event Star Wars. They literally day to day made no sense.

• 3Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The first Matrix to me was a masterpiece of story and action. 2 and 3 were like WTF happened. Only thing I remember about 2 is everyone on this board trying to figure out what KFC man said with his millions of monitors speech..

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still think the action pieces in 2 are some of he best shit I’ve ever seen. That Keanu vs 100 smiths fight aged awfully but the whole escape, highway chase, twins, motorcycle semi truck shit - perfection . I still watch that scene on YouTube from time to time. 2 wasn’t perfect but like others said, would be remember even better if they didn’t blow 3. And I don’t get how they did. They filmed 2/3 back to back. So it’s not like there was a break or staff change that ruined the 3rd like the event Star Wars. They literally day to day made no sense.
the 100 smith fight might have been too ambitious, but it holds up for the most part. i mean, its not Anaconda bad.

• 2Seriously?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first Matrix to me was a masterpiece of story and action. 2 and 3 were like WTF happened. Only thing I remember about 2 is everyone on this board trying to figure out what KFC man said with his millions of monitors speech..
He said you are all chicken tendies.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They’ll probably rewrite it so Smith virus fragments reconstruct into a new avatar or whatever. Voila new actor.

That sounds great to Lana's core fans-- except Agent Johnson is reprising his role.

It's not really forgivable to cut Hugo Weaving and keep the original Johnson. Especially since both are agents.

The nostalgia factor took a big hit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That sounds great to Lana's core fans-- except Agent Johnson is reprising his role.

It's not really forgivable to cut Hugo Weaving and keep the original Johnson. Especially since both are agents.

The nostalgia factor took a big hit.
having no Morpheus in it either really fucks the whole project. wasnt he the previous anamoly?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they just made a normal continuation of Matrix, with a new protagonist.(a normal everyday joe sort of guy, not some purple hair trans diversity hire). And instead of Morpheus, they had Keanu acting as the mentor, and fucking cranked that shit up to 11 with FX, action, fighting against a rebellious AI or something. No underground raves, no slow motion camera rotating. Just pure John Wick style ass kicking, I'd watch. We all know thats not going to happen though.

They're doing a young Morpheus instead of a new young Neo, for whatever reason.

1611966283560.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
having no Morpheus in it either really fucks the whole project. wasnt he the previous anamoly?

Re-cast/replaced/rewritten for a younger version.

Unknown if it will actually be a young Morpheus, or a Morpheus with a new name. It's the guy from Watchmen I guess.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

No. Morpheus was legit just one of the many leaders of Zion he just happened to put his faith in the correct “one”

No Hugo makes sense if they play it right. He was deleted from the system and is gone forever. No Morpheus leads me to think Neo and Trinity are “resurrected” as programs. At the end of three they supposedly find peace. Eventually some threat emerges so the matrix core recreates The one to
Save the day. Could be decades down the road. Original Johnson was infected but perhaps not erased? Who knows. I get the feeling this will legit all be in the matrix.

• 3Like