The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That YouTuber : Critical Drinker did a good vid recently about how so many modern movies are ruined because they are using weak antagonist charaters ( The main big bad guy )

He was saying this is done a lot now due to them pushing the strong female lead character(s) in films, the woke agenda. So then these female leads ( Rey, Captain Marvel, Female ghostbusters etc ) are then given a soft journey through the film, never being bested in a fight and never in real danger. Due to the film makers not wanting to push or threaten the character, show a woman losing a fight, and face the wraith of the SJU twitter karens.

His closing point being that a good hero ( refering mostly to action films ) is only as good as how hardcore the main bad guy is. These newer woke films with weak antagonists are just not as good, they're just flat.

So now Matrix 4, agent Smith ( a really good hardcore bad guy!! ) is given the boot. Sure to be replaced by some watered down brown paper bag.

This is gonna suck.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
having no Morpheus in it either really fucks the whole project. wasnt he the previous anamoly?
WTH are they thinking. They think KR and an old blubbery CAM can carry this movie?

I bet it won't be in the matrix at all. It will be KR in a coma in the hospital after all. At the end of the movie, the world will finally find out who shot JR Ewing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
WTH are they thinking. They think KR and an old blubbery CAM can carry this movie?

I bet it won't be in the matrix at all. It will be KR in a coma in the hospital after all. At the end of the movie, the world will finally find out who shot JR Ewing.
as much as i like Keanu, without Fishburne and Weaving there, its going to be a total clusterfuck. Keanu's brand is about to take a huge hit because, no he can not carry this franchise on his own.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TBH, I thought if they ever came out with a New Matrix it would have been a new version of the Martrix instead of recycling the Neo shit again. This movie is destined to suck.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
You don't have to wonder what could have been.

One of our esteemed FOH brethren already wrote a fantastic outline for what the third movie should have been a number of years ago. It was so long ago that I don't even remember who wrote it. In any case, I consider it to be the true story of how the Matrix ended as opposed to the bullshit we got in the third movie.
Any chance someone has the outline?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
as much as i like Keanu, without Fishburne and Weaving there, its going to be a total clusterfuck. Keanu's brand is about to take a huge hit because, no he can not carry this franchise on his own.
Prior to John Wick I would've said you're right. After John Wick? Eh, I'm not so sure. Problem is, Wick had good writers, directors, etc. The Wachowski Xisters aren't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Prior to John Wick I would've said you're right. After John Wick? Eh, I'm not so sure. Problem is, Wick had good writers, directors, etc. The Wachowski Xisters aren't.
i dont mean Keanu cant carry it because i think he is deficient, i mean Keanu/Neo without his mentor and antagonist is fucking pointless. the whole point of films like this is cashing in on nostalgia. it sure wont with just Neo and Trinity.

Fucker

Log Wizard
They got rid of the interesting characters. CAM was basically a doorstop in the first films. Now she's an old doorstop. KR is ok in certain films by himself, but this isn't one of those films. Also, they don't have anything new or interesting to offer in terms of story. Just like T2, there's only so many ways you can tell the same story before it gets old and played out.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Youn
They got rid of the interesting characters. CAM was basically a doorstop in the first films. Now she's an old doorstop. KR is ok in certain films by himself, but this isn't one of those films. Also, they don't have anything new or interesting to offer in terms of story. Just like T2, there's only so many ways you can tell the same story before it gets old and played out.

I dont know, I wouldnt mind snouting around in CAM sloppy milkers

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Youn

I dont know, I wouldnt mind snouting around in CAM sloppy milkers
disgusted a charlie brown christmas GIF by Peanuts

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I still think the action pieces in 2 are some of he best shit I’ve ever seen. That Keanu vs 100 smiths fight aged awfully but the whole escape, highway chase, twins, motorcycle semi truck shit - perfection . I still watch that scene on YouTube from time to time. 2 wasn’t perfect but like others said, would be remember even better if they didn’t blow 3. And I don’t get how they did. They filmed 2/3 back to back. So it’s not like there was a break or staff change that ruined the 3rd like the event Star Wars. They literally day to day made no sense.
Yeah, the chateaux fight was really nice.

I think the seconds main problem was everything it setup ended up being total trash so it got dragged with the trash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, the chateaux fight was really nice.

I think the seconds main problem was everything it setup ended up being total trash so it got dragged with the trash.
i loved Reloaded almost as much as the first one, the set pieces are on par with most of the scenes in the original film. that being said there are some total garbage scenes in Reloaded. the stupid rave. the "kiss me like you kiss her" scene and the undercover human Agent Smith was dumb.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Problem is, Wick had good writers, directors, etc. The Wachowski Xisters aren't.

And it's the smaller dyed purple hair little Wachowski sister directing this one.

She had been shooting scenes in San Francisco.

When I saw Lana Wachowski with her dye job standing up on her tippy toes on the crane "overseeing" a shot on location in San Fran-- I just can't.

Lilly was the more director's director type, and xhe's not involved.

1612004692889.png

They had a falling out of some kind in 2018. Their Chicago studio offices were shuttered and put up for sale-- meaning there would be no more shared ownership/space between Lana and Lilly. The studio office closure signaled a divorce of some kind-- per Lana's own words, which had a lot of finality to them. Even making reference to "family", that jives along with the divorce thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Go figure when you have two mentally ill losers who love being dominated and both end up trans it doesn’t work out.

I never used to out too much into the abuse turning people gay:trans but this one is clear. The odds are a billion to one you would get two brothers who are both subs and late in life trans. They were clearly abused as children.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they were somehow able to keep their shit together long enough to make one epic and one pretty good Matrix movie. obviously they knew how to make movies and borrow from Philip K Dick at one point.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Go figure when you have two mentally ill losers who love being dominated and both end up trans it doesn’t work out.

I never used to out too much into the abuse turning people gay:trans but this one is clear. The odds are a billion to one you would get two brothers who are both subs and late in life trans. They were clearly abused as children.
Trannies are the most insufferable drama whores on the planet. Two of them in one office must have been hell for everyone around them.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lol come on. You think they are the only two? I bet they hired every tranny they could find. Just a room full of testosterone and shitty perfume.

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
they were somehow able to keep their shit together long enough to make one epic and one pretty good Matrix movie. obviously they knew how to make movies and borrow from Philip K Dick at one point.

All quibbling about where did the story come from aside, no story springs fresh into the minds of its creators. George Lucas didn't just invent Star Wars out of whole cloth, although it was much more fresh in its creation than the Matrix ("The Invisibles" was just a few years old when "The Matrix" was made, as opposed to Lucas' influences being decades old).

The first movie is one of the best movies at all time. The other two are...less so, much less so in fact because their "inspirations" are less clear, their symbiology/iconography is more Eastern than Western, more "dense"/complex and less easily relatable in cinematic form and The Wachowskis just weren't up to the task as storytellers. It might have been better if they had more time to develop the stories but given their track record since, I lean to not; I am also sure everyone was keen to capitalize on the success of the first and the "Film back to back" success of the LOTR.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Matrix sequels would have done better if they focused on what eventually became Animatrix. Those stories are all fucking awesome. Yet, what we got was tranny ghosts and orgasm cake. CAM was also decidedly inferior in both sequels. Not sure why she made so much more sense in the first, as well as her pretty standout performance in Jessica Jones. Sequels were definitely what I would call "tryhard". Took themselves too seriously.

What is the matrix and that whole message got convoluted and preachy. They were also a lot brighter. In a literal sense. Even the Matrix itself had a dimmer, greener feel in the first one that was missing in the subsequent two. There's nothing in the first one where I can really say, "that's stupid", but there's a big list of stupid in the sequels. Also, the music. First one had a perfect sound track. I don't remember shit from the other two. Animatrix even had badass music. Sequels are basically The Hobbit compared to LOTR.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users