The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I pay for HBOMax for other shit, son. That means I'm not paying extra, in any capacity, to watch the new Matrix movie. Thus, I am seeing it for what is effectively free.

Were I not paying for HBOmax, if I wanted to see it, my options would be to:
Pay for HBOmax (something if I wasn't already doing, would be an extra payment)
See it in theatre (requires me to spend money beyond 0 to see it)

Nuance, son.
there is a third option.
iu

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well in case it wasn't obvious, logic has nothing to do with it, and I won't be reading any reviews.

Can't imagine unironically reading a review of the 4th matrix movie.

Checking an aggregator score for a brief 2 clicks, sure, but certainly not reading an actual review.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I've watched the trailer again.
Why are you saying the FX are good? They look nice but not astonishingly good.
This is a sea-boot (tks redlettermedia), using the same elements from the 1st (white rabbit, the liquid mirror, the morpheus dude, like someone said here, a terminator genysis type), and.....you are tired of Hollywood doing the same shit but now, they're doing it again, and you eat and say thank you afterwards.

The movie was so unnecessary but at least, they could have done something new, different.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

they haven't worked together since their studio closed. shes just appropriating a reason.

theres no evidence they collaborate since then at all or had any plan to. lilly got left out and is literally just fishing for attention

When their studio shuttered the doors it was Lana who had negative remarks to color it as a break up of a family. Lilly was forced off the project in the same way Hugo Weaving was-- and you can bet your fucking ass Hugo exchanged a few texts with Lilly about the script and what Lana was doing.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
It's quite possible that this ends up being a prequel, one of the earlier versions of the Matrix, possibly even the first Matrix, or that it's left totally ambiguous at the end whether it's a prequel or a sequel, whether the story has a beginning or an end.

The only way to go with a 4th Matrix movie would be extremely meta and self-referential, and this definitely looks like it's going that route.
Nope, youre too late: I had that theory Wednesday, I get credit for it if its true
now that that’s out of the way, is this confirmed to be a sequel? Maybe this is a prequel film about a previous version of The One before “our Neo”

Didnt the multiple screens in The Architects chamber hint that The One always looks like Reeves?

Argarth

On the verandah
Can't imagine unironically reading a review of the 4th matrix movie.

Checking an aggregator score for a brief 2 clicks, sure, but certainly not reading an actual review.

Pretty much. I'll basically be doing what I did when the official Infinity War poster went up, and the screen date was announced. Tuned out of any news and discussion as best I could.
Man that was a long wait, but so glad I did. That movie completely blew my mind.

Fortunately, this time around the wait is MUCH shorter. =)
edit: not suggesting for even a moment that this will stack up against IW, heh.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I've watched the trailer again.
Why are you saying the FX are good? They look nice but not astonishingly good.
This is a sea-boot (tks redlettermedia), using the same elements from the 1st (white rabbit, the liquid mirror, the morpheus dude, like someone said here, a terminator genysis type), and.....you are tired of Hollywood doing the same shit but now, they're doing it again, and you eat and say thank you afterwards.

The movie was so unnecessary but at least, they could have done something new, different.
It should have been named Matrix: Recycled. They are using JJ Abram's Xerox machine to mix and reconfabulate bits of the first movie. Second-hand Moprheus...where is LF by the way? He never got a call, but his character is in the movie. No Agent Smith is another glaring omission. They are relying on KR to carry the movie, forgetting the fact that all the characters were what made the first one good. Without a real antagonist, this movie will be as dramatic as Welcome Back, Kotter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

It should have been named Matrix: Recycled. They are using JJ Abram's Xerox machine to mix and reconfabulate bits of the first movie. Second-hand Moprheus...where is LF by the way? He never got a call, but his character is in the movie. No Agent Smith is another glaring omission. They are relying on KR to carry the movie, forgetting the fact that all the characters were what made the first one good. Without a real antagonist, this movie will be as dramatic as Welcome Back, Kotter.

that's an awful lot of conjecture from a trailer that was designed specifically to remind you of a movie from 20 years ago.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
they haven't worked together since their studio closed. shes just appropriating a reason.

theres no evidence they collaborate since then at all or had any plan to. lilly got left out and is literally just fishing for attention

When their studio shuttered the doors it was Lana who had negative remarks to color it as a break up of a family. Lilly was forced off the project in the same way Hugo Weaving was-- and you can bet your fucking ass Hugo exchanged a few texts with Lilly about the script and what Lana was doing.
I'm going to guess that one of them talked the other into being trans and now the other is regretful and pissed.

Is the Matrix 4 director the first tranny out of the two?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm going to guess that one of them talked the other into being trans and now the other is regretful and pissed.

Is the Matrix 4 director the first tranny out of the two?
the older one tranny'd first and the younger one followed, the older one is the ugly one (well both are) with the rainbow mop hair

Caeden

Sooo. Honestly these look like ugly fat moms that I see in the south that fucked another mostly genetic dead end to produce a genetic line that eventually shrivels up in a trailer park after a series of mishaps involve either meth or telling someone to hold their beer.

Fairly successful transitions.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Spider-Man No Way Home releases 5 days earlier and everyone, afaik, is super hyped for that movie as it should really hyper kickstart phase 4 of MCU, and Matrix 4 releases the same day as Kings Man 3, which lets be honest no one really gives a shit about.

Either way I don't think this movie is gonna do well at the box office, but it doesn't really matter since its the only one out of the 3 that'll be viewable at home for free.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let's see if these people are right over in internet land

EnMl1IBX.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 5 users