052E825F-010E-476E-8F13-31725AE0FFB9.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lol. People bitching about a "reboot" in the one franchise where that would be extremely internally consistent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't see how people can get too passionate about the Matrix series.

I mean, the first movie was excellent but the successive two were hot messes that ruined everything that came before them.

Something like making Star Wars then going straight to The Last Jedi, twice.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I liked the trailer more than I'd thought. It reminded me of how much I liked the Matrix, in the top 10 for me.

But with that said, we've been down this road before. Interesting trailer gets you hyped for movie, then it's a big letdown, rinse and repeat.

So I will play the waiting game, if there's enough positive feed back then I'll go see it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would've thought this movie was like The Matrix meets Jacob's Ladder by the looks of it.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Here is the WorldofGeekdom Youtube video that has full spoilers for Matrix 4. It was taken down by WB for copywrite, so the assumption is that its a real report by someone who saw an early cut of the movie, a "95% cut" they call it.
Warning: He isn't kidding; he is going into full plot and twist details about the movie that the trailer confirms; the video was posted in June and reposted June 30th. Beyond here there be dragons and spoilers about why people are saying there is at least *some* wokeness in the movie. I am spoilering it to reduce temptation; nothing spoilery about the video still itself. One click and you will wake up in your bed, believing whatever you want to believe. TWO clicks, however, and you will see how woke the rabbit hole gets.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh SOME wokeness? The near mongaloid retard blob involved with this isn't enough?

Poor Keanu.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Listened to that plot video. The part he mentions that might be woke doesn't honestly seem that bad it kind of seems almost in character I guess it depends on the context of how it happens which he admits he doesn't know.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Listened to that plot video. The part he mentions that might be woke doesn't honestly seem that bad it kind of seems almost in character I guess it depends on the context of how it happens which he admits he doesn't know.
yeah it doesn't necessarily sound super woke, but i think that will rest very securely in HOW it happens.

however, the whole thing just feels straight up like we've already seen that movie.

Caliane

Here is the WorldofGeekdom Youtube video that has full spoilers for Matrix 4. It was taken down by WB for copywrite, so the assumption is that its a real report by someone who saw an early cut of the movie, a "95% cut" they call it.
Warning: He isn't kidding; he is going into full plot and twist details about the movie that the trailer confirms; the video was posted in June and reposted June 30th. Beyond here there be dragons and spoilers about why people are saying there is at least *some* wokeness in the movie. I am spoilering it to reduce temptation; nothing spoilery about the video still itself. One click and you will wake up in your bed, believing whatever you want to believe. TWO clicks, however, and you will see how woke the rabbit hole gets.

just sounds boring and unnecessary. no dramatic or shocking revelations, or mounting threat, or scope.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
just sounds boring and unnecessary. no dramatic or shocking revelations, or mounting threat, or scope.
yeah, almost sounds like a first act. just sets up the world and the premise. i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if that's the point. introduce the world to the next matrix trilogy. it is literally the only thing the wachowski's have done that have any actual worth, even despite how poorly part 2 and 3 went.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, almost sounds like a first act. just sets up the world and the premise. i wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if that's the point. introduce the world to the next matrix trilogy. it is literally the only thing the wachowski's have done that have any actual worth, even despite how poorly part 2 and 3 went.
theyve attempted to recapture that style of world building in every film in the last 20 years and have failed miserably. odds are in favor that they fuck this up too. but maybe this dickless man can resist the temptation of altering the one thing they got right.

• 1Garbage

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
It's funny how Keanu doesn't change up his looks for any movie now. I kept thinking, hey that is John Wick! lol

I'm thinking Fishburne noped out being in this movie due to it's high chance of being bad.

and the fact he's fat and this is an action movie

• 1Like