The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One more thing, they told in 100 years, no ship has reached 100km from the machine city.
Well I can understand how Neo and Trinity got pretty close (most of the machines were at Zion), but why didn't the humans ever used a kamikaze strategy before, using the EMP? reach the closest you can and ignite it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Finished watching the 3rd one, oh yeah, still shit. (haven't seen since 2003).
It has some nice ideas but the execution is awful. That DBZ fight... Lol it is so out of the blue that I can still laugh at it.
My GF told this one is pretty bad but not as bad as Reloaded. *shrug*

All in all, they tried to expand the Matrix universe but it became an over the top, disjointed mess.
I remember seeing the 3rd Matrix in a movie theater in Toronto while I was attending a trade school out there. What a strange experience Toronto was. And it lasted for 3 months.
The place I went to was right in the heart of Toronto. You took a big escalator from the street up to where the theater was. I forget what that place was called... now I'm curious.

Last edited:

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Smith IS an aborrant virus because he hates humans despite his programming to watch over and guard them.
I disagree...

I think he was coded the way he was... even his contempt for humans.

He mentions in the 2nd film that he knew what he was supposed to do when "destroyed" but didn't. Perhaps something overwritten or copied. At that point I believe he became the virus. Oracle said as much that he wouldn't stop here. He won't stop until there's nothing left.

Really bummed he's not in the 4th one... but if he felt it was a bad script - so be it.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

I disagree...

I think he was coded the way he was... even his contempt for humans.

He mentions in the 2nd film that he knew what he was supposed to do when "destroyed" but didn't. Perhaps something overwritten or copied. At that point I believe he became the virus. Oracle said as much that he wouldn't stop here. He won't stop until there's nothing left.

Really bummed he's not in the 4th one... but if he felt it was a bad script - so be it.
Well, I was postulating based on the theory of benevolent machines which we never got. So you're right in that he was probably just behaving according to programmed parameters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i was talking less the "matrix in a matrix" part and more that the machines are actually the good guys trying to wrangle and protect the stupid humans who can't stop destroying everything even when they know what it's doing to their living environment.

This is what I always thought and could have sworn there was some DVD extras or something that gave a bunch of historical information that heavily hinted at the machines being the good guys who were constantly screwed over by humanity

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if the thread has touched up on it, but it looks like a bust of Agent Smith's head appears in the Trailer

TbeuJJc.jpg

mMkQujN.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Somebody posted a video of a theory that someone had that in this new matrix neo is a movie star and the old matrix was actually a movie in this new one. It was actually pretty interesting and had some compelling arguments backing it up. Having that bust of agent Smith might be a nod to that.

• 1Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Not sure if the thread has touched up on it, but it looks like a bust of Agent Smith's head appears in the Trailer

TbeuJJc.jpg

mMkQujN.jpg
good lord i would LOVE to know exactly what it was that hugo weaving did, and by extension, exactly how petty mr wachowski is

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
good lord i would LOVE to know exactly what it was that hugo weaving did, and by extension, exactly how petty mr wachowski is

"We want to explore the angle that you have developed a gay & sexual symbiotic relationship with Neo after your bodies were merged, is that okay?"

headache-facepalm.gif

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol he definitely took a dump on the original script after the reading

probably for the best he sacrificed himself to make this movie marginally better.

the original script must have been atrocious for him to get himself fired and a bust created of him having his head punched off that sits in lana wachowski office.

I imagine one of the notes Weaving gave was "I'm not doing Cloud Atlas part 2" with a big arrow and circle on a full page. Or just outright "This shit sucks" in red ink on the last page

him leaving caused a full rewrite, so in many ways, it might have been addition by subtraction. he's a martyr

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Caeden

I'm pretty sure that stupid fucking rave scene was the minute I realized that the first Matrix was a fluke.
Late to the party, but read through this thread and decided to rewatch the first one. Still holds up.

Wife didn’t even know there were two others. Got to this scene and after a minute of the awkward bullet time black sweaty man chest jump dancing she said “this is really fucking awkward.” And that sums it up. Then we get back to the Merovingian parts and it gets better but damn that Zion rave scene is fucking awful.

• 4Like

spronk

FPS noob
what if you just swallowed both pills, just snatch that shit out of morpheus hand

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 5 users