<Silver Donator>

1640283978511.png

• 2Pathetic
  • 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
"The Matrix Resurrections is a movie about two evil gay guys who are mad at each other because they both want Neo to love them the most."

This is pretty correct.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
One thing that really bothered me early on in the movie was the flashback stuff. It felt like it was for the audience, as if we wouldn't get the references, rather than Neo. And then they kept going back to that well over... and over... and over... and then again... and again... it felt like the kind of cutting we'd see in a behind the scenes discussion about those scenes being reconstructed for the new movie, instead of something we should have seen in real time. I felt we were kind of robbed of being able to identify the reconstructions ourselves as we dealt with our own realizations of deja vu watching the movie, with occasional elements bleeding through like the mouth closing gag. Instead it was a ham-fisted nostalgia overdose.

I was trying to rationalize it was they were doing it for people who hadn't seen the first movie... but now I realize it was probably even more confusing for them. If it was done with any nuance at all any layperson could have bought into things not being right, and him going through a break of some kind without the flashbacks, and preserving that deja vu for everyone else without shoving it down our throat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Did this movie even need side characters? I don't remember one fucking name or even the ships name from this movie. If one of them died I wouldn't even give a fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Did this movie even need side characters? I don't remember one fucking name or even the ships name from this movie. If one of them died I wouldn't even give a fuck.

They even had a mission or two where they took like 7 people with them it seemed like... was one of those 'well you extra people are dead' moments.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Good lord, couple of you are on some serious fucking copium. Even when 2 & 3 were at their worse, the cinematography always carried, fights were original and had weight. This pile of garbage was amateur hour in nearly every way. Trying to cover up the shit writing with all the meta jokes fell completely flat. As others have said, Hugo's absence was definitely felt.

Makes a lot more sense now why the second half of the freak show wanted nothing to do with it.

"Unlike the first two sequels, no second unit was used for any of the action sequences, as Lana Wachowski directed all the scenes herself." ORLY - couldn't tell!
Leaving out two of the most important characters is mind bottling....especicailly considering how absolutely bad the replacements are. I shut it off the moment the cringlingly bad new guy said MISKER AMMERSION...like wtf.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Maybe, but casting on places like IMDB only lists him as Smith whereas they list Neo and Trinity as Thomas/Neo etc. Oddly enough I didn’t see a casting entry for her husband.

I surely don't have to explain the meme-meaning of "Chad" to you?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think this shows the Waxhowski bros arent trans but just mentally ill shit lords that like attention and dominatrix shit. They live as women as the ultimate slaves sub behavior but deep down are still incel beckbeard based fags from the 90s

Not that I'm an expert on BDSM culture or anything, but the first Wachowski to transition did so after starting a relationship with famous Hollywood Dominatrix Ilsa Strix. This is why it's so stupid for trans activists to deny that some men have a fetish for either wearing womens clothes or being "feminised" - because literally every professional Dominatrix will offer "forced feminisation" sessions.

• 1Pathetic

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing that really bothered me early on in the movie was the flashback stuff. It felt like it was for the audience, as if we wouldn't get the references, rather than Neo. And then they kept going back to that well over... and over... and over... and then again... and again... it felt like the kind of cutting we'd see in a behind the scenes discussion about those scenes being reconstructed for the new movie, instead of something we should have seen in real time. I felt we were kind of robbed of being able to identify the reconstructions ourselves as we dealt with our own realizations of deja vu watching the movie, with occasional elements bleeding through like the mouth closing gag. Instead it was a ham-fisted nostalgia overdose.

I was trying to rationalize it was they were doing it for people who hadn't seen the first movie... but now I realize it was probably even more confusing for them. If it was done with any nuance at all any layperson could have bought into things not being right, and him going through a break of some kind without the flashbacks, and preserving that deja vu for everyone else without shoving it down our throat.

You must not have seen how they edited Cloud Atlas.

That's standard Wachowski style.

Now that they are aging they just got less effective.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Maybe, but casting on places like IMDB only lists him as Smith whereas they list Neo and Trinity as Thomas/Neo etc. Oddly enough I didn’t see a casting entry for her husband.

Edit: I skipped through all of Smiths scenes and couldn't find him saying "Chad" - googling didn't help because one of the crew is called Chad IRL, but apparently Trinitys husband is called Chad. I stopped paying the film full attention fairly early on, so that's my excuse!!

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
They even had a mission or two where they took like 7 people with them it seemed like... was one of those 'well you extra people are dead' moments.

And yet they all somehow survived! They could have killed off a few to make it feel like there were some kind of stakes in The Matrix, but no one dies in this movie.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Edit: I skipped through all of Smiths scenes and couldn't find him saying "Chad" - googling didn't help because one of the crew is called Chad IRL, but apparently Trinitys husband is called Chad. I stopped paying the film full attention fairly early on, so that's my excuse!!
I found myself zoning out at multiple points of this turd. Hell, this put my wife to sleep. The only thing I remember is Trinity’s husband being named Chad. Apart from this single name, I don’t remember anyone else. Nothing is memorable. I bet they were dying laughing while writing this script. This movie is pure and utter shit

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It sounds like the script was an inside joke between Lana and her friends while they smoked a joint and laughed the night away with shrill cackles at all the consoomers that were going to be excited to lap up the excrement. There were self-conscious 4th wall breaking aspects of this movie that indicate that to be the intent. The Chad thing and other audience interactions.

We know why Hugo Weaving pulled out.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Laurence Fishburn being in MacGruber tv show instead of this is the best part.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It sounds like the script was an inside joke between Lana and her friends while they smoked a joint and laughed the night away with shrill cackles at all the consoomers that were going to be excited to lap up the excrement. There were self-conscious 4th wall breaking aspects of this movie that indicate that to be the intent. The Chad thing and other audience interactions.

We know why Hugo Weaving pulled out.

Jokes on us Warner Bros paid for this shit. Hell I don't even blame Keanu for collecting a paycheck here, he didn't even have to pretend to care which is pretty amazing in an of itself.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I watched matrix 1 and loved it. Hated 2 so much I never watched the 3rd but I read about what happens. Watched this cause Keanu and free HBO Max. Wife quit halfway through.

The only parts I liked was the beginning when he was going nuts/white rabbit song. The zombies jumping from the buildings in suicide attacks was funny. Other than that it was boring, unnecessary, and the visuals were way worse than I was expecting. Wife asked if it was a series and not a movie about 20 minutes in because it looked so budget.

Also they had some really awful actors, writing, and hair styles. Jude was horrendous. As was Chad, the kids, the barista. Terrible.

What a turd, but pretty much what I expected.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I watched matrix 1 and loved it. Hated 2 so much I never watched the 3rd but I read about what happens. Watched this cause Keanu and free HBO Max. Wife quit halfway through.

The only parts I liked was the beginning when he was going nuts/white rabbit song. The zombies jumping from the buildings in suicide attacks was funny. Other than that it was boring, unnecessary, and the visuals were way worse than I was expecting. Wife asked if it was a series and not a movie about 20 minutes in because it looked so budget.

What a turd, but pretty much what I expected.

The Wachowskis ar kind of like M. Night Shamalong in that they happened to make one good movie and then everything they made after was just pure garbage. The original Matrix was so goddamn good that it carried their entire fucking careers just like M. Night Dingalong made one decent film and then shit out garbage for the rest of his career. The only other movie these dick choppers were involved in that you can claim wasn't pure dogshit was V for Vendetta.

Anyways one thing I always found amusing/interesting about the Matrix movie and even more so in the recent one since they had no problem just ass blasting people through windows turning them into bombs. Was you know these people are trying to free people from the Matrix and they are the "good guys" but they have no problem just killing every random person they come across.

It's one thing to kill Agents but just think about how many times they kill random police officers and if you die in the Matrix you die in real life. So Steve the security guard at building X is just doing his daily routine he's two days away from retirement and too old for this shit. Just gets murdered in cold blood by the fucking one, I guess fuck Steve there is no freeing him from the system.

b3aab241-f3a8-4bd2-b5dc-e674373ec351_text.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The Wachowskis ar kind of like M. Night Shamalong in that they happened to make one good movie and then everything they made after was just pure garbage. The original Matrix was so goddamn good that it carried their entire fucking careers just like M. Night Dingalong made one decent film and then shit out garbage for the rest of his career. The only other movie these dick choppers were involved in that you can claim wasn't pure dogshit was V for Vendetta.

Anyways one thing I always found amusing/interesting about the Matrix movie and even more so in the recent one since they had no problem just ass blasting people through windows turning them into bombs. Was you know these people are trying to free people from the Matrix and they are the "good guys" but they have no problem just killing every random person they come across.

It's one thing to kill Agents but just think about how many times they kill random police officers and if you die in the Matrix you die in real life. So Steve the security guard at building X is just doing his daily routine he's two days away from retirement and too old for this shit. Just gets murdered in cold blood by the fucking one, I guess fuck Steve there is no freeing him from the system.

b3aab241-f3a8-4bd2-b5dc-e674373ec351_text.gif
Sacrifices must be made in wars.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's pretty based and redpilled. I'm not sure the dick chopper would agree.
I mean his side just sacrificed thousands of them by turning them into kamikazes jumping out of buildings at the same time as traumatizing the loved ones who watched them do it. Dixkchoppers bad guys did way more war sacrifices than the good guys.