The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't the original meta that the brothers wanted to chop of their dicks and become abominations?
Yes the matrix movie is a trans allegory

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Nice to see they brought out Stephen J. Cannel, famed producer of the A-Team, to ensure only the highest quality fight scenes and choreography would make the cut.
If it’s a Matrix movie with boring generic action, then it’s not a good Matrix movie no matter what the story. This was fucking cringe with zero style— textbook 2D blandness. At least Matrix 2 had some epic scenes and tons of style with the freeway car chase, music, albino assassins, stairway fight scene, etc. The story here sucked, the new crew sucked, and the action sucked. Only original and cool thought in the entire film was the swarm “human bomb” concept.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wachowskis knew their shit and tried some new stuff never tried in movies, this is why the first movies were epic.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
1640428730922.png
Wow, they really put that in... @6:17 in the 1080p webrip. Maybe there is something to all the metacrap about being "forced" to make this steaming pile.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

No idea why I watched this on HBO last night (lack of alternatives I guess?) but this reddit review is spot on. Only thing he doesn't mention is somehow the set pieces/camera work are so bad that it strikes me as a b movie Matrix remake rather than a AAA film

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
This board is too funny.

"I didn't like 2.....or 3...........or 4. #shocked"

Reminds me of Star Wars prequel haters. When you talk to them, they also think RoTJ is shit, and if you really press them, they think ANH is subpar, with only ESB being the good Star Wars movie. So really, they only truly like 1 movie out of 6, yet call themselves Star Wars fans.

You ever think maybe you're not the target audience? Plenty of people like this stuff, but you seem to get so upset by these movies as if you're owed something, and get mad when people don't share your opinion. It's hilarious.

Keep on hating, FoH. Cue the faggotry and Picard emojis. Don't disappoint, you delicate flowers!
GNH6Z4o.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
With this review, I finally understand why people hate this movie so much. If Trinity is overtly the new One, rather than the two of them together and their connection, since Neo made his choice in the previous Matrix and resurrected Trinity at the end of Reloaded, I would agree that robs the movie of all worth, as I said in my original review. I get the disappointment. I just didn't feel it quite as much. Lana learned the lesson of the TLJ pretty well, it seems, and camouflages shitting on your previous hero too much.

It still feels like Neo is the One at the very end but now Trinity is ALSO has the power of the One. In this new Matrix its their connection together. That to me is not quite the same. Movie is still Matrix: The Ride. Still 6ish/10 for me. It's interesting as various folks have pointed out that no one dies in this; all the "people" getting killed are bots (no longer coppertops); swarm mode is all bots; all of the crews survive, even weirdly hot Mexican actress crew lady; Neo never shoots a gun, he only stops bullets. The pacing is weird; Half the movie goes by before he gets out with Bugs and her rabbit tattoo (Tattoo Wars!). On a rewatch with my wife, Trinity says she wants to kick Chad's jaw off, which she does to the Analyst at the end.

In the vein of feelings, with all the above, the feel is kind of weird as well, as why I keep referring to it as "The Ride"; its more evocative of The Matrix than recreating it. It's Batman 2099 or Steampunk DC or whatever that was.

To wrap this up, with all the fanservice/navel gazing/member berries, in some ways, it wasn't that way *enough*: That was just tantalizing without delivering on what people really wanted. 'Member?, 'Member?, 'Member? Lots of people invoked their own Morpheus and said "Show me" and this Matrix failed to deliver on that. The fate of Tantalus should bear testament: For attempting to serve his own son at a feast with the gods, he was punished by Zeus to forever go thirsty and hungry in Hades despite being stood in a pool of water and almost within reach of a fruit tree.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The "Trans Allegory" is a wedge that was retroactively shoved into place because... reasons. I dunno. I legitimately gave the rationale of The Matrix as a trans allegory a go and nope... doesn't fit. The Matrix was an amazing movie. Amazing. Groundbreaking. Special. But it has nothing to do with transgenderism and it's weird why that became a 'thing'.

This board is too funny.
Riiiiight. You seem like a left-wing tranny yourself so maybe you can enlighten. Make sense of The Matrix and trans stuff. Go!

This movie was... not good. It wasn't awful, but it was a failure as far as living up to its name. The humor fell flat when it tried, the action was sub-par, the story felt like a big sloppy joe, the characters were absolutely forgettable... in fact, come to think of it... the movie itself is a tranny: just a visual feast. That's it. That's literally its only redeeming quality: It looked real good.

It's that cut and dry.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
This board is too funny.

"I didn't like 2.....or 3...........or 4. #shocked"

Reminds me of Star Wars prequel haters. When you talk to them, they also think RoTJ is shit, and if you really press them, they think ANH is subpar, with only ESB being the good Star Wars movie. So really, they only truly like 1 movie out of 6, yet call themselves Star Wars fans.

You ever think maybe you're not the target audience? Plenty of people like this stuff, but you seem to get so upset by these movies as if you're owed something, and get mad when people don't share your opinion. It's hilarious.

Keep on hating, FoH. Cue the faggotry and Picard emojis. Don't disappoint, you delicate flowers!
6 posts and going hard from the start. You some kind of alt account?

Is your username Irish Mythology or low budget Canadian female power fantasy show side character?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Pretty sure that is Brass Against. They do Rage and Tool covers with a horn section.

They recently got some notoriety for the singer lady pissing on a guy's face on stage. Happens around 3:20 in this video. One thing is for sure, this girl is super hydrated.

Parents Will Farrel GIF

• 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
About to watch the movie in theatre

my prediction:

itll turn out the whole thing is a simulation where someone is made to be The One, but not the same way as in the original three films

when the final layer of illusion is stripped away, the person in the real world won’t be Keanu Reeves and it was all a joint venture study between machines and free humans

• 3Dislike

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

my prediction:

itll turn out the whole thing is a simulation where someone is made to be The One, but not the same way as in the original three films

when the final layer of illusion is stripped away, the person in the real world won’t be Keanu Reeves and it was all a joint venture study between machines and free humans

Well you are in for 2 1/2 hours of pure fucking misery.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

nu_11

my prediction:

18b.jpg

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the original trilogy and found them to be very good. Even the scene with the architect when neo is collapsing all the possibilities of choice into an actual outcome. Basically going from a multiverse of potential options to actual actions. That shit was meta as fuck, and I am convinced only big brains like myself can fully understand and appreciate that scene and the artistry or originality of it.

So I just watched this and what a hot pile of garbage it is. It tries too hard to push contemporary elements of memes and sjw into the movie.

So all the power neo had was somehow transfered to trinity.. because.... reasons.... How.. by being unplugged and plugged back in... what???

OK so we have 2 ones now.. two programmatic anomalies in the matrix... when there is only supposed to be 1... sure lana.... sure...
What was the point of the French guy? Comedic relief? Did the Lana guy decided to hate everything he did previously and decided to shit on it.. on purpose.
The whole French guy and the Italian ridiculously hot girl was one the main things in M2 and he just trashed it... I actually expected the exile to jump out the window like a caricature... ILL BE BACKkKKKk!!!! That whole scene was cringy when he complains about modern art being shit while making a shit movie...

Save your time.. don't watch it.. garbage

• 3Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
If anyone calls the Modal.. a nodal one more time I swear I'll murder you...
A modal is a term that mean on top and requiring your attention. It is an overlay used to focus you on something... for example a modal dialog window is the cancel/save window that happens when u leave a document opened. It does not allows you to click anywhere else but on it.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always hated Matrix 2 and 3, really felt they should have just stopped at 1. Watched this and it didn't change my mind a bit, still should have stopped at 1. It was a perfect stand alone film.

My son is only 9 but here in a few years I'll show him The Matrix and he'll be like good show dad when can we watch the next one? And I'll tell him there isn't another one and hope he never fact checks me online.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever play Navras during M4?

One of the most iconic music scores and I cant remeber if they used on this one.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I always hated Matrix 2 and 3, really felt they should have just stopped at 1. Watched this and it didn't change my mind a bit, still should have stopped at 1. It was a perfect stand alone film.

My son is only 9 but here in a few years I'll show him The Matrix and he'll be like good show dad when can we watch the next one? And I'll tell him there isn't another one and hope he never fact checks me online.
Bro.. let him fap to this
1640492052621.png

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users