The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Fucker

Log Wizard
I liked what this was trying to do, and trying to say, but I still gave it a failing grade because the execution/casting was kinda bad.

It's like people can't fucking read or something.
You said loved twice, and at no point did you give it a "failing" grade. It's almost as if some people can't put their thoughts down in a coherent manner or something.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You said loved twice, and at no point did you give it a "failing" grade. It's almost as if some people can't put their thoughts down in a coherent manner or something.
Yeah you probably got a lot of 65s in school, I guess that's why you don't consider it failing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They probably got a negative test audience reaction to so many innocent people visually dying on screen and reshot dialogue to have it be bots.
There were no reshoots, 2021 people are just pussies; They just wrote it antiseptically so no one might get their feelings hurt about coppertops dying and cry about it on Twitter.

That's part of the tragedy of the original Matrix. Every time the Zion crew defeated an agent, a policeman, a tool of system, they were killing an unknowing brother human but they had to do it to keep the dream alive. You would think it would be something the Authoritarians would embrace today. Have to break a few million Kulak/bourgeoisie eggs to build Utopia, AMIRITE?

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Why think they were real people?

what would be the point of putting millions of bots into The Matrix? They don't ever mention multiple matrixes or anything like that, and we know there are billions of "pod people" who are used as batteries. Maybe I missed something, totally possible I really wasn't paying attention, but I thought Neo+Trinity were special because they ??magically?? allowed a version of The Matrix that gets more power because people like to suffer or some other stupid, "this is tranny talk" bullshit.

but still, you need the basics: a few billion people in pods generating power, and some of that power is used to create The Matrix and populate it with those people to keep their brains alive generating power (along with "some form of fusion"). Its still a dumbass concept in 2021, VERY cool in 1999 but in 2021 you really shoulda stretched it with the fact that you could envision people as brains only/no body needed, creating levels of digital Hell, some bullshit thats HellRaiser/Event Horizon involving more processing power when people are suffering, etc. Sadly Lana Wachowski is too old to come up with neat cool new ideas and just regurgitates shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
what would be the point of putting millions of bots into The Matrix? They don't ever mention multiple matrixes or anything like that, and we know there are billions of "pod people" who are used as batteries. Maybe I missed something, totally possible I really wasn't paying attention, but I thought Neo+Trinity were special because they ??magically?? allowed a version of The Matrix that gets more power because people like to suffer or some other stupid, "this is tranny talk" bullshit.

but still, you need the basics: a few billion people in pods generating power, and some of that power is used to create The Matrix and populate it with those people to keep their brains alive generating power (along with "some form of fusion"). Its still a dumbass concept in 2021, VERY cool in 1999 but in 2021 you really shoulda stretched it with the fact that you could envision people as brains only/no body needed, creating levels of digital Hell, some bullshit thats HellRaiser/Event Horizon involving more processing power when people are suffering, etc. Sadly Lana Wachowski is too old to come up with neat cool new ideas and just regurgitates shit.
The Analyst explains:
"Kush here is one of my handlers; they're everywhere. Such a pain to copy an Agent over a coppertop; far more effective to just saturate a population. And, bonus, Swarm mode is sick fun."

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The wachowski, uhh, person, could have addressed all the shit. Simply like spronk spronk is saying, they could have came up with a reason that addressed what had been stated as a problem back in '99 and turned the story into so much more.

Which is highlighting what I think the problem is with this movie for most people. 20+ years later, it could have been so much MORE and... it wasnt. A movie just for a movies sake is really all this fits into, and if COVID hadnt made everyone crave for content, any content, then the outcry would be so much more severe imo.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

They mentioned that they flooded the Matrix with their bots because it was easier or something.

Also not clear on how many people they still have anymore and it all contradicts what the Architect said when Neo called bullshit on them killing everyone connected to the Matrix and "There are levels of survival we are willing to accept"

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The wachowski, uhh, person, could have addressed all the shit. Simply like spronk spronk is saying, they could have came up with a reason that addressed what had been stated as a problem back in '99 and turned the story into so much more.

Which is highlighting what I think the problem is with this movie for most people. 20+ years later, it could have been so much MORE and... it wasnt. A movie just for a movies sake is really all this fits into, and if COVID hadnt made everyone crave for content, any content, then the outcry would be so much more severe imo.
When I went to go find this clip on YouTube, I am still, all these years later, still shocked to find that it is only 4m38s long. It felt like 30m sitting in the theater watching it that first time. I can remember every moment, even Neo's hover-hand as he does the cartwheel with the M-16/AR-15 into cover near the end of the sequence. It's indelibly etched into my mind. I don't know if its a Columbine thing or not but he doesn't fire a single gun in this one. There isn't a single moment that is even close or even tries to be this iconic. They were always batting to get on base here, and not aiming for greatness at all. That's the movie's biggest crime; it's lack of ambition.

Also, watching the Analyst scenes again to get those lines, NPH is great as the Analyst, he really is relishing the role and chewing the scenery. And while I liked Jonathan Goff as Smith, the movie would have been immensely better had they brought Hugo Weaving back. His portrayal of Smith was just as iconic, just as much a part of The Matrix as any of the other scenes. I get that Laurence Fishburne maybe looked too old/heavy now, but Weaving needed to be there. The explanation is easy enough to write in: "They changeddd me to look as you... would expect me to look. The Analyst has... cursed me to be a part of this prison yet again and reflect your *human* frailties even though, as a program I.... bear none of your weaknesses. The Indignity!!"

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
When I went to go find this clip on YouTube, I am still, all these years later, still shocked to find that it is only 4m38s long. It felt like 30m sitting in the theater watching it that first time. I can remember every moment, even Neo's hover-hand as he does the cartwheel with the M-16/AR-15 into cover near the end of the sequence. It's indelibly etched into my mind. I don't know if its a Columbine thing or not but he doesn't fire a single gun in this one. There isn't a single moment that is even close or even tries to be this iconic. They were always batting to get on base here, and not aiming for greatness at all. That's the movie's biggest crime; it's lack of ambition.

Also, watching the Analyst scenes again to get those lines, NPH is great as the Analyst, he really is relishing the role and chewing the scenery. And while I liked Jonathan Goff as Smith, the movie would have been immensely better had they brought Hugo Weaving back. His portrayal of Smith was just as iconic, just as much a part of The Matrix as any of the other scenes. I get that Laurence Fishburne maybe looked too old/heavy now, but Weaving needed to be there. The explanation is easy enough to write in: "They changeddd me to look as you... would expect me to look. The Analyst has... cursed me to be a part of this prison yet again and reflect your *human* frailties even though, as a program I.... bear none of your weaknesses. The Indignity!!"

Not sure Fishburne looks too old and heavy since it's supposed to be 60 years in the future. Though I think it would be worth having him even if it meant changing the timeframe.

And I'm pretty sure the no gun thing started when became Superman in the first Matrix. It made sense then since Agents could dodge bullets. Here it's retarded since the fighting was so god awful

Weaving there's no excuse for. He 100% should have been in the movie and some of the scenes make a lot less sense with the new Smith. Like the scene where they're in the office building and he points his gun at Neo's head, then NPH saying Neo's mental illness turned his business partner into his arch nemesis.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When I went to go find this clip on YouTube, I am still, all these years later, still shocked to find that it is only 4m38s long. It felt like 30m sitting in the theater watching it that first time. I can remember every moment, even Neo's hover-hand as he does the cartwheel with the M-16/AR-15 into cover near the end of the sequence. It's indelibly etched into my mind. I don't know if its a Columbine thing or not but he doesn't fire a single gun in this one. There isn't a single moment that is even close or even tries to be this iconic.
I went into the matrix completely blind about what it was about. The entire last act is just about as satisfying as a movie can get. Everything is pretty spot on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Yeah you probably got a lot of 65s in school, I guess that's why you don't consider it failing.
You realize a 65 on RT is not the same as a 65 in school, right? You understand that, yeah? Because there are plenty of idiots on this board that would follow that logic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

3:05 they still used that take

• 1Worf

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Weaving there's no excuse for. He 100% should have been in the movie and some of the scenes make a lot less sense with the new Smith. Like the scene where they're in the office building and he points his gun at Neo's head, then NPH saying Neo's mental illness turned his business partner into his arch nemesis.

He either bailed or there was a scheduling conflict (according to the press "release") during the shoot schedule. It initially sounded like negotiations broke down and then the cover story came out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just figured that was Wachowski feeling some type of way towards his br..sister.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL you kind of have to with how involved it was.
Pretty much, if I remember correctly that scene was shot first and they used the entire film budget on the shootout in the lobby. They brought it back to the studio and said this is what we are trying to make

NM- I guess they used the entire budget on the opening scene, the effects are the worst out of the movie ironically

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
All this Matrix talk made me watch the second movie again, and:
1) That movie has way more dead time than I remembered, but 60% of it is still great.
2) I wish they had pulled a Lucas and just used Resurrections' budget to redo the rubber-Neo bits in Reloaded instead. And cut out nearly all of Zion, given how little pays off in the third film.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users