The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's funny how Keanu doesn't change up his looks for any movie now. I kept thinking, hey that is John Wick! lol
Precisely why I'll watch. Keanu don't give a fuck!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps an aspect yet unmentioned: music. There's a lot of music I discovered and still listen to this because of the Matrix Trilogy and even just their trailers. For example, Overseer - Supermoves was in the Matrix Reloaded trailer(but not the movie?!?!) and more famously remixed for the Animatrix. Andy Hunter - Wonders of You was also in that trailer but not the movie. Damn, that was a good trailer.

I already listen to the White Rabbit. It's a good song, but didn't really fit the trailer nor what I expect when watching a Matrix movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I already listen to the White Rabbit. It's a good song, but didn't really fit the trailer nor what I expect when watching a Matrix movie.
654.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The trailer was a whole shitload of, "HEY! REMEMBER THIS!!??!" - Like I said, I'm only in because Keanu and since it releases on MAX, I can pirate it easily.

That's what I was about to say. Its a memberberries trailer.

I like how Animosity got edgelorded and he's one of the least edgy posters on this forum. This movie is already gaining a cult following and isn't even out yet.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He probably wasn't asked back because he's super fat and out of shape now. Stunt dudes didn't want him snapping the wire during scenes.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Perhaps an aspect yet unmentioned: music. There's a lot of music I discovered and still listen to this because of the Matrix Trilogy and even just their trailers. For example, Overseer - Supermoves was in the Matrix Reloaded trailer(but not the movie?!?!) and more famously remixed for the Animatrix. Andy Hunter - Wonders of You was also in that trailer but not the movie. Damn, that was a good trailer.

Follow the White Rabbit was a thing from the 1st Matrix so it at least immediately felt like it belonged, to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
I'm open minded about it. Maybe there was a reset in the Matrix but Neo is still connected and remembers everything from the past since he wasn't destroyed.

Didn't they say previous versions of Neo were destroyed and wiped with past Matrix iterations?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's quite possible that this ends up being a prequel, one of the earlier versions of the Matrix, possibly even the first Matrix, or that it's left totally ambiguous at the end whether it's a prequel or a sequel, whether the story has a beginning or an end.

The only way to go with a 4th Matrix movie would be extremely meta and self-referential, and this definitely looks like it's going that route.
that only works if Weaving is also in this. Agent Smith was around a long time, he knew the history of the Matrix. if anyone was going to be in a prequel, its Agent Smith. this is most likely a direct sequel. which makes more sense why Agent Smith is no longer around,

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Follow the White Rabbit was a thing from the 1st Matrix so it at least immediately felt like it belonged, to me.
Sure, I got the reference, they shoved it right in our faces. The type of music itself doesn't fit with the Matrix however.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
8 seconds...I made it 8 seconds before I noped the fuck out...
GuardianX GuardianX you seem particularly triggered right now...can you tell me what happened?

I'm pessimistically optimistic on this one. I expect to be disappointed, but will give it a shot.

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
GuardianX GuardianX you seem particularly triggered right now...can you tell me what happened?

I'm pessimistically optimistic on this one. I expect to be disappointed, but will give it a shot.

I mean I'm gunna not pay for it anyhow, I'll do like I did with ever woke garbage movie, watch it til it gets dumb and then turn it off.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He probably wasn't asked back because he's super fat and out of shape now. Stunt dudes didn't want hip snapping the wire during scenes.

My thought exactly. The script called for someone who could do action. That was obvious from just one scene.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The original movie was perfect. No other films should've existed after it. Change my mind.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users