The Metal Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Don't be shit bands and you won't get shit tier analysis, I guess.

They're fucking uninspired trash.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wage War is one of the top bands in metalcore. Blueprints was a game changer.

In This Moment has been around for a long time an pretty reputable amongst the industrial metal scene and have done a lot for other female fronted bands.

You’re clearly just a one celled imbecile.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yes top bands in metalcore are doing half hour sets for real bands.

In this moment is fucking lip syncing. Everything else you said is irrelevant. Can't play your shit live? Then I don't care.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wage War is one of the top bands in metalcore. Blueprints was a game changer.

In This Moment has been around for a long time an pretty reputable amongst the industrial metal scene and have done a lot for other female fronted bands.

You’re clearly just a one celled imbecile.
Why are you bitching at someone who doesn't like the music/bands that you seem to like? I think 99% of the music that has been posted in this thread is pure trash, its only saving grace is that the 1% is fucking amazing. Neither of these bands, Wage War / In This Moment, are in that 1%, not even close (imo). In This Moment has/had 1 song, from 8yrs ago that I think is good (Sick Like Me), and Wage War? They seem kinda generic. I listened to Blueprints, and stuff that was older and newer. Kinda bland. Not horrible though, like one of their newer songs "Manic" seemed alright even if they messed it up.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not new, but new to me. People always recommend Gojira if you like Mastodon, and i just cant fully commit to Gojira...but the 1st minute of this song just gets me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not new, but new to me. People always recommend Gojira if you like Mastodon, and i just cant fully commit to Gojira...but the 1st minute of this song just gets me.

I wasn't a big fan of Gojira (still not) but man they put on a fantastic live show. Go check em out if they're ever in your area.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't a big fan of Gojira (still not) but man they put on a fantastic live show. Go check em out if they're ever in your area.
They’re one of my favorite metal bands. They really nail a balance between heavy/groove/tech.
Haven’t had the chance to see them yet.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Got super into this band lately

Like ... Norwegian Death Punk
Super interesting sound/genre mix; I'm also hearing what reminds me of late mid to late 90's west coast hardcore... but not as fast? These guys came to mind almost immediately:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This song is a mother fucking JAM. (x post with what im listening to thread since I am in fact listening to it now)

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

wow surprised to still see them going, used to listen to in the name of suffering all the time.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Opeth + Mastodon tomorrow night here in PDX. First concert since the world got flipped on it's ear. Super stoked.

• 1Like