The Metal Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
20 years ago... getting old.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Had heard of these guys in passing a few times over the last year, but hadn't every listened to any of their stuff. This album kinda took me by surprise. Pretty weird and eclectic but I really like it. It's like Between the Buried and Me + Dillinger Escape Plan + System of a Down, with a sprinkle of Nick Cave.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm

80's Power Metal made today was exactly what I didn't know I needed in my life...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd have to say that Megadeth has been my most consistently "good" metal band of the last almost 40 years. Not always great (Trust), sometimes phenomenal (Rust in Peace), but never a complete disappointment like many bands have been. Always at least worth listening to now and then.

New video dropped today. Song is pretty decent, I'll definitely check the album out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

80's Power Metal made today was exactly what I didn't know I needed in my life...

Then I suggest you check out Battle Beast, the band that spawned Beast in Black. I saw them with Sabaton 5-6 years ago and they even had a fucking keytar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Then I suggest you check out Battle Beast, the band that spawned Beast in Black. I saw them with Sabaton 5-6 years ago and they even had a fucking keytar.

I have tried listening to them, and I just cant get into them like i can Beast in Black. Im gonna keep trying Battle Beast, and maybe itll click, but it just doesnt give me the same level of warm and fuzzies like BIB does.