The Munsters

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think a bigger budget Munsters could be awesome, but you would need the right cast with good comedy instincts. Imagine John Hamm or someone similar as Herman, Joe Pesci as Grandpa, and maybe Eva Greene as Lily and give it the Dark Shadows remake treatment. That would be a good movie. This is basically looking like a fan movie, but I guess I will wait for the finished product before shitting on it too much.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The biggest hurdle any Munster Show faces is recasting Herman and Grandpa. Fred Gwyn and Al Lewis were amazingly good comedic actors who had already perfected working together in the Car 54 Series. I don't think there are any actors since that can replicate that dynamic, either individually or collectively. Gwynn in particular has a unique style and charisma that I do not think anyone else can emulate.

The Munsters was a shitty show that was just a little less shitty than some of the other shitty shows at the time.

Maybe you saw it as a kid and have some nostalgia for it, but let's not pretend it was some high art that took the perfect combination of factors to make work.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Munsters had a few good things. it had the dragon they called Spot living under the stairs. it had the cool hot rods they used as everyday drivers. it had some crazy characters, like Zombo and Charlie, Herman's twin brother. there was Granpa's laboratory in the basement where he conducted experiments. it also had more than a few funny episodes. these are things that still hold up today as cool. it wasnt all shitty. there should be enough to cull from the episodes for a good movie. there should be.

The Adams family reboot was good. they used good actors as well. Christopher Lloyd as Uncle Fester, Raul Julia as Gomez, these were great castings. RZ casted his fuckin bitch wife who has never learned how to act and is only known in his music videos and his shitass movies. Herman seems to be some rando fucktard. then they cast some B actor as grandpa. i guess Sid Haig being dead made it difficult to cast him as he would have been a MUCH better fit. the cast is going to sink this movie even if the plot does not.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Adams Family being good and having a sequel that was good is almost a minor miracle. The Adams Family pinball machine is the best selling and maybe greatest pinball machine of all time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Adams Family being good and having a sequel that was good is almost a minor miracle. The Adams Family pinball machine is the best selling and maybe greatest pinball machine of all time.
well the little girl they cast as Wednesday was pretty damned good, whatever that actress name was, she's nobody now.

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
This is from the man that used the Munster Koach in his Dragula video instead of the actual Dragula, a different car from the same show!

Rob Zombie is a fucking liar; I bet his last name isn't even really Zombie.
Not sticking up for him, but it's possible it's in a private collection and wasn't available for the video. The hero version of "The Car" is in a private collection and I don't think it's seen the light of day in a long time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She's still around, Pugley is the only one that's been a nobody
i checked her IMDB and she's playing a smaller role in the rebooted "Wednesday" show now. not trashing her, she was a fine looking woman and a great young actress, but her trajectory of stardom peaked 20 years ago. pugsley dude was pretty funny in Heavyweights. his problem was he stayed fat. he should have hit the gym while he could, he had a good shot of being something more.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I wouldn't say it's a miracle.

It had Raul Julia, Christopher Lloyd, and great writers.

Just like the Munsters CAN be good if it has a good cast and it is written well.

It won't be good or bad just because it's The Munsters, though

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't say it's a miracle.

It had Raul Julia, Christopher Lloyd, and great writers.

Just like the Munsters CAN be good if it has a good cast and it is written well.

It won't be good or bad just because it's The Munsters, though

but getting a perfect cast of actors, a good script, and good director with funding practically IS a miracle.

I think hamm would have been a good call for Herman. Maybe cena..
Jonah hill probably could do Grampa. hill is 39. I was looking at Lewis's page to see how old he was. seems there is some discrepancy. possibly lied about his "early life", no ones sure if he was born in 1910, or 1923. if 1923, he would have been 41 at the start of munsters in 64.

this cast seems like a bunch of nobodies. not a good sign.

Sevens

Log Wizard
i checked her IMDB and she's playing a smaller role in the rebooted "Wednesday" show now. not trashing her, she was a fine looking woman and a great young actress, but her trajectory of stardom peaked 20 years ago. pugsley dude was pretty funny in Heavyweights. his problem was he stayed fat. he should have hit the gym while he could, he had a good shot of being something more.
Christina Ricci during her prime, there was none hotter.
Check out her movie "Black Snake Moan" with Samuel L. Jackson

moan.jpg

bsm3.jpg

NSFW image removed -amod

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Same. I cranked out a few to it, but overall didn't like the movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She had some miniseries on Stars recently where she got completely naked (and some movie with Liam Neeson where she is a ghost or something). Plus her acting skill never fell off, she just wanted out of the mainstream by all accounts, focusing on art house movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

adams family (1991) was the 1st movie i paid over $7 to see. think that is only thing i remember about it

=
Pat Priest (Marilyn) has a cameo, but doesn't appears there will be a new marilyn or eddie

1655390933626.png

i didn't know about this show, but it had 3 season, 73 episodes, while the original was 2 seasons and 72 episodes
1655389578934.png