The Munsters

joz123

Potato del Grande
That looks like some YouTuber making a shitty parody of The Munsters. Why can't they just leave classics alone.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, this is so bad. i'll probably end up watching it. they did Herman dirty, i could forgive Zombie whiffing on every other character , but he shit the bed hard on this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy shit that looks awful. His last movie, 31, or whatever it was, was unwatchable shit. The third movie in 1000/Rejects was awful too. I think he just got lucky with 1000/Rejects because of Otis/Capt Spaulding.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck Rob zombie. We had a guy in Iraq that would kill our satellite internet connection downloading his dogshit movies.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck Rob zombie. We had a guy in Iraq that would kill our satellite internet connection downloading his dogshit movies.
i was a huge WZ/RZ fan and even i noped out for good after he butchered Halloween. i havent bought or even listened to any of his albums after the third one. i didnt like Devil's Rejects and when i dragged my dad to see1000 Corpses with me (i dont like going to the movies alone, i will bribe people to come with me if i have to) this is the look i got from him for the entire movie.
iu

then afterward he let me know how stupid it was as if i couldnt see what he seen. the really bad part of that film is how it starts. with Capt Spaulding and then the Living Dead Girl beginning credits. it makes you get hype for the rest of the film and its just TERRIBLE. it really lets you down worse than if it started out badly.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All visual AIDS aside, this doesnt even look like the movie is about Herman at all. Its about Lily finding a husband and having a bumbling scientist make one for her. He messes it up and she ends up with horribly miscast Herman. I knew Zombie would make his bitch wife the focus. Hang it up, dude. If she hasnt hit in 30 years, it sure as fuck isnt happening with this shitshow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm kind of at a loss with that trailer when the early rumors were all about Zombie being a fan and sticking to the original look. Even the first teaser photo didn't look too worrisome, but this trailer looks like they lit it by buying out all the lights from several different Halloween USAs, and then threw in some Christmas lights for good measure. The originals obviously had color makeup despite the black and white filming, but they didn't have all the colors because you could still tell the main cast's makeup and the stage lighting were subtly done even through the b&w.

All visual AIDS aside, this doesnt even look like the movie is about Herman at all. Its about Lily finding a husband and having a bumbling scientist make one for her. He messes it up and she ends up with horribly miscast Herman. I knew Zombie would make his bitch wife the focus. Hang it up, dude. If she hasnt hit in 30 years, it sure as fuck isnt happening with this shitshow.
The Herman and Lily casting really are terrible, and Zombie casting his wife again as one of the leads just ensures that this won't be endearing or charming. I like some of Rob Zombie's older music, but I can't say that I've seen a move of his that I'd be eager to watch again, and his wife's acting has never helped one bit.

Having the plot as a prequel doesn't help either, because now we're not even getting The Munsters as a family, but some prequel story I can't imagine anyone cared to ask for like this. The only positive thing I can say is that he at least didn't also make the Munsters into rednecks, but that's a pretty low bar.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm kind of at a loss with that trailer when the early rumors were all about Zombie being a fan and sticking to the original look. Even the first teaser photo didn't look too worrisome, but this trailer looks like they lit it by buying out all the lights from several different Halloween USAs, and then threw in some Christmas lights for good measure. The originals obviously had color makeup despite the black and white filming, but they didn't have all the colors because you could still tell the main cast's makeup and the stage lighting were subtly done even through the b&w.

The Herman and Lily casting really are terrible, and Zombie casting his wife again as one of the leads just ensures that this won't be endearing or charming. I like some of Rob Zombie's older music, but I can't say that I've seen a move of his that I'd be eager to watch again, and his wife's acting has never helped one bit.

Having the plot as a prequel doesn't help either, because now we're not even getting The Munsters as a family, but some prequel story I can't imagine anyone cared to ask for like this. The only positive thing I can say is that he at least didn't also make the Munsters into rednecks, but that's a pretty low bar.
i totally expected Herman to be a redneck like all the characters in his other movies. he must have had to use all his restraint not to add at least one of his touches in there. what really bothers me is how they sped up the film and added retarded sound effects. the colors are really shit. they dont work at all.
i found out from that video that this movie is being made by a company that does direct to video releases for almost no money.
i never heard of any of these films.
they also shot for 10 months and only just finished a week ago. its also being released in Spetember, not October. it will be gone by Halloween.
also as far as i know, there is none of Zombie's songs in this. as if he wouldnt even sell the movie one of his songs. or they couldnt afford it on their ten dollar budget.

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
i totally expected Herman to be a redneck like all the characters in his other movies. he must have had to use all his restraint not to add at least one of his touches in there. what really bothers me is how they sped up the film and added retarded sound effects. the colors are really shit. they dont work at all.
Agreed completely, the sound effects and speeding up makes it look like they were making a trailer for a fake movie from the 80s or 90s. Combined with the lighting, it doesn't even look like The Munsters, while being so poorly done it that they don't look like some 60s/70s throwback, either. Just zero restraint, but instead of sex, gore, cursing, and rednecks, Zombie went with PG elements.
i found out from that video that this movie is being made by a company that does direct to video releases for almost no money.
i never heard of any of these films.
Now that's fascinating, and the points about the early buildup (aside from Sherri Moon Zombie's casting) didn't set off too many red flags.

But looking at the IMDB page listing, it adds up if 31 and Three From Hell are on there in connection to Zombie. As for the rest of the films, wow does it get worse the further down you go. E.g., I didn't even realize there was a Scorpion King movie in 2018, and it was the fifth one.
they also shot for 10 months and only just finished a week ago. its also being released in Spetember, not October. it will be gone by Halloween.
also as far as i know, there is none of Zombie's songs in this. as if he wouldnt even sell the movie one of his songs. or they couldnt afford it on their ten dollar budget.
My only possible guess off the top of my head is that they're contractually obligated to screen, and they know it will fail there, but try to push out a streaming release by October that they're more confident in. And that would still assume that a streaming release isn't preemptively ruined by bad critical reviews. Nothing about it looks promising.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user