The Netflix Thread

spronk

FPS noob
oh man just what i really wanted a rich hollywood fags take on working during covid

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
oh man just what i really wanted a rich hollywood fags take on working during covid

We watched this the night before? Something, maybe the day it came out without realizing it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world and I liked it better than Don't Look Up. Parts of it seemed almost too satirical to have been done by Apatow. Some of the cameos were strange also. It was okay, felt very cheap and already very dated because of the topic. Maybe a 5.5/10?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
We watched this the night before? Something, maybe the day it came out without realizing it. It wasn't the worst thing in the world and I liked it better than Don't Look Up. Parts of it seemed almost too satirical to have been done by Apatow. Some of the cameos were strange also. It was okay, felt very cheap and already very dated because of the topic. Maybe a 5.5/10?
I turned this movie on the other day when I was trying to go to sleep. Prob made it through like 75% of the movie before I ended up falling asleep. I dont think I laughed the entire time I was watching it. Wasnt terrible but not sure I would call it a comedy. Karen Gillian tho

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

this just came out on Netflix. It was a fun watch. Kinda had a School of Rock vibe to it but no Jack Black. Little bit relatable if you were a rocker kid in high school.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
stranger things season 4

netflix earnings out tonight, last time stock dropped like $50 billion. i'd expect something similar this time, growth has to be starting to reverse massively. i rarely watch netflix anymore and already cancelled my sub but i'm prepaid for a year lol

also if you haven't watched Murderville is great, Job from Arrested Development has guest hosts for a fake murder/mystery improv kinda thing. I watched Conan O'Brian and Marshawn Lynch and they were hilarious

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
am i out of touch? no, its the kids who lack taste!!

the top 3 english shows are Bridgerton season 1 (#1), Stranger Things season 3 (#2), and Bridgerton season 2.

For international/overall its Squid Game, Bridgerton, Money Heist, Stranger Things, and The Witcher

• 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
am i out of touch? no, its the kids who lack taste!!

the top 3 english shows are Bridgerton season 1 (#1), Stranger Things season 3 (#2), and Bridgerton season 2.

For international/overall its Squid Game, Bridgerton, Money Heist, Stranger Things, and The Witcher
Women have shitty taste, nothing new.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im shocked that show is that popular. Ive never had one person ask me if I have seen it.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
stranger things season 4

netflix earnings out tonight, last time stock dropped like $50 billion. i'd expect something similar this time, growth has to be starting to reverse massively. i rarely watch netflix anymore and already cancelled my sub but i'm prepaid for a year lol

also if you haven't watched Murderville is great, Job from Arrested Development has guest hosts for a fake murder/mystery improv kinda thing. I watched Conan O'Brian and Marshawn Lynch and they were hilarious
IMO the problem isnt really the stuff netflix has, it has a shit ton of good shows and had them in the past. The problem is the entire "binge" culture which surrounds streaming services. Anytime Netflix or any other streaming platform releases something its consumed within a day or a few. Entire season eaten up, slobbered up in a day. Shit I can binge a 8-10 ep season in one saturday EZ.

Couple this with the Covid bullshit which forced people inside binging even more, and halted production for them on many shows for a year or more. They just cant keep up the content. Im not canceling a streaming service because they are "woke" or producing content I dont like, shit they all do this. Im canceling because ive consumed all the content I wanted to consume, even consumed some sketchy shit as well because I was bored, and now im just done.

Also there are just too many streaming services today as well which dont help the problem either. I get done with netflix shit im canceling and subbing to another for a few months to gobble up all their content too.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
nah I've definitely noticed a serious drop in Netflix content quality, mixed with the giant sucking of some of the best franchises off the platform onto a million fractured streaming services. Seinfeld, Office, old sci fi shows, old movies, tons of anime used to be the backbone but now Amazon has its own little catalog including all Bond movies, HBO Max has clawed back most stuff, Disney clawed back its library, then you got all the Paramount+/Peacock/Hulu/etc bullshit.

Now I look at the new tab every week and 99% is stuff I want to mark as "do not ever show this to me again", whereas before about 40% used to be added to my playlist. HBO Max has taken back the crown of "well, this sorta looks interesting at least" - Minx, Lakers show, Tokyo Vice, etc. I can't even think about the last new netflix show I wanted to watch a trailer for.

and the stock is reflecting this loss of subs too, NFLX has lost almost all its pandemic growth bump over the past 2 years and earnings are tonight I think, I'd expect another massacre.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users