The Netflix Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Glad I'm not the only one that thought Knives Out was a mess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

but also i didn't know Arnold Schwarzenegger is working on his first TV show, for netflix. Sly Stallone's TV show just released on Paramount+ Neat to see my 80s heroes now on the small screen

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll give another positive nod to Hustle. I'm not really a basketball fan at all. I don't really watch sports at all anymore, but even when I did, I enjoyed NCAA but hated the NBA.

This was a really solid sports movie. Excellent pacing and good story, even if it's not going to be anything surprising.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Hustle seemed like a very by the numbers middle of the road sports movie which by today's standards is an above average movie. I'll take something like Vision Quest over it any day.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say maybe He Got Game is the basketball Rocky. Or maybe Above the Rim.

Shit, White Men Can't Jump is probably a better movie for that title than this.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm curious about "Hustle". Is there another sports movie that it could be compared to?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm curious about "Hustle". Is there another sports movie that it could be compared to?

Air_up_there.jpg

Joking aside it's like every other "talent scout finds phenom from other country, pro US team owner doesn't pay attention because of hubris and ineptitude, scout gets player into pro league after hard training montages and minor setbacks" movie. But it's just a bit more polished with a better story and acting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

started "gods favorite idiot" on netflix. tv series. Thought a light hearted show would be fun..

then I realized Melissa McCarthy is in it. oh, god is she painfully unfunny. its insane.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Prime Video, not Netflix

The Summer I Turned Pretty

I know I'm not the only one who occasionally likes terrible coming of age shit. This was a decent enough watch. Rachel Blanchard's character is really compelling.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Prime Video, not Netflix

The Summer I Turned Pretty

I know I'm not the only one who occasionally likes terrible coming of age shit. This was a decent enough watch. Rachel Blanchard's character is really compelling.

ha gay GIF

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never forget Jaime Foxx is the reason they butchered the ending to Law Abiding Citizen

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think that I hate Jaime Fox in literally everything he's ever done. His delivery, his voice, his personality. I hate this mandingo more than almost any other male actor.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users