The Netflix Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

a+ on outlaw king, Kirk dong but also nice firm little tits.

I didn't notice CG issues.

Mormont in this and Braveheart lulz!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The Endless - Newish Netflix movie about two guys who get away from a cult and then go back to visit. Sci fi and very mild horror ensues.

My attention span ain't what it used to be, but just before I gave up on it it started to get interesting and held up well right to the end.

Apparently the stars are the directors and made another movie before this in the same universe and storyline. Now I want to see that. And apparently there will be a third.

Thankfully, it is not Cloverfield-related.

P.S. I will have to watch Outlaw King. After Hell or High Water I've had a new respect for Pine's acting chops.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
a+ on outlaw king, Kirk dong but also nice firm little tits.

I didn't notice CG issues.

Mormont in this and Braveheart lulz!

I liked this as well, I also think this should have been like a 3 episode mini series or something. The story seemed rushed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I liked this as well, I also think this should have been like a 3 episode mini series or something. The story seemed rushed.

I agree, I thought it was lol and my wife is like no its just a movie.

I just read the wiki page of Robert the Bruce, you can see they as usual mixed some things together... that's expected - what was not, was letting the king of England just walk away, wtf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Last edited:

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Halfway through Outlaw King I realized that I'd rather be watching Braveheart again instead; it wasn't bad but there wasn't anything that grabbed my attention either. The characters in this are flat, underdeveloped and in most cases unsympathetic... every time one of his brothers died it was an oh, there goes another one, kind of moment. The battles were alright but detached affairs as you never get a chance to learn about or care for anyone other than The Bruce and barely at that by the end of the film. Also his wife was so painfully generic that I wonder why they devoted as much screen time to her as they did.

The ending was pretty funny though what with King just wandering off and there being zero mentions of Bruce's daughter, as if the writers had forgotten that she existed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Outlaw King needed another 30-45 minutes of runtime, at least. It was pretty solid, but so many moments felt completely rushed.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Halfway through Outlaw King I realized that I'd rather be watching Braveheart again instead

I used pretty much this exact quote when some friends asked if this was any good.

I never thought I'd actually miss some of the random story elements of Braveheart.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
While watching Outlaw King all I kept thinking was "all these scotish nobles just need to hang themselves for the good of Scotland". I mean what was the real point of rebelling? Conning a bunch of peasants to die for you so you can sit up in the castle instead of a english (or more likely another scottish noble that accept the english king as a distant overlord).

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

It really did show off the issues with Scotland, hell they said it in Braveheart "The problem with Scotland is its full of Scots" and they were VERY tribal and clan oriented and just could not put together any of their squabbals or for the overall good of their people to get their shit together.

Hence why The Bruce just had to fucking stab the other contender for the crown, because it would just keep going and going squabbling. Hell even in Braveheart and here, have 1 loss and everyone is QQ and then they even kill each other - the Englishmen barely had to do much (hence when they send in pettance of an army)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Outlaw King needed another 30-45 minutes of runtime, at least. It was pretty solid, but so many moments felt completely rushed.

I read they cut about 20 minutes from the orignal they showed at the festivals.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It really did show off the issues with Scotland, hell they said it in Braveheart "The problem with Scotland is its full of Scots" and they were VERY tribal and clan oriented and just could not put together any of their squabbals or for the overall good of their people to get their shit together.

My father had lived and worked in Scotland for several months in the mid 1960's. One of his stories was about 2 of the guys he worked with and that one of them would warn him about the other guy "Never trust a Cambell!"

It was based on some 300 year old betrayal. My father had said that this Cambell guy was fine, just a normal person.

BTW a quick google search I just did shows that this story and grudge is still around.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Just watched "Rebirth" on netflix, two thumbs up!

I thought it was retarded. Boring, transparent, and contrived. I got the overall "message" of "shilling" but otherwise it was terrible.

Genuine real talk, what did you like about it? What made it so entertaining for you? For real, I want to know, and it would help people on the fence.!

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wife and I loved Outlaw King. She told me if we ever had an accident and it was a boy, the name would be DOUGLAAAAAAS.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Outlaw king was really good, just finished it. Braveheart 2 with better acting and better fight extras.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I thought it was dull.
Not even any good Scottish ascents.
Kirk of Scot kept running away. He certainly wasn't charismatic or engaging in any way. He reminded me of a Monty Python character but he wasn't funny or charming.
The characters were one-dimensional. The historic elements were not explored nor explained.
Honestly, it was bad-- worst Netflix film since "Open House" (but that one will be hard to top in terms of utter awfulness).

• 1Salty

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Buster Scuggs started insanely strong and hit mediocre real fast. It's still very Cohen but after the first two stories it felt like a trudge to get through due to them removing their great sense of humor.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched The Kominsky Method the other night. I don't get what the show was trying to say/be. It's a mediocre story that mostly goes nowhere, is very grim and strange at certain points for no apparent reason, has characters that are completely meaningless, and is still watchable because it's saved somewhat by good acting. Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas are great but I'd say it's skippable unless you don't have much else to watch.

It should have just been a comedy because it had some very funny moments/episodes. It gets bogged down by trying to be more than a comedy, which makes it sort of nonsensical.