The Netflix Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first story in Ballad of Buster Scruggs is great. Third story is wasting my time - currently.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Whole thing was awesome.

One of the best shows I've seen this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maniac is a great piece of sci-fi if you get a chance to watch it, we finished it last night and argued about it for like an hour.

My theory is that they're in a larger simulation themselves. Grimsson was consistent between the 'real' world and the Gertie simulation, and I don't think that's adequately explained by the story. The wife thinks his manifestation within Gertie is simply Gertie tapping into Owen's mind and choosing the confrontation that will best help Owen (to be a hero), which is certainly possible, but I think less elegant. Plus the ending after the credits is too similar to Gertie's non-confrontational out to their confrontation stories - Owen drives off into the sunset with Olivia, but realizes it's a hollow existence as he remembers who he was.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
About half of Buster Scruggs is watchable. The rest isn't worth the time. Not a bad watch overall if you're not focusing on it completely though.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the poster didn't do maniac justice.

It's also a bad title for a good series. I guess they couldn't make it schitzo.

I kinda handwave the few inconsistencies with, "well... He is nuts you know" but you're right. They've left themselves room for another season and if they don't do one the series is complete as is.

One of the better visual representations of a dream sequence I've seen in a while.

Would recommend.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've left themselves room for another season and if they don't do one the series is complete as is.

Totally agree, I almost don't want them to do another season, the open endedness of it is great for thinking about.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not Netflix, Amazon Prime, but I still think this is probably the best place for this. You Were Never Really Here with Joaquin Phoenix. I hate him, like, he vexes me, I'm very vexed at every personal appearance I see of him since Gladiator. To the point where I wouldn't miss a beat if he died of a drug overdose. I think he's a tryhard and a douche. But I actually liked Her, and I liked this movie despite him, so that's saying something. It's sort of artsy in some ways, where you don't really see much of him beating the shit out of people, but you know it is happening and the parts you do see are fairly brutal and abrupt, like they would be in real life, not the glamorized film violence we're used to. It's hard to explain what it is, so I'll just say it is a revenge movie, but that's not really doing it justice. It is weird, and nothing is really tied up neatly like other movies, but I really liked it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you liked Outlaw king, then watch "The Last Kingdom" (TV Series)for a more character driven and drawn out story that is a little before the time period but still relevant.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bumping Mics with Jeff Ross and Dave Attell. Only watched the first episode so far but this is hilarious.

iannis

Musty Nester
And like fifty million white dudes who watched it when it was still called japimation just came in their pants.

Fuck, even i saw a little cowboy bebop.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think Cowboy Bebop is doable as a live action series. It will all hinge on casting and tone/style of the show.

That being said, it will most likely be horrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users